The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accepting Crypto as a Business (First Tattoo Studio in Malta)

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey everyone,

I help out my brother a little with the online stuff for his tattoo studio here in Malta (Corazón Tattoo Studio | Malta). We decided to go ahead and start accepting Bitcoin and Ethereum for payment.

The buzz has been great so far and I think we will have a large press story running soon. As far as we know we are the first such business to do so on the island. As well as getting some great media attention it is also a great way to get new business since there are a ton of online businesses based here.

Since a lot of us here are investing into crypto I wonder are you guys also starting to accept it as payment for your own products and services? If done right it could also make you stand out a bit before everyone else rushes in (depending on the niche).

If so please share.

26735907_10208180072258419_729877202_o.jpg
26735063_10208180073458449_973339334_o.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ernesto50

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 12, 2014
Smart strategy!

I also accept cryptos as a form of payment. Currently accepting Bitcoin, BitcoinCash, Litecoin and Dash but I sell digital products (fundamental research about cryptocurrencies). Setting it up for a wordpress site was fairly straight forward, but it's definitely not yet "1-click-setup".

Today I've read that Stripe stopped accepting Bitcoin Ending Bitcoin Support and it was fairly easy to support it with their plugin/setup. But I'm fairly sure that they will introduce another currency soon (Stellar Lumens is a very likely choice, as they are invested in them already and stellar is very fast with low transaction fees)

Johnny Bravo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 20, 2018
US
My 18 gazillion dollar business-to-be is within this field which makes me an expert! :hilarious:

Here's my $0.02 on the matter.

First off, Ethereum is NOT a cryptocurrency. I have never and will never accept payment in the form of ETH. (I own a boatload of it, but that's another matter entirely.) Secondly, Bitcoin has sadly fallen off the track of where it was headed and is probably under the control of a bunch of idiots who don't know their head from a hole in the ground. I'd go ahead and accept Bitcoin, but I personally never purchase anything with it other than other coins/tokens.

As @ernesto50 mentioned above, BitcoinCash and Litecoin are much better alternatives to Bitcoin. Significantly lower fees, faster transaction verification, and pretty good market acceptance. I will also plus one his recommendation of Dash. Dash is used around the globe as a currency. Dash is literally being used today as what Bitcoin was intended to be used for when it was first created.

Stellar Lumens is poised to be highly utilized as well. I would also toss in Monero and Zcash.

The market rapidly changes, but I fully agree with your desire to establish yourself at the tip of the spear.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Congrats on accepting crypto!

I first got into BTC in 2012 when at like 125 as an online poker player. I punted away a fortune at one time but happy to say Im okay with my crypto history and still use as a payroll source to pay Internet marketers and other traders I do business with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
Some of the more well-known coins are relatively trivial to convert to local currency too. Just takes an account at Coinbase.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
When I get my first product up for sale I will absolutely accept crypto ;) I don't think it would be a significant portion of income but I think there are people that may not have bought before that would do so just for the novelty of paying with crypto and validating the use case.
(See Reddit posts every day asking for places they can spend and making a big deal about it after they do)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.