The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A week into Entrepreneurship and it has already changed my life.

XavierFastlane05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 3, 2022
Hi, fellow entrepreneurs. My name is Xavier and I'm 17 from the UK. Ever since I started school, hearing the teachers talk about 'working FOR others' I always questioned it. I never truly believed that life was about trading 5-day-slavery for 2-day-freedom, I ALWAYS knew that there was more to it. Though what I learn nor understand for a while is that, as MJ DeMarco preaches, process creates events. The thought of having to work for money made me sick to the stomach, grumbling with laziness and excuses. Throughout the whole of 2020, instead of working for what I believed was the unscripted truth, I played games to escape the fact that I had nothing of value about myself. Making the next achievement in Apex Legends; screaming at a random individual across the planet because my egotistical confidence of being better at aiming overrided my truth which was that I am just another teenager stuck in a fantasy world with major social, mental and clear physical health issues. As I finished highschool in 2021, my whole idea of entrepreneurship tipped over into the deep, bottomless and dark ocean known as the 'SCRIPT'. I did a computer science course, which I failed at entirely due to the fact that I was completely careless and numbed to the idea of working for someone else. I constantly heard my peers talking about how they're excited to be working on a computer all day with a salary of 100k a year. I finished that year neither proud or ashamed because I had no direction. Until recently, I started to watch an amazing youtuber and influencer by the name of 'Hamza'. A man who had gone through the common struggles and highs of a teenager turning to an adult with responsibilities. He taught me to meditate, to read books, to show graditude, to be humble and hundreds of other qualities I could obtain through hard work. I eventually came across his mention of the book 'the millionaire fastlane ' in one of his videos where he explains how he was able to create a huge passive income. I passed it by as "ah, hes just lucky cos hes a youtuber". After a few weeks of thinking about it I decided to download a PDF of the book since I had no money, and to my suprise, the book was the complete opposite of how I thought it would be, not another saving in indexed funds scheme or get rich easy schemes that never work. No, a truly unfiltered guide to finding your path on the millionaire fastlane . I got a job not long after, which promply lasted two weeks, and used my monthy wage of two weeks to buy the paperback version. I couldnt stop reading and taking notes and I became eager to read more books, which at this current moment, I own 'the millionaire fastlane - MJ DeMarco' 'Unscripted -MJ DeMarco' and 'The subtle art of not giving a f*ck-Mark Manson' and I plan on educating myself further; becuase of course, education doesnt stop after college ;). I just wanted to write this to show how much I appreciate MJ and his work, because if it werent for him I wouldnt be motivated to escaping the rat race. Have a great rest of your days guys I am looking forward to posting another update or question to improve my knowledge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018