The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Specialized Skill or Rat Race Job Proxy?

Idea threads

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
I watched MJ DeMarco's YouTube video about how to go from flat-broke to filthy rich. I've got the foundational job and I am learning a specialized skill, generating leads for businesses using Facebook Ads, qualifying them and live transferring via phone to the client .

Facebook recently shut down or restricted ad accounts and business managers for agencies in the industry. The whole point of building this ad agency is to quit my day job and then move on to build a business that fits within the CENTS framework.

Is learning how to generate leads using Facebook Ads a waste of time? A sunk cost? What would you do instead? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
I watched MJ DeMarco's YouTube video about how to go from flat-broke to filthy rich. I've got the foundational job and I am learning a specialized skill, generating leads for businesses using Facebook Ads, qualifying them and live transferring via phone to the client .

Facebook recently shut down or restricted ad accounts and business managers for agencies in the industry. The whole point of building this ad agency is to quit my day job and then move on to build a business that fits within the CENTS framework.

Is learning how to generate leads using Facebook Ads a waste of time? A sunk cost? What would you do instead? Thanks!
Well, maybe the facebook specific part, but I'm sure there is at least a degree of transferable skill you can move to somewhere. Maybe try LinkedIn? or TikTok? Lead generation is a very valuable skill in general

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
Well, maybe the facebook specific part, but I'm sure there is at least a degree of transferable skill you can move to somewhere. Maybe try LinkedIn? or TikTok? Lead generation is a very valuable skill in general
Thanks. I'm now looking at Google Ads. I don't know much about it just yet, so I am learning about it. But they do have a lead form like Facebook Ads.

But still I think that it just solves the symptom of the problem and not the root problem which is that all of my revenue for a vertical would be coming from 1 platform. Thank goodness that Google doesn't have as bad as reputation like Facebook when it comes to shutting down accounts.

Have you heard of ad agencies selling more than one advertising service for one client? For example, an agency is doing FB Ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads and Tik Tok at $500 per service for one roofing contractor not including ad spend? So altogether, $2,000 retainer for all 4 services not including adspend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.