The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Simple Trick to MORE $ale$

Marketing, social media, advertising

TenMillion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 20, 2015
AN AUTOMATIC EMAIL newsletter

Here’s a trick question - do you keep in touch with all your clients on a regular basis?
For the vast majority of businesses, the answer is simply “no”. Which is strange, because almost every business knows that keeping in touch with your clients is the fastest way to generate more sales and referrals. And yet nobody does it. Why is that? Well, there are two reasons, actually. The first is most businesses feel weird about calling up their clients to solicit more business. They don’t want their clients to feel “pressured” or bothered.

So most businesses just sit and wait until their clients come through for a sale. Of course, the second reason is that keeping in touch with all your clients takes a lot of work. Take a printed newsletter, for example. Do you really want to spend hours writing the newsletter - then printing it - then addressing, stuffing, and stamping envelopes - and then mailing it out? Every single month?

For most businesses, that sounds like a nightmare. Fortunately for you, there’s an easy solution to this problem. You can keep in touch with all your clients (and past clients) without even lifting a finger. And it will leave your clients thanking you for contacting them, instead of feeling pressured or “sold”. It’s called an Automatic Email Newsletter.

While it may sound complicated, the truth is it’s probably the single easiest thing you can do to generate more sales immediately. Here’s exactly what you need to do, in three easy steps:

1) BUY A PRE-WRITTEN NEWSLETTER SYSTEM. First, find a company that offers a pre-written email newsletter system that focuses on your niche. Don’t be tempted into buying one of the hundreds of “write it yourself” email newsletter systems like ConstantContact or JangoMail. The writing ends up becoming a hassle, and you’ll eventually stop doing it.

2) ENTER YOUR CLIENTS INTO THE SYSTEM. Now that you’ve got a pre-written email newsletter, all you need to do is enter your clients’ names and email addresses into the system. If you’re missing someone’s email address, just call and ask them for it. Tell them you’re starting an email newsletter.

3) START IT UP. Now you just click “go”. And once a month the system will automatically send each of your clients an interesting little email about your niche to help serve them better. So each of your clients will get a helpful message from you every single month – month after month – without you even thinking about it. It works because you’re not asking your clients for anything. You’re not asking them to schedule an appointment. You’re not even asking them for a referral. You’re just giving them helpful information.

You’re giving them valuable information for free. And that is why they’ll thank you. And every time they get one of these little messages from you, it reminds them about you. And they naturally start buying more things from you. And they naturally start referring more of their friends to you. Why? Because you're on the top of their mind. You’ve become their local expert.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

AN AUTOMATIC EMAIL newsletter

Here’s a trick question - do you keep in touch with all your clients on a regular basis?
For the vast majority of businesses, the answer is simply “no”. Which is strange, because almost every business knows that keeping in touch with your clients is the fastest way to generate more sales and referrals. And yet nobody does it. Why is that? Well, there are two reasons, actually. The first is most businesses feel weird about calling up their clients to solicit more business. They don’t want their clients to feel “pressured” or bothered.

So most businesses just sit and wait until their clients come through for a sale. Of course, the second reason is that keeping in touch with all your clients takes a lot of work. Take a printed newsletter, for example. Do you really want to spend hours writing the newsletter - then printing it - then addressing, stuffing, and stamping envelopes - and then mailing it out? Every single month?

For most businesses, that sounds like a nightmare. Fortunately for you, there’s an easy solution to this problem. You can keep in touch with all your clients (and past clients) without even lifting a finger. And it will leave your clients thanking you for contacting them, instead of feeling pressured or “sold”. It’s called an Automatic Email Newsletter.

While it may sound complicated, the truth is it’s probably the single easiest thing you can do to generate more sales immediately. Here’s exactly what you need to do, in three easy steps:

1) BUY A PRE-WRITTEN NEWSLETTER SYSTEM. First, find a company that offers a pre-written email newsletter system that focuses on your niche. Don’t be tempted into buying one of the hundreds of “write it yourself” email newsletter systems like ConstantContact or JangoMail. The writing ends up becoming a hassle, and you’ll eventually stop doing it.

2) ENTER YOUR CLIENTS INTO THE SYSTEM. Now that you’ve got a pre-written email newsletter, all you need to do is enter your clients’ names and email addresses into the system. If you’re missing someone’s email address, just call and ask them for it. Tell them you’re starting an email newsletter.

3) START IT UP. Now you just click “go”. And once a month the system will automatically send each of your clients an interesting little email about your niche to help serve them better. So each of your clients will get a helpful message from you every single month – month after month – without you even thinking about it. It works because you’re not asking your clients for anything. You’re not asking them to schedule an appointment. You’re not even asking them for a referral. You’re just giving them helpful information.

You’re giving them valuable information for free. And that is why they’ll thank you. And every time they get one of these little messages from you, it reminds them about you. And they naturally start buying more things from you. And they naturally start referring more of their friends to you. Why? Because you're on the top of their mind. You’ve become their local expert.
Great post, and ties into customer retention well. I don't think anybody likes to feel like their business is being taken for granted. Any free or cheap exchange of value I feel is much appreciated and underutilized. TMF even suggested that even a distinction between superior customer service can differentiate you hugely. Personal example: I just closed my Wells Fargo account. I was on the phone trying to get an income-based repayment on my student loan just for the next 3 months. They had to talk with me co-signer (obviously his income justifies the current payments per month). All they had to do was give me a little leeway here (my goal is to make a million minimum by 2017 and pay the whole loan off), before I ended the call, I say "Okay, so my income doesn't matter and you just want your fixed payments from my co-signer. I'll be closing all accounts with Wells Fargo, but I'm sure you don't care." - Response from Wells Fargo "......Have a nice day. *click*"

Lessons to be learned from my example. Don't underestimate people. Don't sacrifice business based on something petty. I'd add to this even. The larger you scale one day, empower your managers that deal in sales and customer support to make more discretionary decisions. Policies seem to be written and pandered down to a micro-managed team of automatons.

TenMillion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 20, 2015
One way to do this is to hire a company that specializes in automated newsletters.

Here's one that I just googled:

https://fitpronewsletter.com/

Let's see what else you guys can come up with! Anyone recommend one?

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Nov 27, 2012
One way to do this is to hire a company that specializes in automated newsletters.

Here's one that I just googled:

https://fitpronewsletter.com/

Let's see what else you guys can come up with! Anyone recommend one?

I wonder how many companies already specialize in automated newsletters including content. It seems to me that many niche companies (real estate, plumbers, accountants, etc.) may really benefit from a service like this....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.