The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A sidewalk father and a slowlane mother

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

JoshKnutson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 15, 2021
Lets get this straight: I’m not a fastlaner by any means yet. I’m only 17 and I’ve grown up with divorced parents, one of which uses the sidewalk roadmap, and the other which adheres to the slow lane. My dad buys more things on Amazon than anyone I’ve ever seen. Always some new gadget or vitamin that he thinks will change his life. My mother, and the entire side of her family are all strict slowlaners. My mom has been frugal throughout my entire childhood, saving every last penny to put me and my two siblings through college. She is an angel, but she tells me I need to go to college and then get a good job and save. Even from a young age I always knew that wasn’t for me. I love learning, reading, developing new skills, however I’ve always had a deep hatred for school. I can’t stand sitting at a desk being talked to for 8 hours a day and learning about stuff I don’t give a shit about. But it wasn’t until I read this book that I got a clear image of what needed to be done to avoid this path. I joined this forum for ideas, inspiration, and support as I begin my fastlane journey. If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my story!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Lets get this straight: I’m not a fastlaner by any means yet. I’m only 17 and I’ve grown up with divorced parents, one of which uses the sidewalk roadmap, and the other which adheres to the slow lane. My dad buys more things on Amazon than anyone I’ve ever seen. Always some new gadget or vitamin that he thinks will change his life. My mother, and the entire side of her family are all strict slowlaners. My mom has been frugal throughout my entire childhood, saving every last penny to put me and my two siblings through college. She is an angel, but she tells me I need to go to college and then get a good job and save. Even from a young age I always knew that wasn’t for me. I love learning, reading, developing new skills, however I’ve always had a deep hatred for school. I can’t stand sitting at a desk being talked to for 8 hours a day and learning about stuff I don’t give a shit about. But it wasn’t until I read this book that I got a clear image of what needed to be done to avoid this path. I joined this forum for ideas, inspiration, and support as I begin my fastlane journey. If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my story!
Welcome aboard!

There isn't any doubt that your parents love you, but they don't know any better.

Don't be afraid of failure on the journey. Fail your way to success.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Welcome! I wish you success on your way!

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Welcome! Look, I give you advice what I did not do at time I was your age. Listen and respect your parents but do not live by their example and in any case do not follow their advice! They unconsciously can mess up your life pretty badly, the same as bad company or people who stop you growth.

You still have to respect your parents. In many cases they just do not understand life these days(my situation). My advice is to become independent as soon as possible, take bold but reasonable decisions and most important fail as much as you can! Fail forward, as it says. That is how wining is done.

Please be aware that it is my personal experience and that is how it looks from the point that I am. There is NO exactly same situation, but your story sounds quite similar. Only you can take right decision in your life, no one else will do it for you.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...