The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A "put together" workout-plan from 4 years of training

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Hello Fastlaners,

since i have some idle time i thought, i might aswell write down my workout plan i adjusted over the course of the last 4 years and which i'm executing since 1 year.

First of all: my goal is not getting super muscular or obtaining a bodybuilder physique. I just want to stay lean, build some decent muscle and be able to push and pull a good amount of weight, so my body stays functional for day-to-day operations without beeing exhausted from minor tasks.

I’m training in 2 day cycles, meaning: training - day off - training - day off - etc.

I do a ~15 min. warm-up before each workout and try to limit workout time to about 1 hour of time. I end almost every workout with core exercises and shrugs in sort of a “power-exercise”, which means - no rest.

I’m using Jeff Cavalier’s warm-up routine in combination with some deep leg stretches and have to say: it’s the best warm-up routine i’ve ever had.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT4KHtMM-A

I start every exercise with 2x10 sets with 60% and 80% of my current max weight (not one-rep max), followed by 3x7-8 or 4x5-6 repetitions (depending on how my body responds to the weights that day). If i do any other set of repetitions, i’ll state it behind the name of the exercise. I rest 45-60 seconds between sets, except for deadlifts and squats (~2min).

I also write down all current weights into a note book, to keep track of progression. Furthermore i mark the days i’ve trained on a years-calender (up on my wall), with the unit description of what i’ve trained that day.

Ok, let’s go:

--------------------

Monday - WOU1 (Workout Unit 1)

Warm-Up

“Elevated Push Up’s” - 4 x 10-12
I just stack some plates and put push up grips on it. Here’s what i’m trying to achieve
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTtV6xN9OY

Flat Bench Dumbbell Press

Low-Incline Dumbbell Press

Cable Chest Fly’s

Overhead Press / Military Press, standing

End Routine:
TYTwpdU.jpg

1x40 lower abs, 1x20 six-pack - 1x25 dumbbell shrugs
1x20-40 lower abs, 1x20 six pack - 1x25 dumbbell shrugs
2x20-30 obliques, 1x25 dumbbell shrugs
2x20 core (i like wipers), 1x25 dumbbell shrugs

Done.

Yeah, no benchpress here. It’s not activating the chest enough and i’m having a hard time with my shoulders. Feel free to mix it in if you can’t live without it.

--------------------

Wednesday - WOU2

Warm-Up

Deadlift - 1-2 min. rest intervals

T-Bar Rows

Seated Rows

Jeff Cavalier’s Shoulder Finisher - no rest
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0_lZGmo9ag

End Routine (look above)

Done.

--------------------

Friday - WOU5 - Cardio heyyyyy...

Warm-up

Lateral Pull-Up’s 30-40x - do it in your own pace but get them done

25 min. core workout - do what you like, try to hit each part of your core
Do some hanging abs exercises if you can

End core workout with plank and side plank with these intervals: 1x60 sec., 1x45 sec., 1x30 sec. (each side for the side plank obviously) - no rest

I’m then going for a 10km (around 6 1/4 miles) bike ride (stationary) with modest intensity

Done.

--------------------

Sunday - WOU3BI (Biceps)

Warm-up

Dumbbell Biceps Curls

Single-Arm Preacher Curls (all the way down, not some 90° shenanigans)

Reverse Barbell Curls

Overload Barbell Curls, heavy weight for negatives

Pull Up’s, jump up, slow on the negatives. 5-6 times

Jeff Cavalier’s “Sore in 6 forearm workout”
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej4WzltO1DA

End Routine, minus the shrugs. (I just can’t hold onto the dumbbells after the sore in 6 stuff)

Done.

--------------------

Tuesday - WOU3TRI (Triceps)

Warm-up

French-Press

Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extensions, split in 2 parts:

1. Upper range of the movement 7-8x

2. Lower range of the movement 7-8x

Close Grip Bench Press

Overhead Cable Triceps Extension

Jeff Cavalier’s “Sore in 6 forearm workout”

End Routine, minus the shrugs

Done.

--------------------

Thursday - WOU4

Squats, 1-2 min. rest

Fast Paced Box Squats (might need to reduce the initial squat weights)

Lunges / Reverse Lunges, weighted (Dumbbells, Free Weights)

Step Up’s, Block height = 90° leg angle, weighted (Dumbbells, Free Weights)

Calve Press, no weights, slow movement, 100-120x

Done.

--------------------

Saturday - WOU5 - Cardio again.

Warm-up

Lateral Pull-Up’s 30-40x - do it in your own pace, just get them done

25 min. core workout - do what you like, try to hit each part of your core
Do some hanging abs exercises if you can

End core workout with plank and side plank with these intervals: 1x60 sec., 1x45 sec., 1x30 sec. (each side for the side plank obviously) - no rest

Then i’m off for a 4km run (around 2 1/2 miles) which i attempt to do in about 30 mins

Done.

--------------------

Repeat the workout cycle.

All the credit goes to the youtube channels of Jeff Cavalier (Athlean-X), Elliott Hulse (Strenght Camp), Scott Herman (Scott Herman Fitness), Omar Isuf (OmarIsuf), Paul Chek (Paul Chek) and Clarence Kennedy (Clarence0) that provided an astonishing amount of value for free!

I tried so many workout plans and none of it really sticked with me. I was getting poor results, was to exhausted most of the time, had to take breaks every 5-6 weeks and got sick every 3-4 months. This one sticks with me a little bit over a year now and i had no need to take even a week off of it (even though i did, because vacation). I feel i can manage my energy and exhaustion levels quite well and up my weights every 2-4 weeks.

This is by no means “The perfect Workout-Plan”, it just works perfect for me and i wanted to share it. Maybe it helps.

If you got questions or recommendations, please ask / share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
yea, i love jeff's stuff. he is pretty much spot on about the exercise descriptions and what not. between him and kris gethin you are covered.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.