Piranha22
New Contributor
Getting rid of the Leeches
(Don't know if this is the right thread btw)
Ranting/Rambling ahead…
I’m sitting in front of my PC at 2 AM, surfing the web. I’ve been in this same room since noon when I woke up. I actually had classes today from 8-5, but didn’t feel like going because of a little headache. Didn’t go grocery shopping, didn’t read my book, didn’t go to the gym and I didn’t even practice playing the drums. Basically this was a completely useless day, and I’ve had many in the past few months.
Think about that. This day could’ve been erased out of my life and I wouldn’t have lost ANYTHING.
I’m so F*cking sick and tired of this. Every day I think about becoming an entrepreneur and hitting it big, I binge-watch the Shark Tank to ‘get some ideas for my next business’, at least that’s what I tell myself. Just gotta wait for that million dollar idea and then I’ll make millions, right? Meanwhile I’m falling behind with school, I don’t study because ‘I won’t need that degree anyway once I got my business up and running’. Meanwhile I’m too lazy to even go grocery-shopping.
But every day I come home from university I fall back into my lazy self. It’s like some sort of magic force holding me back from the outside world, feeding me with instant gratification as I sit here playing games and browsing and masturbating and reading all this useless shit on Reddit and watching all this crap on Youtube. Once every blue moon I go to the gym or maybe get around to reading a book, and then I pat myself on the back as if I were some sort of genius for the rest of the day.
But not tomorrow. No, not tomorrow. I will write a list of things to do for tomorrow and I will cross out every item on that list for the first time in my life. 18 years of my life, that’s 1/5 already gone and I have some mediocre school grades and some basic skills to show for it.
I always start making these huge resolutions if it’s after midnight, but when I wake up in the morning I’m back to my old self, doing jack shit all day. But if I learned anything from reading all these posts, it’s that you don’t become successful overnight. It will take a long time to get rid of all these time-wasters, these leeches, and even longer before I can start thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
I don’t know what it will take for me to get out of this trainwreck. But I will start logging my progress (if I have any) on this forum as some sort of diary. And if, by some unknown reason, someone is reading this, feel free to tear me a new one if I don’t continue these posts regularly.
So I guess we will see tomorrow if I’m still here. Wish me luck on what will hopefully be a new start for me.
-Piranha
P.S.: I hope this was at least a little coherent. Hopefully these posts will get better grammatically and stylistically as I go on with my journey.
(Don't know if this is the right thread btw)
Ranting/Rambling ahead…
I’m sitting in front of my PC at 2 AM, surfing the web. I’ve been in this same room since noon when I woke up. I actually had classes today from 8-5, but didn’t feel like going because of a little headache. Didn’t go grocery shopping, didn’t read my book, didn’t go to the gym and I didn’t even practice playing the drums. Basically this was a completely useless day, and I’ve had many in the past few months.
Think about that. This day could’ve been erased out of my life and I wouldn’t have lost ANYTHING.
I’m so F*cking sick and tired of this. Every day I think about becoming an entrepreneur and hitting it big, I binge-watch the Shark Tank to ‘get some ideas for my next business’, at least that’s what I tell myself. Just gotta wait for that million dollar idea and then I’ll make millions, right? Meanwhile I’m falling behind with school, I don’t study because ‘I won’t need that degree anyway once I got my business up and running’. Meanwhile I’m too lazy to even go grocery-shopping.
But every day I come home from university I fall back into my lazy self. It’s like some sort of magic force holding me back from the outside world, feeding me with instant gratification as I sit here playing games and browsing and masturbating and reading all this useless shit on Reddit and watching all this crap on Youtube. Once every blue moon I go to the gym or maybe get around to reading a book, and then I pat myself on the back as if I were some sort of genius for the rest of the day.
But not tomorrow. No, not tomorrow. I will write a list of things to do for tomorrow and I will cross out every item on that list for the first time in my life. 18 years of my life, that’s 1/5 already gone and I have some mediocre school grades and some basic skills to show for it.
I always start making these huge resolutions if it’s after midnight, but when I wake up in the morning I’m back to my old self, doing jack shit all day. But if I learned anything from reading all these posts, it’s that you don’t become successful overnight. It will take a long time to get rid of all these time-wasters, these leeches, and even longer before I can start thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
I don’t know what it will take for me to get out of this trainwreck. But I will start logging my progress (if I have any) on this forum as some sort of diary. And if, by some unknown reason, someone is reading this, feel free to tear me a new one if I don’t continue these posts regularly.
So I guess we will see tomorrow if I’m still here. Wish me luck on what will hopefully be a new start for me.
-Piranha
P.S.: I hope this was at least a little coherent. Hopefully these posts will get better grammatically and stylistically as I go on with my journey.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
