Hey guys.
So first off, I've been hiding on this forum for a few weeks since reading TMF and i think it's finally time to introduce myself.
All i can say is that TMF reinforced my own personal vision and answered a lot of questions i had doubts over.
I've been avidly trying to find my 'purpose in life'...
I sailed through college/university into a great and high paying career. I bought a house at a young age whilst everyone i knew was spunking their money on other things. I've travelled to more places than most people have and to the most luxurious of resorts... but from day one i was never a fan of the rat race.
I'd been questioning things for a long while and it wasn't until i had a sudden hiccup in my career, that i decided to take action. Failing a simple (but draining) assessment 3 times (despite putting 100% effort in every time) was the biggest message I could have ever received. I'm not religious in any sense, but i truly believe in things 'happening for a reason' despite what others think... whether that is from the 'higher powers' or due to ones subconscious activity, i'll never know, but i'm thankful it happened.
Failing those assessments was not easy for me.
After the first time, I fell into depression but tried and tried again with no success and decided it was time to take action. (I won't go into why i quit trying again, but it's absolutely not because i'm a quitter).
I figured that i would never get the life i wanted by sticking to that current career anyway. So i bought books, i researched vigorously on the meaning of life and tried to work it all out. I came across 'Mans Search for Meaning', which I finished in January this year, and that really was the catalyst for change.
Since then, I've read around 16 books (more then i had in my entire life)... But i still hadn't figured it out.
I told myself to keep going. Keep reading, keep listening to podcasts, start talking to inspirational people and eventually the time would come.
And it did.
Fast forward 10 months from failing my first assessment, here i am and i know exactly what and i want in life and exactly how i'm going to get it. (As Napoleon Hill puts it, I've found my; 'Definiteness of Purpose'.)
I have to give a lot of thanks to TMF for putting the icing on the cake and introducing the idea of getting out of the slow lane.
My long term goal is to build a successful business and retire by the time i'm 35yrs old... 9yrs from now. I've started my journey to build enough cash so i can quit the job that pays my mortgage and make my fast lane business idea my sole focus. The short term journey is a web design business.
By the end of 2022 I hope to have saved around £100k to enable me to quit and be solely focusing on my 'ONE' thing, that's going to get me where i want to be in 9yrs time.
Fingers crossed - I could write so much more but i hope this covers the most of it.
Thanks for reading if you got this far and if anyone's on a similar journey then please hit me up.
So first off, I've been hiding on this forum for a few weeks since reading TMF and i think it's finally time to introduce myself.
All i can say is that TMF reinforced my own personal vision and answered a lot of questions i had doubts over.
I've been avidly trying to find my 'purpose in life'...
I sailed through college/university into a great and high paying career. I bought a house at a young age whilst everyone i knew was spunking their money on other things. I've travelled to more places than most people have and to the most luxurious of resorts... but from day one i was never a fan of the rat race.
I'd been questioning things for a long while and it wasn't until i had a sudden hiccup in my career, that i decided to take action. Failing a simple (but draining) assessment 3 times (despite putting 100% effort in every time) was the biggest message I could have ever received. I'm not religious in any sense, but i truly believe in things 'happening for a reason' despite what others think... whether that is from the 'higher powers' or due to ones subconscious activity, i'll never know, but i'm thankful it happened.
Failing those assessments was not easy for me.
After the first time, I fell into depression but tried and tried again with no success and decided it was time to take action. (I won't go into why i quit trying again, but it's absolutely not because i'm a quitter).
I figured that i would never get the life i wanted by sticking to that current career anyway. So i bought books, i researched vigorously on the meaning of life and tried to work it all out. I came across 'Mans Search for Meaning', which I finished in January this year, and that really was the catalyst for change.
Since then, I've read around 16 books (more then i had in my entire life)... But i still hadn't figured it out.
I told myself to keep going. Keep reading, keep listening to podcasts, start talking to inspirational people and eventually the time would come.
And it did.
Fast forward 10 months from failing my first assessment, here i am and i know exactly what and i want in life and exactly how i'm going to get it. (As Napoleon Hill puts it, I've found my; 'Definiteness of Purpose'.)
I have to give a lot of thanks to TMF for putting the icing on the cake and introducing the idea of getting out of the slow lane.
My long term goal is to build a successful business and retire by the time i'm 35yrs old... 9yrs from now. I've started my journey to build enough cash so i can quit the job that pays my mortgage and make my fast lane business idea my sole focus. The short term journey is a web design business.
By the end of 2022 I hope to have saved around £100k to enable me to quit and be solely focusing on my 'ONE' thing, that's going to get me where i want to be in 9yrs time.
Fingers crossed - I could write so much more but i hope this covers the most of it.
Thanks for reading if you got this far and if anyone's on a similar journey then please hit me up.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
