The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A long awaited Introduction

OwenD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 25, 2020
united Kingdom
Hey guys.

So first off, I've been hiding on this forum for a few weeks since reading TMF and i think it's finally time to introduce myself.

All i can say is that TMF reinforced my own personal vision and answered a lot of questions i had doubts over.

I've been avidly trying to find my 'purpose in life'...

I sailed through college/university into a great and high paying career. I bought a house at a young age whilst everyone i knew was spunking their money on other things. I've travelled to more places than most people have and to the most luxurious of resorts... but from day one i was never a fan of the rat race.

I'd been questioning things for a long while and it wasn't until i had a sudden hiccup in my career, that i decided to take action. Failing a simple (but draining) assessment 3 times (despite putting 100% effort in every time) was the biggest message I could have ever received. I'm not religious in any sense, but i truly believe in things 'happening for a reason' despite what others think... whether that is from the 'higher powers' or due to ones subconscious activity, i'll never know, but i'm thankful it happened.

Failing those assessments was not easy for me.

After the first time, I fell into depression but tried and tried again with no success and decided it was time to take action. (I won't go into why i quit trying again, but it's absolutely not because i'm a quitter).

I figured that i would never get the life i wanted by sticking to that current career anyway. So i bought books, i researched vigorously on the meaning of life and tried to work it all out. I came across 'Mans Search for Meaning', which I finished in January this year, and that really was the catalyst for change.

Since then, I've read around 16 books (more then i had in my entire life)... But i still hadn't figured it out.

I told myself to keep going. Keep reading, keep listening to podcasts, start talking to inspirational people and eventually the time would come.

And it did.

Fast forward 10 months from failing my first assessment, here i am and i know exactly what and i want in life and exactly how i'm going to get it. (As Napoleon Hill puts it, I've found my; 'Definiteness of Purpose'.)

I have to give a lot of thanks to TMF for putting the icing on the cake and introducing the idea of getting out of the slow lane.

My long term goal is to build a successful business and retire by the time i'm 35yrs old... 9yrs from now. I've started my journey to build enough cash so i can quit the job that pays my mortgage and make my fast lane business idea my sole focus. The short term journey is a web design business.

By the end of 2022 I hope to have saved around £100k to enable me to quit and be solely focusing on my 'ONE' thing, that's going to get me where i want to be in 9yrs time.

Fingers crossed - I could write so much more but i hope this covers the most of it.

Thanks for reading if you got this far and if anyone's on a similar journey then please hit me up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
This is awesome, and your doing great!

Welcome to the forum!
Two peaces of advice...
1.) I have more or less the same aspiration. And yet I had failed to implement on all the reading I was doing. Big mistake! Try to implement as soon as you figure something out.
2.) Try not to fall into the trap of all the sleazy marketers. That was another mistake I had fallen prey to.

And I just want to recommend the book "Linchpin"! It is a great book. It could be pivotal!

Goodluck!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My long term goal is to build a successful business and retire by the time i'm 35yrs old... 9yrs from now.

Very doable, sounds like you already have the tools, just need to refocus them into a better yielding system.

Thanks for the intro and welcome!

OwenD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 25, 2020
united Kingdom
This is awesome, and your doing great!

Welcome to the forum!
Two peaces of advice...
1.) I have more or less the same aspiration. And yet I had failed to implement on all the reading I was doing. Big mistake! Try to implement as soon as you figure something out.
2.) Try not to fall into the trap of all the sleazy marketers. That was another mistake I had fallen prey to.

And I just want to recommend the book "Linchpin"! It is a great book. It could be pivotal!

Goodluck!

Thanks for the recommendation. Hope it works out for you too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...