The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Lone Star State Howdy

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Howdy from the Lone Star State!

I have surfed this board for a few years and completed The Millionaire Fastlane for the first time a couple of years ago. I consider it as influential in my later life as Think And Grow Rich, Lead The Field, The Psychology of Winning, and Positioning were when I was in high school and college.

Most of my professional life has been spent as a high functioning Slowlaner in the media and marketing spaces. I started in radio in high school working behind a microphone eventually moving into the management of broadcast, print, and direct marketing properties. It’s not been the Sidewalk, it just hasn’t been great. And great was what I began to plan for when I was a kid running my lawn business, hauling hay, and working in radio. My early goal was to work my way onto the major media playing field, learn the business, and eventually build my own empire by owning radio and direct marketing businesses and later building a franchise. I accomplished part of it by learning the business working for the likes of ABC and Gannett. I made money, partied like a rock star, and learned how to sell and run a business. Life happened and I started a family. Still, the most important part of my goal has been left undone. With the exception of a direct marketing side business, I’ve been a willing cog in a machine churning out a dream that wasn’t mine.

It’s way too easy to glide down the Slowlane thinking you are getting somewhere. Just enough of everything to keep you comfortably numb. (Ok, I’m a Pink Floyd fan) However, it’s never too late to adjust course and break out of the gilded cage. A year and a half ago I began to plot my new journey. I left the corporate world a few months back and I am in the process of launching a business I plan to sculpt into a fastlane franchise system. I am also working with a partner on a concept we plan to launch in Latin America.

Most of my friends think I’m a bit nuts and just want to be a wide-eyed kid that thinks all things are possible again. They are right. They can have their Harley to make them feel free. I on the other hand want to BE FREE. I have the family and the fitness. Now I wish to pursue freedom and finally have real wealth in all areas of my life. My family is on board and more importantly, I’m all in.

I’m grateful to all who have contributed to this forum. Thanks to MJ for an encouraging manifesto. A special thanks to the younger members of the community who give me great hope for the future. I have learned a lot and have been inspired here. I will contribute where I can.

“Security is overrated. Freedom i underappreciated.â€

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Howdy from the Lone Star State!

I have surfed this board for a few years and completed The Millionaire Fastlane for the first time a couple of years ago. I consider it as influential in my later life as Think And Grow Rich, Lead The Field, The Psychology of Winning, and Positioning were when I was in high school and college.

Most of my professional life has been spent as a high functioning Slowlaner in the media and marketing spaces. I started in radio in high school working behind a microphone eventually moving into the management of broadcast, print, and direct marketing properties. It’s not been the Sidewalk, it just hasn’t been great. And great was what I began to plan for when I was a kid running my lawn business, hauling hay, and working in radio. My early goal was to work my way onto the major media playing field, learn the business, and eventually build my own empire by owning radio and direct marketing businesses and later building a franchise. I accomplished part of it by learning the business working for the likes of ABC and Gannett. I made money, partied like a rock star, and learned how to sell and run a business. Life happened and I started a family. Still, the most important part of my goal has been left undone. With the exception of a direct marketing side business, I’ve been a willing cog in a machine churning out a dream that wasn’t mine.

It’s way too easy to glide down the Slowlane thinking you are getting somewhere. Just enough of everything to keep you comfortably numb. (Ok, I’m a Pink Floyd fan) However, it’s never too late to adjust course and break out of the gilded cage. A year and a half ago I began to plot my new journey. I left the corporate world a few months back and I am in the process of launching a business I plan to sculpt into a fastlane franchise system. I am also working with a partner on a concept we plan to launch in Latin America.

Most of my friends think I’m a bit nuts and just want to be a wide-eyed kid that thinks all things are possible again. They are right. They can have their Harley to make them feel free. I on the other hand want to BE FREE. I have the family and the fitness. Now I wish to pursue freedom and finally have real wealth in all areas of my life. My family is on board and more importantly, I’m all in.

I’m grateful to all who have contributed to this forum. Thanks to MJ for an encouraging manifesto. A special thanks to the younger members of the community who give me great hope for the future. I have learned a lot and have been inspired here. I will contribute where I can.

“Security is overrated. Freedom is underappreciated.”

Welcome to the Fastlane neighbor. Hope your plans work out for you.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Most of my friends think I’m a bit nuts and just want to be a wide-eyed kid that thinks all things are possible again. They are right.

Speed++ for this and welcome to the forum. Best of luck on your path to fastlane.

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.