The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A forum hustle favorite, Upwork goes public. A buy?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Upwork goes public tomorrow, UPWK, initially priced at $15 a share.

Upwork prices IPO at $15 a share

If you make your living via Upwork, that could only mean one thing...

Look for the higher pricing, less value squeeze to start at some point as the urgent need to meet analyst earnings expectations will ensue...

As for if it is a buy ... not sure, but it's helluva more of a buy than Snap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Upwork goes public tomorrow, UPWK, initially priced at $15 a share.

Upwork prices IPO at $15 a share

If you make your living via Upwork, that could only mean one thing...

Look for the higher pricing, less value squeeze to start at some point as the urgent need to meet analyst earnings expectations will ensue...

As for if it is a buy ... not sure, but it's helluva more of a buy than Snap.
I already felt the squeeze months ago.

They locked me once, setting my profile to private for the reason that my account was 'inactive', and technically I wasn't earning them any money.

And I was STILL working for a client in a long-term contract that just got payments at the end after a stretch. Still exchanging regular communications and documents. Not even in a 'dry season'.
I appealed and thankfully got it back reset.

But it really reminded me of the Commandment of control. One of the major reasons why I am working on going outside the platform for gigs.

Last edited:

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely going to look for alternatives just in case some big changes are coming.

I have personally used Upwork for ALL the work in my company when it comes to website development, frontend + backend, integrations, graphic design, logo design, consulting in terms of structuring my backend, customer support, translation of legal documents etc. - you name it.

I believe changes such as taking a bigger portion of payments from freelancers could cause a negative effect in quality of work as they want more done in less time and thus I would stand with a worse product for the same money at the end of the day.

Have anyone here had developers hired versus using Upwork for all their development?
I'm a bit curious to as if it has big advantages in terms of getting things done faster and more effectively?

Either way, my expectations for Upwork will be lower over the next period of time..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.