• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

A forum hustle favorite, Upwork goes public. A buy?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,655
    Admin Post
    Upwork goes public tomorrow, UPWK, initially priced at $15 a share.

Upwork prices IPO at $15 a share

If you make your living via Upwork, that could only mean one thing...

Look for the higher pricing, less value squeeze to start at some point as the urgent need to meet analyst earnings expectations will ensue...

As for if it is a buy ... not sure, but it's helluva more of a buy than Snap.

Scot, SYK, The Racing Driver and 9 others like this.
  2. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,043
    I already felt the squeeze months ago.

They locked me once, setting my profile to private for the reason that my account was 'inactive', and technically I wasn't earning them any money.

And I was STILL working for a client in a long-term contract that just got payments at the end after a stretch. Still exchanging regular communications and documents. Not even in a 'dry season'.
    I appealed and thankfully got it back reset.

But it really reminded me of the Commandment of control. One of the major reasons why I am working on going outside the platform for gigs.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Lex DeVille and Andy Black like this.
  3. cy-

cy- Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $804
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely going to look for alternatives just in case some big changes are coming.

I have personally used Upwork for ALL the work in my company when it comes to website development, frontend + backend, integrations, graphic design, logo design, consulting in terms of structuring my backend, customer support, translation of legal documents etc. - you name it.

I believe changes such as taking a bigger portion of payments from freelancers could cause a negative effect in quality of work as they want more done in less time and thus I would stand with a worse product for the same money at the end of the day.

Have anyone here had developers hired versus using Upwork for all their development?
    I'm a bit curious to as if it has big advantages in terms of getting things done faster and more effectively?

Either way, my expectations for Upwork will be lower over the next period of time..

ZF Lee likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.