The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

recycledmars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 7, 2017
Philippines
Hello everyone,

MY LIFE IN THE RAT RACE

I'm Mars, 31 years old, born and raised in a slum area in the Philippines. My early life had been so hard financially
but in spite of that, I still managed to get a college degree by working my a$$ off while studying.
Like every other Filipinos, after graduation, all I dreamed was to have a nice paying decent job that fits my degree.
And yes my wish was granted, I'm now working in an american company here in my country and the pay is above the
usual rate my peers are getting from their respective jobs. I was so happy with my job, it progressed well. But as
soon as I became married, I realized I can't send my kids to a decent school with my income. That's the point when
I decided to look for other alternatives to augment my income. I read financial literacy books and it became the
foundation of my quest to financial freedom but I still feel every book I read is lacking something that I don't
understand. When in search of that "something" I stumbled upon TMF book from MJ and it blew me away.

MY LIFE AFTER READING TMF
I've been lurking in this forum after I've read TMF for more than a year now because I felt shy to interact with members here maybe because I felt inferior to you guys. But with that span of time, the principles written in TMF has helped me conceptualize a small business idea and most importantly execute it to give me a small passive income while still working an 8-hour job. To me, it was a sort of an application of the book. I just didn't care what's the outcome of that little venture. I was just contented with the fact that I pushed myself to execute the idea and it happened.

What drove me to join the forum is the realization that I need help (especially from you guys here) with my new idea of a product that I think has the potential to sell in my country. This idea has been in my head for quite a while now and I'm now ready to learn every piece of advice I may get from you here in the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

recycledmars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 7, 2017
Philippines
Hey bro, I'm a filipino as well. If you have facebook account I created a small group name "pinoy fastlaners". There, we discuss anything about entrepreneurship, motivation, and most of all we became close friends. By the way thanks for sharing your story.
Bro, I'm happy to know a fellow filipino in this group. I already sent a request on your fb group. Thanks.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Welcome to the forum, I think you have more opportunity than you know. That country has been growing and is slated to grow. Ride the wave.

recycledmars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 7, 2017
Philippines
Welcome to the forum, I think you have more opportunity than you know. That country has been growing and is slated to grow. Ride the wave.
I'm hopeful of that and it means a lot of hardwork for me to do. Thanks man.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
I understand the sentiment but you should never feel inferior to anyone. How you think about yourself and how you talk to your own self gets sensed in your interaction with others. It then gives others kind of implicit permission to treat you the same as what you think about yourself. Everyone has weaknesses and strengths, you focus on your strengths and overcome your weaknesses.

All the best with your venture and a warm welcome to the forum. If you need any help with anything related to freelancing, feel free to hit me up.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I personally know so many that have come from the slums to make it big. They were always learning and growing.

Here are some stories from your country. Your biggest battle is fighting the cynicism.

5 “Rags to Riches” Filipino Entrepreneurs that can Serve as Your Inspiration | Peter PanDeSal

http://www.topten.ph/2014/08/30/top-10-best-rags-riches-pinoy-stories/

recycledmars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 7, 2017
Philippines
I understand the sentiment but you should never feel inferior to anyone. How you think about yourself and how you talk to your own self gets sensed in your interaction with others. It then gives others kind of implicit permission to treat you the same as what you think about yourself. Everyone has weaknesses and strengths, you focus on your strengths and overcome your weaknesses.

All the best with your venture and a warm welcome to the forum. If you need any help with anything related to freelancing, feel free to hit me up.
That's a solid piece of advice right there. Thanks Sadik...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...