The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Day In The Life Of You

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Day in the life:

2:00 pm:
-wake up
-grab some breakfast
-check internet boards and e-mails

3:00 pm:
-load up the tables and get a session of poker in.

5:00 pm:
-internet boards and e-mails
-make any calls i need to make on anything(properties, etc...)

6:00 pm:
-lunch
-chill out for bit
-maybe watch a basketball game or something

8:00 pm:
-load up the tables and get a poker session in.

9:30 pm:
-snack

10:00 pm:
-gym

12:00 am:
-shower
-snack
-internet board/e-mails

1:00 am:
-poker session

4:00 am:
-dinner
-hand review session to go over hands i think i misplayed and/or could have gained value from/minimized losses on using different lines
-e-mails/internet boards
-watch sportscenter

6:00 am:
-bed:sleep:

(note: internet boards is often for poker strategy and/or game conditions, recent legislation, changes in something poker related so i'm not really as lazy as i sound:thumbsup:)

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
yankees,

I've checked out a bunch of your posts. You are 16, and seem to have the right start for having a good mindset to want to get started. It seems that you are jumping around to a lot of different ideas trying to find one you can get going to build some capital to enable you to do things you want to do. seems very similar to me as i was growing up. obviously at 16 most people aren't sitting on much, if any money to play with. imo, to build some capital up i think you should try poker. i believe learning poker and learning to play profitably is one of the fastest ways in the world to build capital from very little. i'm not just saying it because it's my profession either. i've looked at a lot of different businesses/ways to build capital, and i think it's one of the fastest ways to build capital starting with close to nothing. you can start with $100 and have pretty much an infinite return. i definitely wouldn't suggest it if you didn't like to play though, because you won't improve like you should if you don't enjoy it.(saw poker was a hobby of yours though:thumbsup:) it's one of the things i rarely/and actually never see talked about for starting out to build wealth because most people assume you can only build wealth by ways people read in get rich books: real estate, stock market, etc.... there's a lot of things people don't think about because they don't hear about them. if i had heard of web businesses years ago like what MJ does I probably would have tried to go that route as well.(and may still) I didn't know anything about things like that though because I never read about it, so I didn't really know people could make money doing things like that. same with poker. 99%+ of people don't understand that you can actually study with poker, and create a huge edge for yourself against your opponents. Once you get to that point you are able to build money as much as you want to put the time in. If I was 16, and in your shoes, I would learn to play poker.(and I'm definitely not just recommending it because I'm biased)
Thanks for the advice! I actually just lost $20 yesterday in a tourney with my friends -- luckily I cut my losses and sat out the second one. Anyway, I appreciate the thought you put into that post as well as the advice, but I believe my focus will be geared towards a business I'll be starting with my friend next summer (explained here). I definitely understand what you're saying, though. Focus seems to be a pretty big problem of mine; well, lack there of. I think it's because I get excited too easily (luckily that doesn't cause me to piss all over my kitchen floor like my dog would have when she was a puppy). In the meantime, I guess I'll be working on gaining knowledge for the future. I'm pretty set on real estate investing at some point in my future, so I think it's safe to continue down that path. Again, thanks for the advise. I prefer to just keep it as a hobby, though.

Shawn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2007
11am - wake up, eat

11am-2pm - work online, reply to emails, check stats

2pm-3pm - stop by other biz and see how everything is, eat

3pm-4pm run errands

4pm-6pm - spend time with wife, go out to eat and/or drive lambo:banana:

6pm-8pm - work more

8pm-12am - watch movies and relax, eat

12am-2am - work more, check stats, site updates, server work

2am - bed time

My schedule usually changes when I'm launching a new business or if I'm in my workout/gym phase.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
6:30-7:30 AM - wake up, eat breakfast, shower
7:30-7:45 AM - drive to school
7:45-8:00 AM - chit chat with friends
8:00-2:30 PM - school
2:30-2:45 PM - drive home
2:45-3:00 PM - eat
3:00-4:00 PM - relax, watch TV
4:00-6:30 PM - work out
6:30-8:30 PM - check e-mail, go to forums (Fast Lane and Talk Lambo)
8:30-9:00 PM - dinner
9:00-10:40 PM - watch TV, update my website, read stuff on business, stocks, RE
10:40 and so on - personal hygiene, sleep

That's my daily routine during school days.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Today: Got up at 7 am; personal hygene & breakfast
7:30 stop by my business for our weekly sales meeting, try to influence employees in a positive way.
8:30 meeting over work for about 2 hours on some paperwork from property management company.
10:30 left office, drove to the city to attend a meeting of a group I am considering joining.
11:30 meeting over, approached by several people to recruit me, stayed additional 15 min.
11:45 head home for a break.
12:20 arrive home let my dogs out and defrost the roast for dinner party tonight
2:00 PM seasoned roast & put into oven for dinner.
2:30 trip by office to check on direction of order I had put in this morning.
4:00 went home to change for grandson's soccor game
5:00 soccor practise
6:15 go home to get ready for dinner party
7:00 serve dinner
8:30 guests gone settle down for some time on internet & email.

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
Personal Hygiene - forgot that one? Been there (quite often)...

Does anyone here ever get so into what you're doing you don't feel like getting up to make food or take a shower all day? Happens to me more than I'll admit..

On a side note - my hats off to all you doers. Especially those of you with children. I look at how busy some of your schedules are and it inspires me.. :eusa_clap: Great to know I'm now alone with my crazy schedule...

Michael

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Snowbank,
I agree with the poker idea. I remember reading about a player on the 2+2 forums. He used poker money to start investing in properties. I believe back in December he stated he had just purchased his 5th multi-unit property and 7th property overall. (maybe it was you..dunno) I think he was 24 or 25. If your prepared and understand the game, its no different then chess.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
8Am wake up. I do the essentials, I don't need to get into detail :smxB:.
9am-1pm school/classes.
1pm-5pm work. At work, I try to catch up on current events (read bloomberg, read the times, the economist, etc.)
5pm-7pm homework/learning/internet
8-pm10pm gym
10pm-12am more homework/learning/internet.

and I do it again :boxing_smiley:.

Days vary for me. Fridays are different, so are Mondays and Wednesdays. Also, Saturdays and Sundays...

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
bilgefisher,

ya, I know who you're talking about. he was actually putting down 50% on properties to breakeven in the beginning because he made so much during the poker boom.

what games do you play?

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I have a little different perspective on original post "A Day In The Life..."

One of the smartest things I did was to go through Dan Sullivan's Strategic Coach 3-year program. He advocates looking at "days" in terms of 24 hour time period.

If you have a day off - you do not work. If you are doing a highly focused activity (what he calls a Focus Day), you do only those tasks that are the highest leveraged. Everything else falls into a Buffer Day. Most people have their days degenerate into Buffer Days - just taking care of admin functions and putting out fires. They don't rejuvenate with Free Days and they don't become creators in their own lives with Focus Days. (rule of thumb is that you can spend 20% of your work day in buffer activities on a focus day)

So...in normal times, my week looks like: M - Buffer Day, T & Thurs - Focus Days, W - Buffer, but specifically for appts. F, S, Sun Free Days. Again, in normal times, I also take at least one week off every 2 months or so and twice a year go somewhere (typically internationally) for 3-4 weeks.

The past 6 months haven't been normal. I've had a lot of change in my businesses - closed one business, restarted on other, bought one partner out of 2 companies and another partner bought me out of a company. So, my days have degenerated into all Buffer Days until I get the systems working well again.

I'm on track to finish that up by the 15th and then am heading to our San Diego house for a couple of weeks off!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
530am up for the day.
545am wake up first child get ready put on bus by 610am
615-620 wake up other child get ready put on bus by 650am
7am wake dh get him up and going. jump online to see whats happened while ive slept lol.
9am-1pm variety of things. read online gather books or info i need for whatever i happen to be doing at the time. if i stayed up really really late reading this is when i recoup some missing hours of sleep. (maybe 1-2days a week im a total insominac)
1-2pm eat, clean up a bit and prepare for the kids to come home snacks activities ect...
between 10of and 10after 2 ds comes home give him snacks talk about his day go over his folder from school.

250pm dd comes home. same thing as with ds. snacks talk folders...
3-4pm homework/chatting online/staying buzy.
5pm start figuring out dinner if i havent started something already.
after (or during we have picnics in the lr)dinner we usually watch a movie.
7pm baths teeth brushed kids ready for bed.
730-830 kids in bed. depends on how tired they are how many books we read ect.
9pm-3am(sometimes i go till 9am the next day instead of sleeping rarley i have to stay up the entire day anyway which sucks!) reading e-books or reg books, posting, researching different things online

after this january most of (id say 75%)my 9am-1pm time and my after 9pm time will be trading.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.