The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A.D.A. compatible housing?

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
My wife and I have found a property that is partially wheelchair accesible. Has anybody ever thought of using section 8 with A.D.A. (Americans with Disibilities Act) modifications to find tenants or using it as a rental point going through government agencies?
Just a brainstorm we had. Seems like it coud be a niche market. The idea is to hopefully have a waiting list for tenants needing that kind of housing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey RC. Good to see you're still going at it. Last fall I bought a property and asked some rehab questions around here. Diane Kennedy said something about having the feds helping out with 50% of construction costs to make a structure ADA compliant. I didn't follow through with it. You may want to contact her about making yours compliant. Good luck, sounds like you may have a great idea.:thumbsup:

Greg

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I had a contract in a house that was just like that. It was used as a nursing home and by that they were pulling thousands in positive cashflow. But this was a business, and I was not interested in running that business, so I let that one go. I did find that very interesting.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Section 8, social security benefits, your neighborhood blue collar worker with a kid with a disability. What are theie choices for housing?
This is a brainstorm that I think may have a long term benefit to society as well as investors.

BTW my wife teaches Special Ed kids and has a passion for it.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I thought sec 8 housing was low income, where as ADA folks can get disability (s.s.)checks from the government which is unrelated to the sec. 8

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Quick update...

Went to look at the house. 3br 2 ba 2car garage Needs at least 10k in foundation and total make over. Repo asking 44.9k ARV based on comps from the neighborhood are around 77k. Average time on market 88 days in that area.

Emailed Dallas Housing Authority to find out if there is a need for this type of housing

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey RC what was the answer from Dallas Housing Authority?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
OK, you know I understand. I am burning all of my personal days I can before leaving. I have 8 more working days.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.