I came across this while going through some old college stuff and I thought some of the parents here might enjoy it. There was no copyright info on the paper, so if you own it, please claim it and advise whether or not you want it taken down. My intent is not to rip off, but to share your quality work whoever you are.
1. My hands are small. Please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short, please slow down so I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have. Please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for such a short time. Please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender. Please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift. Please treasure me, hold me accountable for my decisions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement and praise to grow. Please go easy on the criticism. Remember, you can criticize things I do without criticizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I'll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don't do things for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expectations. I know it is hard, but please don't compare me with my brother or my sister.
9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, its a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please set a good example for me to follow.
I found some of these great reminders. I hope you enjoy them as well.
1. My hands are small. Please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short, please slow down so I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have. Please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for such a short time. Please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender. Please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift. Please treasure me, hold me accountable for my decisions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement and praise to grow. Please go easy on the criticism. Remember, you can criticize things I do without criticizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I'll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don't do things for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expectations. I know it is hard, but please don't compare me with my brother or my sister.
9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, its a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please set a good example for me to follow.
I found some of these great reminders. I hope you enjoy them as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
