The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Car Story

G

GuestUser8117

Lots of wisdom here. Personally I wouldn't buy something that attracts to much attention, like a lamborghini or a ferrari. Sure I dream of owning one but it must suck with all the people yelling and staring at you. Maybe an Aston Martin be more appropriate. Mj said it's like being famous...As for me I'm allergic to fame.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm glad this thread was resurrected or I never would have seen it. It's techniques like this that I try and make my thought process when making purchases. I used to be a really stupid impulse shopper. In some ways I still am, but I have gotten a lot better as I try and embrace the fastlane lifestyle.

The absolute best advice I read on spending money was in TMF where MJ makes the pack of gum analogy: If you think you can afford it, you can't.

Maybe an Aston Martin be more appropriate.

Nothing says subtle like an Aston Martin. ;)

There was an article (on Secret Entourage... maybe?) that said Aston Martins are the best supercar to have as a DD. Lamborghinis and Ferraris are supposed to be pretty hard on your back.

zoborg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 20, 2013
Just read this - great post, it's often our ego which drives us (what will people think about us) which is screwed as its very short lived (once your friends see your car are jealous with envy and think your now a knob) you get short lived glow... But the. Your back to reality...things are just things after all..

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
So it is not only me. Several years back i wanted to have one of those cars too. Then i bought my first brand new car. I noticed the depreciation is huge. I then started to question the reasons to buy a new car. Now i can afford a Porsche, well not 911, but Cayman S - used is about 27-28 k euro. But do i want it? - not so sure - it is not practical, i can't ride with wife and kid with 150 mph in it - this is stupid.
And it is money that need to be earned.
Now the most important thing for me is never to have to go back to working in an office. I am not fastlane at all, but i am kind of freelancing and i have the freedom to work from every location in the world and as i am smart i don't need the whole day to complete my stuff.
So if i you ask me - i prefer freedom and less stress and not spending 30k euro would give me some additional funds if things go bad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
Well, if I would be the last guy on Earth...I would still go for something that can DRIVE. Showing up, for me personally, is weird. I don't know how to act - as I drive 7th gen Celica in coal blue (dark blue) in the night people are really staring. I just like to drive - behind the wheel is like the most natural place You could ever be. The only better thing to do behind the wheel is to drive along with a friend in a second car - it's just like an adventure coming :) No need to show off - just for the sake of interacting together.

Still, I figured some time ago that the reason I want to make money big time is simple - I want to afford all those wild and crazy things I want to do for my woman. Really, You can't put a price on a smile of the person You love. Thanks God - You can make it for free (using creativity) as well :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.