The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Audi R8 for a business car! :)

Are you including costs of good in your calculation? It is probably included in the revenue amount (just the word "revenue" threw me off)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Audi R8 for a business car! :)

Are you including costs of good in your calculation? It is probably included in the revenue amount (just the word "revenue" threw me off)

BIB back into business money. We also have alot netted over the past months for this. ;)

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
4 years I've been trying to free myself from the rat race.

And today that day has finally arrived. >> Freedom Clock

I did it :)

AJTcnMI.gif

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Congratulations @Vick! Now it's time to crush it as a 100% free man.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Its true... Dreams do come true with hard work and persistence.

Opening relaunch sales since Friday night... $11,243

Crazy. Hard to believe sometimes.

Here's some shots of our new inventory. And orders from Friday night till now, some are missing, got tired of packing. Need a drink :)

inventory02.jpg inventory03.jpg inventory01.jpg inventory04.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
4 years I've been trying to free myself from the rat race.

And today that day has finally arrived. >> Freedom Clock

I did it :)

AJTcnMI.gif

I love this post. This post embodies the entire reason this forum exists. Well done, my friend. Well done. Keep going.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
So opening relaunch sales were over 11k...Let's take a look back:

I did it! Finally breached 2k in sales in 1 day :) awesome sauce
I'm betting its due to xmas rush. But whatever, a sale is a sale.
1 of the orders was for 4 pairs. Crazy.
Next goal is 3k in 1 day.

Hmmmm. Blew past that one from December.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Vick...

I salute you.

Now that you can fully focus on your business, even bigger things are coming your way.

Beautiful.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Huge congrats to you @Vick

Must be an amazing feeling to leave your job and starting with a huge day. Now that you hit 11k in one day, what is your next target? 20k?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Opening relaunch sales since Friday night... $11,243

*** 50 pages GOLD thread? TL;DR
*** Is this Fastlane?
*** Can you show me the EXACT post where I can do this by next week? I'd like to make that too.
*** Not sure what to get out of the Inside, this thread is 50 pages and is a long process that I can't repeat. Please show me EXACTLY how without the 50 pages, without the mistakes, without the challenges, and without the trial-and-error.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats on quitting the job, that's about as huge as the $11K relaunch.

That said, just wanted to offer a suggestion.

I visited your website and it looks great.

The only thing I found missing was a STORY that people can consume and be apart of. Perhaps something a bit more intense than just an ABOUT US page, but an EVOLUTION page, or HOW 8 CAME TO BE, or something. Narratives are powerful sales tools and people love to be apart of something, no matter how insignificant you might think it is. Please tell us a story about how 8 came to be, even if that story is simply "I couldn't find any eyewear that reflected my personality and was X, Y, and Z." I think this can help your brand build, and also put a face behind it as well.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
*** 50 pages GOLD thread? TL;DR
*** Is this Fastlane?
*** Can you show me the EXACT post where I can do this by next week? I'd like to make that too.
*** Not sure what to get out of the Inside, this thread is 50 pages and is a long process that I can't repeat. Please show me EXACTLY how without the 50 pages, without the mistakes, without the challenges, and without the trial-and-error.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats on quitting the job, that's about as huge as the $11K relaunch.

That said, just wanted to offer a suggestion.

I visited your website and it looks great.

The only thing I found missing was a STORY that people can consume and be apart of. Perhaps something a bit more intense than just an ABOUT US page, but an EVOLUTION page, or HOW 8 CAME TO BE, or something. Narratives are powerful sales tools and people love to be apart of something, no matter how insignificant you might think it is. Please tell us a story about how 8 came to be, even if that story is simply "I couldn't find any eyewear that reflected my personality and was X, Y, and Z." I think this can help your brand build, and also put a face behind it as well.

Yup. I agree. Been putting this off for too long. Problem is i dont know what to say.

Im sure something will come to me. Seeing as i have a lot more time now. Im putting the story as a #1 task.

Thanks MJ and for the forum and book. Changed my life. Cheers

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Vick - how about hiring a copywriter who will interview you and write an awesome about page based on what you say?

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Great progress Vick.

However, did you involved some fashion bloggers to do marketing for you? You know, send few models to few of them, give them the glasses for free, ask for honest review and ask for a link to your shop. Give them a discount code for 10 or 15% which will be available for the first 30 days after the review will appear on the website. This should help you a lot with sales as well.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
@Vick Have you sent any of your products to bloggers for them to do a review? I was wondering, do the bloggers keep the product or do they normally give them back? I'm asking because I'm about to get prototypes made. I will only have 4 units so giving them away isn't ideal.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
@Vick Have you sent any of your products to bloggers for them to do a review? I was wondering, do the bloggers keep the product or do they normally give them back? I'm asking because I'm about to get prototypes made. I will only have 4 units so giving them away isn't ideal.
Great progress Vick.

However, did you involved some fashion bloggers to do marketing for you? You know, send few models to few of them, give them the glasses for free, ask for honest review and ask for a link to your shop. Give them a discount code for 10 or 15% which will be available for the first 30 days after the review will appear on the website. This should help you a lot with sales as well.

I thought about doing reviews with blog sites. But changed my mind.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
I thought about doing reviews with blog sites. But changed my mind.

For those who want to reach out to bloggers for reviews, a great resource is www.tomoson.com

It allows you to either search for bloggers by category, or post your product and have bloggers contact you. You can even set minimum criteria like # of twitter/facebook followers, blog traffic, etc, so you only get the ones who can really have a large impact.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Yes, Tomoson is a great resource. We used it and had a number of very good reviews written. It really boosted our business and brand. In our experience the bloggers did keep the products. With that said our product is one that can't be returned after being used.

Kyle O

The World Is Yours
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 11, 2014
Hey Vick awesome job with the business! I might have missed it, but what shopping cart/website theme are you using? I like the theme layout, but noticed on my iphone that your main images on the homepage aren't completely responsive (shrink to fit screen) unless I turn the phone sideways.

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
Hey Vick, I'm looking for a shopify designer. Noticed ur site looks really good. Any recommendations? What site did u find ur designers on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Hey Vick awesome job with the business! I might have missed it, but what shopping cart/website theme are you using? I like the theme layout, but noticed on my iphone that your main images on the homepage aren't completely responsive (shrink to fit screen) unless I turn the phone sideways.

Thanks. I use Shopify and the Paralax theme. And yes, I noticed the way it looks on phones. I have new Banner images coming soon to look better on the phones.

Hey Vick, I'm looking for a shopify designer. Noticed ur site looks really good. Any recommendations? What site did u find ur designers on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Not usre what u mean. I purchased a Theme from shopify and plugged in the images. You don't need designers. Spend the time making it look nice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.