The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job)

Idea threads

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
I cannot believe what is happening.

Orders are coming in every 5-10 min.

Shed a little tear of joy.

Maybe I can leave my job in January at this rate.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco and this forum!

Truly awesome man. Keep it up. Of course, black Friday and the ensuing holiday buying season is 1 month out of the year but I hear this month makes ore breaks most of the large brands out there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Maybe I can leave my job in January at this rate.

December, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are DECEPTIVELY big months.

It sounds like you can probably leave your job, but don't be disillusioned by the amount of sales you get this month as though it is sustainable.

Last Cyber Monday I made more in one day than I had made in the previous 3 months combined. But that petered off and I was back to grinding in Jan and Feb.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I remember the restaurant trade in December where you make as much in 3 weeks of xmas parties as 3 months combined, the only problem was that the month before and 2 months after were tight as hell as people cut their spending.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
What changed besides the discount? Running new ads? or did the discount somehow go viral?

Happy for you Vick.

didnt change anything. just announced Black Friday sale via my social followings.

And did a few ads on IG

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
didnt change anything. just announced Black Friday sale via my social followings.

And did a few ads on IG
That's crazy.

Do interested people just assume that you'll have a sale? Maybe the ads made a hell of an impact. Anyway..hope to see you break $10k in a day by the end of Jan..or maybe you'll do it today..ha.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
That's crazy.

Do interested people just assume that you'll have a sale? Maybe the ads made a hell of an impact. Anyway..hope to see you break $10k in a day by the end of Jan..or maybe you'll do it today..ha.

might do it today ;) if the trend keeps up. after work hours will probably bring in a lot.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
might do it today ;) if the trend keeps up. after work hours will probably bring in a lot.
Man..that's F*cking amazing. Curse word for emphasis. On Tuesday you were talking about hoping to hit $3k someday in the near future. Here we are..Friday. Might do $10k.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Incredible to watch.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Man..that's F*cking amazing. Curse word for emphasis. On Tuesday you were talking about hoping to hit $3k someday in the near future. Here we are..Friday. Might do $10k.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Incredible to watch.

lol thanks.

the real trick is doing it everyday though ;)

like stated above. today is a rare occurance.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
lol thanks.

the real trick is doing it everyday though ;)

like stated above. today is a rare occurance.
Yeah..but each customer is also a walking billboard. Once enough pairs are out there you'll begin making sales everyday via word of mouth / walking advertisements.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Yeah..but each customer is also a walking billboard. Once enough pairs are out there you'll begin making sales everyday via word of mouth / walking advertisements.

very true ;)

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
373348_112795498743794_436992126_n.jpg

lnBetween

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 25, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Amazing progress thread Vick!

By the way, I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about it but did you run some stress tests on your glasses? Like what temperatures they can withstand? Or if they start cracking and if the paint starts peeling off after X number of flexions? (sorry for my poor english)

Last edited:

slodki

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Awesome work! Here in Aussie land we don't have the same level of craziness when it comes to USA sales. I saw on TV the carnage that goes on when stores open up with all the people flooding in and fighting for the last items in the store. Insane stuff.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
So what I do is pretty simple, I just search for target groups that suit my niche (this can be kinda tricky, i'll do another post on this, because you need to find random people with huge followings, not brands. Sometimes there usernames are strange and hard to find). Find followings that are larger then 150k usually I go for 300k+ accounts though, but can be tough to find.
Vick,

When you are searching IG for large accounts, how would you go about finding if any/all of the account's followers were fake? Obviously you can tell some from the interaction on the posts, but what if a 300k followed account has 250k fake followers? Any pro tips for steering clear of this?

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Vick,

When you are searching IG for large accounts, how would you go about finding if any/all of the account's followers were fake? Obviously you can tell some from the interaction on the posts, but what if a 300k followed account has 250k fake followers? Any pro tips for steering clear of this?
I think interaction and likes are still going to be the best predictors... short of being a follower of the account yourself for a long time and knowing its reputation, etc...

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
short of being a follower of the account yourself

Duh, you're right! Should have thought of this. Even for a few days you can at least check on it.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Vick,

I go on instinct, if a 300k page is only getting 1000 likes an image. thats usually a bad sign. they should have way more. i have 30k followers and I sometimes get 600-700 likes. also what Deon said. i follow all the pages I advertise on. see what they do, watch the comments, likes, pics, etc. once you start doing it for awhile, you start to see patterns.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Update.

Black Friday was insane. Were still not done packing orders, have a few left. ran out of shipping supplies.

We did over 12k that day :)

The wifey is still pulling her eye lids from the back of her head.

Also, were placing our 2nd order with our manufacturer. And, I'm starting work on a new design.

Here's a line up of whats to come in March 2015.

Not gonna explain what they all are, but a few of them will have ANSI Z87 approved lens, which is a safety feature for people on the job. Been getting tons of questions regarding that and missing out on sales. So ya, a few will have those lenses. there very expensive so we can only do the best sellers with those lenses.

Also, we are gonna try some REVO mirror lenses, so if you see a color lens below its a REVO color mirro lens.

LENS WITH REVO OR MIRROR COATING.jpg Order02-LineUp.jpg

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
We did over 12k that day...

That's all? Man, think of how much you'd have made if you took the money you spent on molds, prototyping, and importing and put it in your IRA...

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Update.

Black Friday was insane. Were still not done packing orders, have a few left. ran out of shipping supplies.

Also, were placing our 2nd order with our manufacturer. And, I'm starting work on a new design.

Not gonna explain what they all are, but a few of them will have ANSI Z87 approved lens, which is a safety feature for people on the job. Been getting tons of questions regarding that and missing out on sales. So ya, a few will have those lenses. there very expensive so we can only do the best sellers with those lenses.

Also, we are gonna try some REVO mirror lenses, so if you see a color lens below its a REVO color mirro lens.

View attachment 8658 View attachment 8659
rep+

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
G

Grimaldo

Update.

Impressive. You made my day! Thank you for sharing.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Update.

Aweomse. I'm not surprised at all. My book on how to do handstands hits $1.5-$2k on Cyber Monday/Black Friday sales, so I thought you would hit an order of magnitude greater than that for sure, since your market is huge and your product is much more viral and contemporary.

Hope you have your first $80k month REAL soon. :)

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know anything about this league > http://www.texasrevs.com/

I don't know anything about Football, so I thought I'd see if my American friends know anything about them.

The President of the League reached out to me, wants to work together. Not sure how exactly, waiting on reply from him.

Anyway, any info about this league/business would be great! Thanks

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US

I don't know anything about Football, so I thought I'd see if my American friends know anything about them.

The President of the League reached out to me, wants to work together. Not sure how exactly, waiting on reply from him.

Looks like they are apart of some new Champions Indoor Football league. Never heard of the team or league. Not really sure how much you would gain from them. Actually, both your companies seem to be at the same point, they need exposure like you do.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
omg that grey / silver. Looking for a drool smiley but can't find one so I'll send you this :finger: because it's going to be difficult not to buy them haha. I'll try to hold off until I'm at 4 figures daily.

Any idea what it would take to get APEL approved? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorized_Protective_Eyewear_List

May be able to sell a ton to the U.S military or get them into AAFES stores.

Another thing to consider but probably isn't wise to throw resources at is dirt / sand protection. The Wiley brand had a foam ring that kept sand / dirt from getting into the eyes. Less and less military / contractors in the middle east now but still a big market if you can hit the richer Arab states and dirt bike market.

Great update. Funny that what seems like and almost was literally a few days ago you were hoping to break $3k. :rockon: Here's hoping for a $4k day after the holiday shopping season.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

My friend James is the starting QB for an IFL team. It's a league of semi-pro teams with a small but very dedicated fan base. The salaries aren't great, but it's neat to watch, and the facebook pages and IG get a lot of action. The players aren't nearly NFL level, but they'd definitely destroy any group of enthusiasts from off the street. Think of it like a continuation of college ball beyond the college years, but with slightly different rules, and with the median skill level players rather than the very best from the Big-10 (who go to the NFL). It's a rung below the Arena Football League, which is bigger, and has bigger stakes. Provided the deal is favorable, might net you some good PR, but make sure you insist on it being in their social media and advertising, because the games are not attended by big crowds.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.