The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness - Jim Rohn

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
I finished reading this book a month ago and it's one of the best books on personal development and success i've read. Jim Rohn is a legend in the personal development field as well as a multi-millionaire businessman. This book is well worth the $12.95 price tag.

Here are a few quotes from the book:

"Success is a process of turning away from something in order to turn toward something better - from lethargy to exercise, from candy to fruit, from spending to investing."

"The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish; It's something you become."

"If you wish to be successful, study success. If you wish to be happy, study happiness. If you want to make money, study the acquisition of wealth. Those who achieve these things don't do it by accident. It's a matter of studying first and practicing second."

"If there is one critical ingredient for your successful quest for both wealth and happiness, it is discipline."

"In my experience, affirmations without the discipline to act upon those things which are affirmed cause men and women to delude themselves..."

"Discipline is the bridge between thought and accomplishment... the glue that binds inspiration to achievement... Discipline come to those with awareness that for a kite to fly it must rise against the wind;"

"The danger comes when we look at a day sqandered and conclude that no harm has been done. After all, it was just one day. But add up these days to make a year and then add up these years to make a lifetime and perhaps you can now see how repeating today's small failures can easily turn your life into a major disaster."

Fred

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

karolis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 9, 2007
I agree on Jim Rohn. His thoughts on business and life are mind-changing. I will order this book with my next amazon package.

You can also find here lots of free articles by Jim Rohn:
http://www.jimrohn.com/articles.asp

They sum up his philoshophy very good. I think one thing that makes Jim Rohn stand out from other business and success teachers is that he's been there for a long time. Even before all the Kiyosakis and Tony Robbinsons.

falb

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2010
a good book indeed to bad he dead :smxD:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Jim rohn is a fastlane case study . a real one

1) the guy is broke at 25,

2) he says " what the hell, enough is enough " = F.T.E in MJ DeMarco 's philosophy

3) he meets mr Earl Shoaff, his mentor who says :

" work harder on yourself than you do on your job !!!! "

4) then he becomes a millionaire at 31

5) the rest is history : he becomes a business philosopher and guru

the interesting fact is that he was an INTJ Mastermind

this is why his philosophy is close to Eben Pagan and Jay Abraham philosophies

this is why most people don't care about this kind of philosophy

Masterminds make 2 % of the population

who cares about them ? about their philosophy ?

98 % of people don't care

that's why their future looks like this in mankind history :

grave.jpg

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Jim rohn was a brilliant human being. It was listening to his seminars about a year ago that made me believe that I could have more from my life.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Jim rohn was a brilliant human being. It was listening to his seminars about a year ago that made me believe that I could have more from my life.

something that resonates with me :

his mentor said to him " young man, if you would change, everything will change "

which means, we can't wait for people to change

we can't wait for the economy to change

we can't wait for everything to change

we can't wait for the universe to help us or anyone or anything

we have to change to make things change

the bad news : it is hard. nobody can do it for us

the good news : succcess is assured because we create it in this case

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i believe the core of Jim Rohn's of success is this :

this is his main philosophy

upload_2018-3-17_15-25-26.png

Last edited:

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
something that resonates with me :

his mentor said to him " young man, if you would change, everything will change "

which means, we can't wait for people to change

we can't wait for the economy to change

we can't wait for everything to change

we can't wait for the universe to help us or anyone or anything

we have to change to make things change

the bad news : it is hard. nobody can do it for us

the good news : succcess is assured because we create it in this case

You're exactly right.

I used to have the "victim mentality" where I would blame my upbringing, my school, my financial status or my neighbourhood for my lack of success.

Listening to Jim Rohn made me realize that if I'm going to achieve any of my goals and dreams, it's ME THAT HAS TO CHANGE, not everything else around me that i can't control.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You're exactly right.

I used to have the "victim mentality" where I would blame my upbringing, my school, my financial status or my neighbourhood for my lack of success.

Listening to Jim Rohn made me realize that if I'm going to achieve any of my goals and dreams, it's ME THAT HAS TO CHANGE, not everything else around me that i can't control.

warning : you have to stand your ground on your way to a new life

because people who know you don't want you to change

your winning would mean that if you can do it, then they can do it too !

they can't blame the world anymore . they have to change too and take responsibility !

your success would be a silent accusation against them and they can't accept that

Success17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 5, 2018
Jim Rohn is a legend. As can be seen from his biography Jim Rohn biography - interesting facts, achievements, career details he did indeed struggle in his early years until he transformed into a person who inspired millions.

I have a lot of respect for him. Here is one of his biggest quotes that resonated with me personally: "Big goals will take you through very difficult days".

Isn't the above quote big and meaningful? So much compressed in 1 statement.

Amazing inspirational author.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.