The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Figure Agency by Josh Nelson, Legit?

Guru

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
He has a free course which in my opinion has been quite good but it acts a lead magnet to upsell you into his coaching program. Basically the free course boils down to a neat little ven diagram.
  • Get clients: Do a cold,inbound,marketed,assiciations,and Joint ventures while building authority to then send leads through a funnel.
  • Deliver Results:Niche down and offer packages (that range from 50% to 100% of all the services packages. {ex. cheapest package may just be seo+ppc whereas the most expensive package is web design,seo,ppc,social media mangament,GMB optimization,some social media management,tracking,etc} in a MRR model. Which you can then outsource to a white label to do parts or all of it.
  • Retain clients: Having a strong kickoff,commnication with them,help them to see the big picture and ROI
This is just a rough overview of the stuff I learned from his free course. What do you guys think. I'm skepetical as he makes it sound like you can have a 7 figure agency in just 12 to 24 months but I feel like if you were able to implement the steps you could reasonably achieve it in a few years following this model or at least something similar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
He has a free course which in my opinion has been quite good but it acts a lead magnet to upsell you into his coaching program. Basically the free course boils down to a neat little ven diagram.
  • Get clients: Do a cold,inbound,marketed,assiciations,and Joint ventures while building authority to then send leads through a funnel.
  • Deliver Results:Niche down and offer packages (that range from 50% to 100% of all the services packages. {ex. cheapest package may just be seo+ppc whereas the most expensive package is web design,seo,ppc,social media mangament,GMB optimization,some social media management,tracking,etc} in a MRR model. Which you can then outsource to a white label to do parts or all of it.
  • Retain clients: Having a strong kickoff,commnication with them,help them to see the big picture and ROI
This is just a rough overview of the stuff I learned from his free course. What do you guys think. I'm skepetical as he makes it sound like you can have a 7 figure agency in just 12 to 24 months but I feel like if you were able to implement the steps you could reasonably achieve it in a few years following this model or at least something similar.

Are you any good at marketing?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Not really.

Sounds like you answered your own questions about whether or not you should invest.

Not knowing you whatsoever, maybe you should invest your money in learning a skillset that would be valuable to the marketplace. OR instead of looking for skills, look for problems to solve. Have you read MJ's books? They're a good start.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Sounds like you answered your own questions about whether or not you should invest.

Not knowing you whatsoever, maybe you should invest your money in learning a skillset that would be valuable to the marketplace. OR instead of looking for skills, look for problems to solve. Have you read MJ's books? They're a good start.
Yeah I wasn't looking to invest because I could feel it was BS but I'm more so trying to figure out what makes a guru course and what makes a quality course.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yeah I wasn't looking to invest because I could feel it was BS but I'm more so trying to figure out what makes a guru course and what makes a quality course.

"The rich need to be taught not to be so arrogant. The poor need to be taught not to be so skeptical." - Jim Rohn

The difference between a real business and a business-opportunity (aka "biz opp") is that people sell the dream to you. If at any point someone says "you, too, can have ____ in _____ time" -- those are usually a warning sign to be cautious.

There's probably nothing wrong with this guy or his program. Probably a great human being trying to help other agency owners build their businesses. But based on where you're at now -- this doesn't seem to be the right fit.

Maybe if you had been studying SEO for the last 20 years. Or were really good at running successful PPC campaigns. Maybe you just really enjoyed Facebook Advertising and finally said "I'd like to create a business out of this skill" -- then it might be a great avenue to pursue.

But for now, stay away from "biz opp" and focus on becoming more valuable.

Fox on the forum here has a great program teaching people how to do web design. His program IS biz opp but the difference is before he ever teaches the business side of things, he walks you through HOW to do the skill of web design... and then eventually shows you how to charge for those skills.

He even clearly states "it's going to take months to get up to speed"

It can get confusing out there because there are SO many opportunities in SO many markets. And as an intelligent person like yourself, I'm guessing the biggest challenge is not that you can't do it -- it's that you literally could do anything you put your mind to (so it gets overwhelming).

Start picking up some hard skills. Any skill you want is free to learn via YouTube, books, or even the Googles. Get out there and provide value. The community is here to help.

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
Josh Nelson absolutely teaches a programmable, structured way to build an agency. His approach is not far off from how I've built two agencies so far. I read the 7 Figure Agency Roadmap AFTER I had started my companies, and was thrilled to see that his approach was almost identical to how I run my businesses. As @Kung Fu Steve already covered though: if you don't have marketing skill, don't start a marketing agency.

I could buy all the courses in the world on how to scale an auto repair shop, but if I don't know how to replace an alternator, I'm not gonna get very far. That doesn't make the courses BS.

Who do you want to help? What problem can you solve? Have you serviced clients before, or provided a similar service in the form of a job?

All in all, Steve has shared some great insights and recommendations. Wishing you the best of luck!

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Josh Nelson absolutely teaches a programmable, structured way to build an agency. His approach is not far off from how I've built two agencies so far. I read the 7 Figure Agency Roadmap AFTER I had started my companies, and was thrilled to see that his approach was almost identical to how I run my businesses. As @Kung Fu Steve already covered though: if you don't have marketing skill, don't start a marketing agency.

I could buy all the courses in the world on how to scale an auto repair shop, but if I don't know how to replace an alternator, I'm not gonna get very far. That doesn't make the courses BS.

Who do you want to help? What problem can you solve? Have you serviced clients before, or provided a similar service in the form of a job?

All in all, Steve has shared some great insights and recommendations. Wishing you the best of luck!
Thanks. I've been in the Fox school and wanted to expand into SEO/other digital marketing services. So took the course to see what others were doing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.