The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO 54 female.. small town.. starting a hotdog /mobile kitchen

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

monagal

New Contributor
Mar 11, 2019
Outlook Saskatchewan
Hello everyone.. I found myself in a sticky wicket.. for the last 3 yrs 2 months and 10 days.. I was full time caregiver to my father.. bless his heart he passed last month... because I was out of the work force for an extended time.. I find myself an almost .. non-human... no one wants to hire me.. they want students.. my skills are more based around urban communities... find myself in a small town with no opportunities... so.. going to start a hot dog /mobile kitchen and go find my way.. I am excited.. will be nice to leave the house and talk with people.. and who doesn't love a good dawg in the sunshine... yes seasonal for me ( central Saskatchewan Canada) but over the summer.. I am sure I will overcome that hurtle and find a winter gig as well... any suggestions welcome.. feel free to message me .. cheers.. love and light to all! Kimberley

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Seattle
Hello everyone.. I found myself in a sticky wicket.. for the last 3 yrs 2 months and 10 days.. I was full time caregiver to my father.. bless his heart he passed last month... because I was out of the work force for an extended time.. I find myself an almost .. non-human... no one wants to hire me.. they want students.. my skills are more based around urban communities... find myself in a small town with no opportunities... so.. going to start a hot dog /mobile kitchen and go find my way.. I am excited.. will be nice to leave the house and talk with people.. and who doesn't love a good dawg in the sunshine... yes seasonal for me ( central Saskatchewan Canada) but over the summer.. I am sure I will overcome that hurtle and find a winter gig as well... any suggestions welcome.. feel free to message me .. cheers.. love and light to all! Kimberley
I used to be a teacher in a small town with no opportunities and saw the effect it had on a ton of former students.

Are you going to focus on just your small town or take to other surrounding small towns? I bet events would be great for your business.

Good luck and excited to see your progress!

OP
OP
monagal

monagal

New Contributor
Mar 11, 2019
Outlook Saskatchewan
I used to be a teacher in a small town with no opportunities and saw the effect it had on a ton of former students.

Are you going to focus on just your small town or take to other surrounding small towns? I bet events would be great for your business.

Good luck and excited to see your progress!
I plan on doing weddings ,birthdays. school events,open house,sports events,anniversary's,church functions,farmers markets,fundraisers,street festivals,community events,corporate events,car shows,ball tournaments,auctions sales, bars and pubs,fishing derby, craft shows parks, beach side thrift shops... and anywhere else I can think of

njord

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 24, 2016
what is your uniek selling point compared with other hotdog stands?

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Seattle
I plan on doing weddings ,birthdays. school events,open house,sports events,anniversary's,church functions,farmers markets,fundraisers,street festivals,community events,corporate events,car shows,ball tournaments,auctions sales, bars and pubs,fishing derby, craft shows parks, beach side thrift shops... and anywhere else I can think of
That is a great list!

In my city the bar districts have a zillion hot dog stands selling for $6 a shot and huge lines.

Will you have a combo deal if I want chips and a soda too? Also any types of desserts, or just dogs?

njord

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 24, 2016
That is a great list!

In my city the bar districts have a zillion hot dog stands selling for $6 a shot and huge lines.

Will you have a combo deal if I want chips and a soda too? Also any types of desserts, or just dogs?
She said she is in a small village not a city... big diffence!

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Seattle
She said she is in a small village not a city... big diffence!
Ya I got that part and is why I wrote Im from a small town too a few posts up. Sorry for trying to chit-chat, no need to be a douche about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Ladies and Gentlemen! I am still taking apps! Think you have what it takes? Send the rundown to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock