The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

54 days left...

Midrange

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 25, 2008
Forest Hills, NY
Till 2011...

I'm trying to wrap up my first ebook and get it launched online before 1/1/11!

I have most of the big stuff out of the way, and just have several small points to get in before finishing. Was hoping to get some help to make sure I knock it out...and also hold me accountable.
smile.gif

Here's what I have so far:

• sales page copy 99% complete
  • opt in page copy 90% complete
  • ebook is finished but needs to be edited for table of contents, headers/footers, basic publishing
  • account with 1shoppingcart
  • account with aweber
  • 3 of 20 newsletter articles written
I'd like to outsource the ebook publishing to someone....whether on here or through Elance. I'll probably need a cover graphic as well. Any recommendations?

I was interested in copyrighting the book and wonder if I have to do that first before I put it out there? Or maybe I put it out there anyway and put in the copyright once it comes in.

Exciting stuff....it's taken awhile to get this far and want to make it happen to start the year off right.

Appreciate any advice or things I might have missed.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Since it's an ebook I don't believe there's any point in getting it copyrighted. Because if people want to circulate and download you book for free there's nothing to stop them from doing so; you'd be fighting a losing battle as every time you get one person or site to stop doing that dozens of others will pop up and you can't shut them all down. Just focus all of your energy and focus on completing it and getting it sold as soon as possible.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Midrange-

Copyright it now. Once you see how easy it is, you can always add to the copyright later as changes are made.

FDJustin-

Great link.

As a writer who as copywrited his work for years, lots of good info.

darkside-

Ever tried to copy/paste a google books image? Or have it read through OCR? Not easy. So, if you want to, there are ways of posting text to the 'net that are still readable, but hard to reproduce.

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Cover? 99designs, forums (wafo, wf, dp, etc...)

Midrange

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 25, 2008
Forest Hills, NY
Ok, an update...

Ebook is 100% finished....yes!

Getting website finalized, opt-in...everything....feels great.

A small question about the ebook....how do I test for kindle and ipad compatibility?

My ebook publisher just sent me two files, but I have neither a kindle nor ipad to test them on.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.