The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$50k Cash... What Should I Invest in?

jack1342

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Sep 25, 2019
Like the title says, I have $50k cash saved up. All living expenses paid for. About 10-15 hours a week to invest in building something. Give me ideas!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Taz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Sep 15, 2019
First step should be to slide that guap over here and then we can brainstorm together on splitting these profits....

Jk $50 is a lot of money to start something up. Look for a need in your area or maybe something you can do online that can pull in some cash.

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019
Like the title says, I have $50k cash saved up. All living expenses paid for. About 10-15 hours a week to invest in building something. Give me ideas!

Read both of MJ's books - 2 great ideas for you!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
These kinds of posts always scare me. Unless you have a good deal of experience building a successful business, dumping 50K into 'something' will just be a good way to burn through 50k.

Far better to put the 50K to one side and build something that you can bootstrap ... something that would be successful and creating profit from day one.

Once you have something going that is producing enough cash to live on, you'll have a much better idea on how to invest your money.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
umm... probably just put it in a well diversified portfolio, maybe heavier on gold for now. Perhaps buy a business with an SBA loan if you are ready for a 24/7 job

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Invest in building a strong inner circle designed for the long term.

Do not underestimate that advice. You can live on an island never put your business on one. The right contact at the right time can change everything.

jack1342

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Sep 25, 2019
These kinds of posts always scare me. Unless you have a good deal of experience building a successful business, dumping 50K into 'something' will just be a good way to burn through 50k.

Far better to put the 50K to one side and build something that you can bootstrap ... something that would be successful and creating profit from day one.

Once you have something going that is producing enough cash to live on, you'll have a much better idea on how to invest your money.
I agree actually. What business do you think would be a good start? I'm a salesman. I can devote about 10 hours a week.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Buy a $10,000 business, try to scale it. If it fails, buy another one.
Rinse and repeat.

Here's a $50,000 crash course to entrepreneurship.

I can give you more details for $97/mo (limited time offer)*

*That's a joke. Don't PM me for that lol.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
These questions pop up every few weeks, and it's impossible to answer without knowing your situation.

I'm a big fan of this model.

Figure that out then you'll have an idea of what to invest in.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I agree actually. What business do you think would be a good start? I'm a salesman. I can devote about 10 hours a week.
What are your skills, and what kind of team could you put together?

For me, I do custom software development - each project is profitable. I won't take on a project unless it will pay me enough for my time and the time of my developers.

Like me, if you could sell projects of some variety, and have a team that executes on it, with your sales skills, you'd likely generate more than enough money to live on. You can then use that income to scale, developing things into something more profitable. Once you have a process in place for selling projects (or whatever), investing some of your 50k into google adwords, or the like, makes a ton of sense.

So...what have you sold in the past that you could sell again? And, where could you find a team that could provide what you sell to your clients?

Now ... if you are more adventurous, and could think and perform on a high level, doing something along the lines of what KAK here does, or putting real estate deals together, and the like, could also make money for you on day 1.

Whatever the case, just don't dump money into something speculatively unless you really know what you're doing.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

mink

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Everyone gets crazy over these types of questions but I give the OP the benefit of doubt that he’s reaching for more of a brainstorming session or someone to brainstorm with.

With that being said, could definitely ask a little nicer.

Anyway, where are you from? Are you in a city or suburbs? What’s the community like? Sometimes it’s best to actually look at your surroundings and ask yourself what’s missing here. What do some of these locals (businesses, patrons) need? Who’s already solving that need and can I do better then them.

Are you looking for a web venture? If so, you’re thinking too vaguely. Start local man.

Think about what you want. What DO you want? A side hustle? A business? an Investment?

If you belong to a gym, connect with people. Think about what they need or if you can come up with something that might excite them. Changing your mindset to either fill a need or to create something that excites people enough that they want to hand you their money or their email...That’s called being an entrepreneur.

If that’s not you, don’t waste your precious 12 hours a week. Invest more passively in something like RE or buy a passive business.

If you need help finding a passive web business, drop me a PM. I can do a 10% finders fee.

D

DeletedUser0287

Lol “It doesn’t take money to make money” they say.

I’ll make good use of it, but no seriously spend lot of time reading up first.

D

DeletedUser0287

Well the thing is that passion has nothing do do with making money. If you can do both, why not?

I half agree with you, if most people don’t have passion they give up. And if you give up, you don’t make money. That is why I was saying in other threads to have both. But got constantly thrashed. MJ is wrong about the passion thing. Why do things the hard way (without passion) when you can do it the easy way (with passion).

balilife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 29, 2019
victoria . BC , Canada
I like the idea of buying 10k business and attempting to scale. rinse , repeat and study each failure or success. Maybe document the 50k process/ challenge via youtube.. Might make for some interesting case studies. First thing I would do is take 5 to 10 k and stash for emergency fund..... Don't be in a rush as the money can go fat and furious....

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My lawn care business.

We have a 50% profit margin and I've gotta add another crew (maybe even two) to handle the demand. Revenue is consistent throughout the year because of contracts. Ready to explode next spring time. Gotta set things up now to prepare for it though.

0 to 80k+ in contracts in less than a year. Feel free to read my thread on here

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.