The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$500,000 Side Revenue By 2019 Or Bust - A Crypto Follow Along

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hmm, not sure what you mean time to notable.. as in time needed to act on data that is relevant in the trades so that the data is notable? Maybe I am confused.. I did just get back on the summit. LOL

So Im watching the 5-minute chart on TradingView for 99% of all of this and I typically look at the last 3 days of info at a visual glance if I do anything like Fibs.

I do also tend to look at 30-min and 1-hr charts, just at a glance to see any bigger trends, but I try to stick with whats happening the last 24 hours and 3 days over all at the 5-min chart.. with a backup to 30-min and 1hr charts from time to time.

As far as picking my coin, I went back 30 days max in initial selection from the many I start with to look at. When I got down to 5 coins I took a bigger time range view to get it narrowed to just LTC for most of the trades.

I got you on the 14 hours part. Since Im working on the desktop/laptop all day I can kinda pop in, but when away I have this on the phone too. However, I rely on my "alerts" to tell me when I need to be looking at the charts.
Poor phrasing, I mean amount of time from when a thread is posted until it's marked Notable by @MJ DeMarco. This one is full of useful, actionable information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Poor phrasing, I mean amount of time from when a thread is posted until it's marked Notable by @MJ DeMarco. This one is full of useful, actionable information.

Ha. ok. I kinda thought that may be it too.. but I didnt want to be ego like and wanted to make sure I was trying to help if there was a question about time in crypto viewing.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
So here are a few more rules I live by...

I need more than 1 indicator to tell me it's time to possibly buy.

If you look at the chart again, you will see times only 1 indicator is present ( bottom half of image ) for a certain 5-min event and you will even see where that 1 indicator is right!

But I'm playing with my money. I need a few to align up with that same 5-min event before I put my hard earned Jefferson's on the line. So if I see a blue indicator, I need to see a gold or black or purple align up with it for the SAME 5-min event.

I need the indicators to be back to back indicators. Meaning, it happened this 5-min, the next 5-min, etc.

What I mean is this:

2018-02-19_1517.png

So the bottom half of this image, those blues, golds, blacks, and purples are all individual 5-min event alerts. I want to see more than 1 blue or 1 gold or 1 black, etc. I want to see them back to back.

So 2-3 blues min. Or 2-3 blacks min. You get it? 10 of them back to back.. even better!

So I like to see them back to back as that shows me a trend is happening in time.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

So Im looking at LTC again for today and a few days back. The red arrow down ( large red arrow ) shows where 2-19-2017 started ( midnight ).

I draw on my chart 2 vertical red lines ( at $232 and $212 ) because based on recent historic data ( last few days ), this is obtainable low and high. Obtainable because we already hit it recently.

Then I made vertical blue and green lows in the same fashion. These were not obtainable highs and lows, but they were "hey this looks like resistance/trend levels for low and high".

Now I don't base these lines/prices on my buy or sell points, but I like to look at where the trend is right now in my strategy at times.

Since we are at $221 right now for LTC, and we are a bit lower than the middle of the "green lines" channel, I know for sure there is no buy price coming up for a while still.

If we were touching the lower green bar, or even the lower blue bar, I could say we might be getting close to a possible buy in price. HOWEVER, I would still only buy when an indicator came up. I just like knowing how far off we might be from that event is all.

We know, based on the past few hours/day, we have the potential to hit the lower green and blue bar, and more than likely ( unless we hit a run up ) our downward target. If an indicator comes up, it will be near that lower green and blue bar.

This is just a visual aid for me, not an indicator. If we hit the lower green or blue or even the low red line, if I don't have an indicator.. I'm not buying in.

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Out of curiosity, do you take into account the market depth? I find that it is easier to predict price changes with depth and volume than past movement. Of course, I don't really do any day trading. For me the big money is in early investment.

Good luck with your process though! Looks like you've got a good head for it!

Actually that is a part of it in the indicators I have, but haven't talked about in this thread yet.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
I dig your strategy @eliquid
After all once you have done your T.A for the day, the BOT can do a much better job time/money wise.
They have been studying an ETF quant bot that is beating the SP500 by a 1,5% and more people are starting to dig that quants and bots will replace traders
I would like to know how can i set up a bot on gdax too, nothing too crazy but something that goes like "when this goes up by x% sell, when it goes down by Y%, buy" make small gains daily, they will compound

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Did a small trade again today.

Im finding I need to expand out if I want to trade daily. Waiting for the best entry can take time on 1 coin.

Im sure I can do better, it will just take some time to get the nerves up.

I went in at 45 LTC @ $207 and 5 LTC @ $206.01

Sold all 50 @ 208.99 for a profit of $104.45

2018-02-28_0908.png

Been working on my own little bot coding it up and integrating into Gdax and Binance so I don't have to hunt these small trades myself.

I'm going to let the bot do the work hunting it down and executing the trades.

That will remove a lot of "emotion" and trigger finger accidents. It will also let me trade without having to watch the screen all day ( even with alerts ) and while I sleep. Just going to set it to small gains and safe settings.

What are the settings you are running on your bot? My brother has tried coding a few settings tied to BTC/ETH and it works either great or poorly and not really consistent. Haven't looked at LTC for the bot yet but might work better on BTC or ETH/USD as you are trading...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
Im also going to be doing most, if not all of this, on Gdax because I happen to have already had the "smaller" account I needed there and set up/funded so no wait in this thread for verifications and money transfer.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Going to refocus on this venture come June.
So Jason - did you get back in around June time?

I've been totally away from FL since April, and got killed on my crypto this year (wiped out last years free money, which is fine).

Just interested whether you are still trying to make this work.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
So Jason - did you get back in around June time?

I've been totally away from FL since April, and got killed on my crypto this year (wiped out last years free money, which is fine).

Just interested whether you are still trying to make this work.

I got back in.

Suffered a loss ( small one ) but that only helped me learn more how to properly trade and manage risk.

Ive developed a few new rules now and strategies I havent seen anyone talk about based on research and have been making winning trades since.

I'm not able to trade daily yet, but Im placing trades weekly still.

Are still involved even though you had a loss?

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Are you still involved even though you had a loss?
Yes, have original investment riding in the "it'll come back" fund - mainly bitcoin, ETH and a little litecoin. Have been concentrating on what I know - light, short-term option trading which in the current markets can be as unpredictable as crypto. One mis-timed tweet from on high and "certainties" go south :(
However I'm steady trading options a few times a week, and need to spend more time on keeping up with crypto - but that takes time I don't really have right now.

Good you've got some working strategies - took me two years of much less volatility to figure out a 70% model for options - so trying to figure out strategies in the current crypto madness much be quite a feat!

As you said before - all the gurus have gone quiet these days ... not so easy without a rising tide!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.