The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$50,000+ Profit in Last 12mos Online Biz. Work At Home. $6,410 3mos Average

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
Hey All,

I am not sure if this is being posted in the right place, and if I’m not… please move it to the right place. I am selling my ecommerce site that is selling a dropshipped product. In the last 12 months it has made a bit over $50,000k in PROFIT. So far in this month of October 2012 it has made $2,780.11.

In the last 3 months the average monthly profit has been $6,410. If you are possibly interested in purchasing the site, please reply in this thread or send me a PM, and I will respond with details. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Hey All,

I am not sure if this is being posted in the right place, and if I’m not… please move it to the right place. I am selling my ecommerce site that is selling a dropshipped product. In the last 12 months it has made a bit over $50,000k in PROFIT. So far in this month of October 2012 it has made $2,780.11.

In the last 3 months the average monthly profit has been $6,410. If you are possibly interested in purchasing the site, please reply in this thread or send me a PM, and I will respond with details. Thanks.

Oh, wow! I will take it!

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts for this eCommerce website. The above sum resulted from in depth analysis of your site and your proven track record here at TMF .

We are now ready to transfer the funds for your website overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently. We look forward to working with you!

Best regards

Howgul Abul Arhu :coolgleamA:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
@G_Alexander:

While your response is a bit funny, this in fact is a real website. I was not sure if this forum is OK with URLs being posted in threads, but since someone has asked for it... the domain name is MotorFiend .com. Please take a look and ask as many questions as possible. The be honest I have recently put the site up on flippa, but I am considering some other offers that have been made.

For anyone who wants specific details, please ask them here or in PM... or take a look at the flippa listing which has all of the information. Sorry if this thread has rubbed anyone the wrong way. To be honest, I recently discovered this forum last night and as an entrepreneur... I would have liked to have found it years ago; it seems like there is a lot of priceless information here.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
He was being sarcastic :).

As for OP, :icon_bs:, take your spam elsewhere :thumbsup:.

It is spam for me to tell people that I am selling my website in the marketplace section? I have found lots of posts where people are selling their business and have told members here about it. Why when I do the same thing... it's considered spam?

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Why when I do the same thing... it's considered spam?
It's etiquette for this forum - 10 quality posts before you start posting links. We need to see you're going to be a valued member - kind of a gauntlet everyone must pass first. No worries, you'll get there I'm sure.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
@Amail:

Thanks for explaining that. I actually am quite impressed with this forum, and it will be one that I take some time to read and become active in. To be honest I'm actually doing it right now. Thanks again for not giving me too hard of a time since I'm new here.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012

Well, with most online businesses... as customer will go online to write a bad review but they won't go write a good one. The 2 most recent are August and September 2012. During that time period there were LITERALLY more than 300 DIFFERENT customers who made purchases from the website. I can live with 2 out of 300 of the customers having a bad experience... and when they do... they are always handsomely taken care of. Thanks for asking.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
Still waiting.

Sorry for the delay. I can provide you with a URL that has screenshots of verified income and traffic. The domain has already been mentioned here MotorFiend .com, and to be honest I do not have a BIN/asking price right now. There have been some strong offers that have come in today that are being considered, and the details of those offers are being worked out as I type this message.

I tried to PM you the URL with most of the info you are asking for, but I can't seem to send you messages. If you want me to get these things directly to you without giving you a URL... just tell me how to go about doing it and I'll give it a try. Thanks.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well, with most online businesses... as customer will go online to write a bad review but they won't go write a good one. The 2 most recent are August and September 2012. During that time period there were LITERALLY more than 300 DIFFERENT customers who made purchases from the website. I can live with 2 out of 300 of the customers having a bad experience... and when they do... they are always handsomely taken care of. Thanks for asking.

Is your normal delivery time for products 2-3 weeks? When products come from China, it will take longer than what a customer is normally expecting. Also, most complaints aren't because of delivery time, they are because of communication. Do you answer the phone, return calls and answer emails daily?

You should not be getting 2 bad reviews per 300 customers. A potential buyer is purchasing your store along with its reviews and reputation. Those reviews will keep you from getting top dollar. A 0.75% disapproval rating is not good for a company doing a small amount of sales.

I don't have a single bad review online in all the years I've been running my stores.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
Is your normal delivery time for products 2-3 weeks? When products come from China, it will take longer than what a customer is normally expecting. Also, most complaints aren't because of delivery time, they are because of communication. Do you answer the phone, return calls and answer emails daily?

You should not be getting 2 bad reviews per 300 customers. A potential buyer is purchasing your store along with its reviews and reputation. Those reviews will keep you from getting top dollar. A 0.75% disapproval rating is not good for a company doing a small amount of sales.

I don't have a single bad review online in all the years I've been running my stores.

First off... I am glad to hear that you have had great success in not having any bad reviews online... maybe one that I can get to that point with any other businesses I may have. I am not here trying to justify 2 complaints because a customer should always be happy.

Second... to answer your question regarding shipping... free shipping takes 8-12 days and express shipping(DHL) takes 2-4 business days. Regarding customer service, I would love to hear whatever tips or suggestions you have because I assume you know what you are talking about, I just don't know that a thread about a business being sold is the right stage to do that on. If you want to give me your advice/views/opinions on the subject personally, in another thread, via email, or whatever... I am all for it. Thanks.

PS: No disrespect intended. Seriously.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
I visited the site and it looks great.

It took me quite a while to figure it out as I copied and pasted MotorFiend .com and it kept giving me an error. Eventually, I figured out there was a typo in your post, and the extra space shouldn't be there. It's actually MotorFiend.com

Would you consider a workout plan? Like, what if I gave you $500 up front, and then ran the business and paid you from the proceeds? If it made $50k in profit in the last year, would you be willing to sell it for $50k with $500 down and the rest financed? I think I can come up with some cash if that works for you. I can't PM as I have to use the internet at work only... but let me know if you would be agreeable to something like that.

I was watching Shark Tank tonight, and based on that it seems like your $50k valuation is a little high. However, if you can allow me to work it off I might be interested.

Yes your are right about the space, but I did that because I was not sure if posting links is acceptable here. I really appreciate the interest you have shown in acquiring this website.

Regarding the plan that you have suggested, I am sorry to say that at this time I would not be interested in accepting $500 up front and the rest financed. When putting this website up for sale, the idea was not to sell it based on it being financed or "worked off". Do no worry about not being able to send PMs, and thing you need to say or ask please feel free to do so here. If something changes and I decide to sell the website with financing, I will be sure to let you know. Thanks again for your interest.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
Since the merchandise is all drop shipped (so basically what I would be buying is a web site) would you be willing to sell it for less than $50K? I am sure I could build a web site for less than that... and since they are all drop shippers I could just do the same thing, right? What am I overlooking? I have never done anything quite like this before. Would you be willing to negotiate?

I am assuming that if I bought this you would help me run it for a while. Teach me the ropes. I have had a lot of businesses before, but not one like this and I wouldn't want to screw it up.

Could I pay you to work for me for a while? Like... I would buy it, but then you would work for me and I could pay you from the proceeds of the business. You run it for a while, and I would pay you from the profits.

Since everything is dropshipped, the new owner would be buying the domain/website/content/brand/search engine rankings. Honestly, I believe anyone can do that and possibly do it better than MotorFiend has. I didn't address previously where you said I valued the website at $50k... but I didn't. I have a number in mind that I think it's worth, but I have never publicly stated whether or not I think the value is higher or lower than that.

I am very open to negotiating, and I am considering all serious offers for this website. I cannot say that I will be available to sell the website, and then work for the new owner... but if the price is right... I may consider doing it. Thanks again. Do not worry about multiple posts. Take care.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Hey Vigilante, maybe we can go partners on this deal. I'd love a piece of this. I'm a little short of the 50k, but I'm sure we can figure something out.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Wade - what if the 3 of us partner up. Just imagine what we can do as a team. I'll bet we take this site from 50k to 150k in less than 6 months. I have a plan, but would need the experience of you and vigilante for it to be a success.

msj484

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Oct 18, 2012
Likwid, I just tried calling you cell. Hit me up when you get a chance.

MSJ, are you willing to take part cash and part equity? If so, what is your number? How much time can you devote to training our people to run the business?

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, but it depends on the numbers. Please feel free to be more specific. I would appreciate if this could be done privately via email, PM, instant messenger, etc.

2) I do not have a number, I am considering all serious offers. If the deal sounds right I will take it.

3) The time I devout also depends on the offer that is on the table.

Thanks again for your continued interest.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Can you PM me the screenshots MJ asked for? Traffic, revenue, etc.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Deleted my idea posts here as there are a lot of lurkers and I posted too much info.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.