The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$50,000,000 in $ales in 7 Years

Ask me anything!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
Thanks for the reply, I do see the value in studying people in the elite 1200, I am very curious about getting into this. Okay. Well i'm a mortgage broker but I've been slow to grasp concepts, so my boss just has me doing back office stuff like filing loan applications to banks and calling leads to organise meetings, I paid 17,000 for the diploma to get into this, and right now I only make like 500 a week. This frustrates me because I want to be out there making sales, improving my skills. Not photocopying. I realise I have to start from the bottom, but I am just a pawn in my current firm. I'm only 24 and want to be on the pavement, on the phone building my own self, my own brand.

I see the value in the elite 1200 because I've studied the inc 5000 list of growing businesses since i was 20, It was all mental masturbation for me which is why for 2016 I want something to just throw myself into. Energy broking/energy saving seems a big interest for me because building my network interests me, i already have a rule where I add 5 people a day on linkedIn, could you explain what aggressive networking means to you? I know there are networking events you can go to, but my boss told me they are just bottom feeders. I will and can do it, I want to get on the phone.

I will always be draw to broking in same way or another due to what you talk about in this thread, the ability to leverage relationships and get a piece of the bigger pie. What i'm confused about is googling energy broking jobs Australia and nothing coming up in terms of jobs, I am trying to do research to see if it's called something else here.

I know you've littered plenty of threads on this forum with golden eggs of knowledge on how to get started in this, Trust me i've spent all last night reading them, I'm going to continue to study the 1200, My first challenge is understanding the industry in Australia and getting some basics down online if I can study them, I can then make a calculated choice on who I'll approach and what I will try to position myself as, like you said I don't just want to work for a base salary and commission, I want to start my own little business if you will.

Right now i'll continue doing mortgage broking/admin, building my cold calling skills, my organisational skills and my belief in myself. BUT, I see this as something that could be alot more fastlane for me, mortgage broking will take me to about 60-80k working for my boss, under a franchise, I don't envision that as success, I envision that as being normal. I haven't read scoured this forum everyday for years to be normal. 2016 will be action. Independent action.

Thank you for the value you provide in all these posts, one thing over the years I see is not enough people saying thank you here. Successful people like you are time short, taking the time out to educate people like us really makes me appreciate the people out there.

Very cool. I wish you the best of luck my friend. I like the way you think and think you will get far if you keep working on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

unorthodox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Apr 15, 2015
What's a good broker/company to work for in the energy efficiency niche in Michigan

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
It's interesting to see even the biggest baddest millionaire bad asses get into little confrontations.

unorthodox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Apr 15, 2015
Yourself.... This is a freaking entrepreneur forum.

An entrepreneur forum? REALLY!?

I was simply asking a question about a list of companies he talked about offering on the first page - any experienced entrepreneur would take advice/knowledge to refine the "process" - go find some other slow lane assumptive comments to get wet for...

All you've done in this thread is pester, don't you have some value to provide somewhere?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Yourself.... This is a freaking entrepreneur forum.

And @Ubermensch no I did not sell for energy.me

LOL, c'mon bro.

Don't be like that.

We both know Michigan is basically dead for brokering.

Besides, he asked about energy efficiency. Which is huge for Michigan.

What's a good broker/company to work for in the energy efficiency niche in Michigan

I don't broker for my own brokerage anymore. I haven't for over three years now. The brokering I do, I do for brokerages that give me a high commission split (well above 50%), hold the licenses, work with suppliers, etc.

While @Kak didn't seem to understand that only a portion of my sales revenue came from brokering deregulated energy, he IS right that brokering energy is a race to the bottom (it's always like that with commodities - energy or non-energy - in my experience).

One of my friends owns one of the largest brokerages in the country. They are endorsed by 144 trade associations, a feat no other broker in the country is even close to achieving.

Brokering energy, if done intelligently, is just an avenue into the client to offer them the big ticket items that hold true value.

I was simply asking a question about a list of companies he talked about offering on the first page - any experienced entrepreneur would take advice/knowledge to refine the "process" - go find some other slow lane assumptive comments to get wet for...

All you've done in this thread is pester, don't you have some value to provide somewhere?

I would check out my friend's company, bro. Glad to hook you up if you like.

I actually broker through them from time to time.

Company is: www.appienergy.com

My guy is Mike Payne, managing director.

They've been in business since before Texas was ever even deregulated (Texas is one of the oldest markets), since 1996.

Since they operate in every single deregulated state, they have access to a lot of good market data that most others don't have.

Anyway, I want to emphasize this: ENERGY EFFICIENCY IS THE END GAME!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Because the "value" in this thread is in some part complete and utter bullshit... Why do I know this? Because Im experienced in all of this.

If you want to start an efficiency company, learn about the various things that lead to efficiency. Insulation, windows, appliances, tint, bulbs, energy factor... Then look at some things that make a building greener... solar, wind, whatever...

THEN find a way to provide those things to your customers by becoming either an authorized distribution for for these or partnering up with some companies that provide these services and putting packages together... THAT is entrepreneurship... Not going and signing up for some "start your own business" bullshit where you are basically a commission only salesperson. Go look at ACN or Ambit if you want that crap.

When I brokered energy I worked with actual energy companies, that provide the actual energy. I didn't broker for some other broker. I started and owned the brokerage company. I started and owned the company that provided efficiency solutions. I was a wholesale dealer of brand name solutions in the efficiency space. I was partners with many highly rated subcontractors that could implement a lot of other energy saving solutions.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Because the "value" in this thread is in some part complete and utter bullshit... Why do I know this?

Yea, bro.

Because you keep posting.

You obviously have a tremendous reading comprehension issue, which is quite frankly not surprising, for reasons I won't get into now.

Since you think you know so much about energy efficiency, why don't you tell me how many multi-million dollar PACE transactions you've completed in the last year? (Hint: For me, it's more than one, and it's seven figures).

I'll wait while you Google the fact that Obama has been talking about PACE at the White House lately.

LISTEN UP, YOU SUPERCILIOUS TWIT.

THE POINT IS THAT YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO PERFORM AN ASCHRAE LEVEL II OR LEVEL III ENGINEERING STUDY TO COMPLETE A PACE DEAL.

No one on this site - including myself - is qualified to do this. You need to outsource for that. Wouldn't be a bad idea outsource to an Inc 500 Company that does that kind of thing.

Guess which motherfcker in this thread (hint: @Ubermensch ) knows these Inc 500 Presidents and CEO's by name?

Guess who's done PACE deals with them.

Man, motherfuckerz just love to talk shit when they don't know shit.

Almost makes me miss GrumpyPussy.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser396

This is an efficient use of energy.

Because the "value" in this thread is in some part complete and utter bullshit... Why do I know this? Because Im experienced in all of this.

If you want to start an efficiency company, learn about the various things that lead to efficiency. Insulation, windows, appliances, tint, bulbs, energy factor... Then look at some things that make a home greener... solar, wind, whatever...

THEN find a way to provide those things to your customers by becoming either an authorized distribution for for these or partnering up with some companies that provide these services and putting packages together... THAT is entrepreneurship... Not going and signing up for some "start your own business" bullshit where you are basically a commission only salesperson. Go look at ACN or Ambit if you want that crap.

When I brokered energy I worked with actual energy companies, that provide the actual energy. I didn't broker for some other broker. I started and owned the brokerage company. I started and owned the company that provided efficiency solutions. I was a wholesale dealer of brand name solutions in the efficiency space. I was partners with many highly rated subcontractors that could implement a lot of other energy saving solutions.
This is not.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yea, bro.

Because you keep posting.

You obviously have a tremendous reading comprehension issue, which is quite frankly not surprising, for reasons I won't get into now.

Since you think you know so much about energy efficiency, why don't you tell me how many multi-million dollar PACE transactions you've completed in the last year? (Hint: For me, it's more than one, and it's seven figures).

I'll wait while you Google the fact that Obama has been talking about PACE at the White House lately.

Man, motherfuckerz just love to talk shit.

Almost makes me miss GrumpyPussy.

You are spewing bullshit so you can swing your dick around and act cool. You need to reel it in. I literally don't give a shit what you do. You may have been somewhat successful in this... But new entrepreneurs getting into this based on the show you have put on here are in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
You are spewing bullshit so you can swing your dick around and act cool.

@theag

Another fastlaner obsessed with my dick. What gives, bro? All I'm tryin' to do is win!

In this thread, I very clearly say that I'm out of the energy brokering game, but I think some people just don't like to read, or they don't like to think while they read.

I didn't even bring up my dick, and the very fact that @Kak "brought up" my dick - if you think... hard about it - is kinda gay. lulz

Not that I'm a intolerant or anything; I just don't swing that way. Can't really tell why else you feel the need to show your a$$ in my thread. LMFAO

For the record, though, I am truly enjoying this right now because I truly do not give a FLYING F*ck what @Kak thinks or says, especially when he continues to falsely accuse me of spewing bullshit.

@Kak You're the one spewing bullshit, because you can't take the time to actually understand the posts you're replying to.

People got value from this thread before you forced it to become entertaining. :hurray:

@Kak I dedicate 0:58 - 1:05 of the below video to you:

This is an efficient use of energy.

I was actually thinking about some doubtin' a$$ haters while I did that.

@Kak

The gym I was at is full of fluorescent lights.

They need a retrofit.

How about you and me spar outside for 5 minutes (or five second, depending on what type of shape you're in), and the first guy to tap out gets the deal! :upyours:

@Potente

Funny thing about that leg press day is that I wasn't even planning on going to the gym that day.... HAHAH hence the street clothes.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am closing this thread as it has come completely off the rails. We don't generally fuel freak shows here, so you both get back to your neutral corners. You both have strengths that you bring to the forum. This shitshow of a muscle flexing contest showcased none of it.

Carry on. Separately.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007