The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5 Ways to Become a Self-Made Millionaire

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Congrats MJ. So will this turn out like the Amanda Hocking story where the money chasers hop on these lol? Maybe not since these are frameworks and not individual opportunities.

--Edited this after reading the comments below the article and I am fairly confident they wont lol; laughable. Its amazing how many people truly believe that they have no chance in life and financial independence is a myth.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just read some of the comments. I call that natural selection. There's a reason those folks are there, with the perspectives they have. There's a reason YOU are here, with the perspectives you have. And those two world views don't coexist.

Five years from now, most of those folks will still be there, working their same dead end jobs and complaining on message boards about how they never get any lucky breaks.

Not everyone is cut out for the heavy lifting required to think differently, act differently, and achieve a different outcome.

Sad view into some people's existence... sad because I already know the ending of their stories.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Dude! Congrats on getting more publicity!

Edit: Kind of a crappy write up in my opinion, but they say any publicity is good publicity, eh?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Easy on the Negative Commenters! Without them Who Would We Sell To?????? We need them!

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kind of a crappy write up in my opinion, but they say any publicity is good publicity, eh?

Yea, they took something pretty bland from my book -- there is so much more "interesting" and valuable things to take from it ...

vielera

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
California
Congrats on the publicity, must feel good after all the hard work! But wow...the comments are pathetic! Makes you want to comment back but it's pointless getting across to those kind of people.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Congrats on the write up MJ. You have certainly worked hard for this.:hurray:

dnice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Apr 28, 2011
Congrats MJ. Anyone who has read your book can clearly see that the majority of the commenters are sidewalkers and slowlaners who will never be successful. Hopefully some of those who read the article will read your book and wake up. Thanks.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Yea, they took something pretty bland from my book -- there is so much more "interesting" and valuable things to take from it ...

Exactly. Makes me wonder if he actually read the whole book or if he just picked a chapter he thought had an interesting title, read that one chapter, then made the write up.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Good: Stay Healthy , do not waste all your money on medications, hospitals, Doctors. Learn how to take care of yourself as early as possible. Learn to cook. Do not develop a lot of stupid habits. Drive safely, stay at home after dark. Learn to make a living in a indoor, safe job. Get outside in the sunshine every day. Save your money. Avoid credit and loans. Make good friends, spend time with positive people. Avoid toxic people, situations and drinks. Have fun.

Followed by Walleye, you make so much more sense than the article, lol

I agree with the health part but the rest sounds like no life I want to live. Call me reckless I guess but I prefer to jump off high things and go fast. I am currently living risk free in the city and cannot remember a time when I was this board. I cannot wait to have enough cash to go race a car at the track or jump off something this summer ( alittle afraid of the water quality around here might come out with a third nipple). You only live once.

Congrats MJ

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
They're just writers and they're broke. They don't have an understanding of what it is to be an entrepreneur and to think in those terms. I'm still happy for you.

Keep Rockin' It!

Chewy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
It amazes me how so many people can disagree, and even attempt to 'disprove' your techniques that obviously WORK, when they havn't made any headway with their own lifestyles.

Congrats on the recognition from Yahoo!

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
I really needed to find this thread. I'm around so many slowlaners and sidewalkers that it depresses me sometimes. Not that I'm happy about the negative comments you received on the Yahoo! article, MJ, but it's helpful to see that I'm not alone in all of this. I get negative feedback sometimes about FinancialBin.com or Entrepreneur Intervention and it just really bothers me.

I'm stuck at a slowlane job now and I'm working hard on my business to get out. My wife started writing articles for me as well -- she has a big interest in personal finance. We also plan to put together classes and materials. But, many times, I'm stuck at this job and it feels like it will never end. It feels like what we're doing isn't enough.

Then, I go over to my parents' house this past weekend and it's more of the same slowlane attitude and talk. I just need to see less of all these people.

The point of my rant here is -- I think reading this article/thread helped me in two ways. (1) It helped reassure me that I am on the right path and (2) that all of us here -- including MJ -- face negative backlash because of how different we think from most others.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.