- Joined
- Mar 20, 2013
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$190
$190
User Power: 240%
Hi guys,
Not sure where to start really. I wasn't that kid starting a lemonade stand or selling garbage bags door to door. As I got older I did get involved in a few money making gigs, but they were one offs and i have never built a sustainable business.
As a kid I did, however, have a constant yearning for success and channeled this desire into political aspirations. In school, I was that kid painting "Vote for Me" posters, driving around campus at midnight to put them up, shaking every hand I could, and collecting every email I could for my campaigns. I did extremely well in this arena, but when I graduated college I couldn't help but feeling like something was missing. I loved running and winning campaigns but hated all the senseless and inefficient political infighting that comes with holding office. Politics is supposed to be about the "good" of the people, however, I learned that it is more about getting into power and staying in power. As a politician if you're not in office you're out of a job.
So...I did what my parents told me to do and what society says you should do and got a job. Well, I hate working for someone else. I can't remember a day of work when I've given 100%. I give 60%-80% at most for a paycheck. If I'm going to be putting all I have into a project, I want freedom. I want to break this job cycle.
Anyway, I realize I have a lot of learning to do. I am a total white belt and I'm willing to go through the grind to learn what I have to learn. I'm going to have to remind myself that there is no magic pill. I want to channel that same spirit of putting my name on the line, but this time in money making ventures!
Thank you for letting me be a part of the forum.
Not sure where to start really. I wasn't that kid starting a lemonade stand or selling garbage bags door to door. As I got older I did get involved in a few money making gigs, but they were one offs and i have never built a sustainable business.
As a kid I did, however, have a constant yearning for success and channeled this desire into political aspirations. In school, I was that kid painting "Vote for Me" posters, driving around campus at midnight to put them up, shaking every hand I could, and collecting every email I could for my campaigns. I did extremely well in this arena, but when I graduated college I couldn't help but feeling like something was missing. I loved running and winning campaigns but hated all the senseless and inefficient political infighting that comes with holding office. Politics is supposed to be about the "good" of the people, however, I learned that it is more about getting into power and staying in power. As a politician if you're not in office you're out of a job.
So...I did what my parents told me to do and what society says you should do and got a job. Well, I hate working for someone else. I can't remember a day of work when I've given 100%. I give 60%-80% at most for a paycheck. If I'm going to be putting all I have into a project, I want freedom. I want to break this job cycle.
Anyway, I realize I have a lot of learning to do. I am a total white belt and I'm willing to go through the grind to learn what I have to learn. I'm going to have to remind myself that there is no magic pill. I want to channel that same spirit of putting my name on the line, but this time in money making ventures!
Thank you for letting me be a part of the forum.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
