The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2k/month before I finish school

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
It's been a while since I've posted here.

In the last year I've worked to keep the revenue from my affiliate sites about the same. It gives me 'passive' income and time.

I'm also still working for the two clients. It gives me good money and I've got a lot of freedom in the work I do. In addition it's work for a webshop, so I learn a lot.

In summer 2021, together with a friend, we took over a ecommerce business I talked about in my last post. We renewed the site but were not so excited about the products. The current products have a high sales price and are not unique or better than our competitors.
Next to that, we did not have a good feeling about the brand.

After learning about the business for half a year, in December 2021 we decided to rebrand the business and focus on creating a new product line with better products than our competitors.

We choose a new name and this week we'll get to see logo and corporate identity. Next month we hope to get the product samples from our supplier.

In the coming months, we'll purchase new stock and change the corporate identity. In July-August we hope to have the new products and we want to really scale the business.

From there we'll add more products to serve the same customer group.

With the takeover, I've got my business that meets the CENTS requirements. It's not that big at the moment (revenue about 2-6k/month), but it's scalable.

For now I'll keep working for the clients and keep my affiliate websites. The rest of the time I'll focus on the ecommerce business.
Why are you not monetizing some of the sites with ads? No info content?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gerrald

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Why are you not monetizing some of the sites with ads? No info content?

Most of my pages are 'Best product for xxx', so I don't want visitors to be distracted by display ads.

I think I make more with affiliate sales. Although actually, I should test ads too.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
Most of my pages are 'Best product for xxx', so I don't want visitors to be distracted by display ads.

I think I make more with affiliate sales. Although actually, I should test ads too.
Google keeps hammering on affiliate-only sites in every algorithm update, you may want to start publishing info content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.