The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

29-year-old millennial rips 25-year-old Yelp employee who got fired after complaining about her sala

Share your FTE moment...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
This is spot on.

Remember, everyone wants the cheddar. Nobody wants the trap.

For example, look at this image:

hqdefault.jpg

What would you do if you were in this situation?

---

---

---

--- If your initial thought is "I would try to make him lean over, bite his arm, try to escape "

---

---

You must realize that I've never said you couldn't be the aggressor in the picture (why would you assume that you should be the one being choked?).

---

---

It's not your fault, I don't know if it is social conditioning or pure human logic but we are like that most of us.

We obey, we take it in our stride, we endure. Until we realize the lie.

No it's your wording:

The guy choking him out is ALREADY doing something, so I logically assumed you meant the guy being choked.
And a secondary point being that "situation" in your context implies being in trouble, which the guy being choked is in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
This is the modern era.

I work for a corporation. One that provides excellent benefits, scales salaries to be at-or-above industry standards, work whatever hours you choose, a bible-sized book of courses for personal development, onsite nurse, unlimited sick days, unlimited budget for safety initiatives. This corporation, one of the biggest in North America, even does a corporate wide survey every 2 years to see where they can improve to make employees happy.

But every single day, the amount of vitriol I hear about this corporation from it's employees is jaw dropping. Even people who have been with the company for 30+ years are just shitting all over it.

The average employee is the story of complete and utter dissatisfaction. Being angry at your employer is ALOT easier than coming to terms with reality. The reality being that they traded their hopes/dreams/aspirations for the comfort of a bi-weekly paycheck. It's easier to complain about someone else than to look in the mirror and recognize your own shortcomings.

Bitching about what you don't have is easier than working your a$$ off to achieve what you want. Not taking ownership for your life is the modern day employee.

@AllenCrawley story about the hound on the nail sums it up nicely.

for all of you that are making posts like this, do you actually work at large corporations???

i actually do.

and yes, i do my job and I go home. I bitch about it with my colleagues on a daily basis.

but you know what i don't bitch about? I don't bitch about the work load. neither do my colleagues.

the only thing we bitch about is our immediate managers.... dead beat losers that don't know shit about shit, but because they are yes man, somehow, after working for the company for 10+ years, etc,etc, somehow found their way into management positions.

they are uneducated. lazy. dumb. incompetent managers.

can i do anything about it? no, I really cant... except for quit... but I need to stack more cash before I can do that. I need a fastlane endeavor, or a new thing all together before I can tell them to go fuk themselves.

SO, i talk shit about them to my colleagues.. we go out for drinks.. we talk shit about our managers together.. it's that simple. to relieve stress, get it off your chest. That's all..

So you sit their trying to act all high and mighty, that some how you know these people, when you really don't. When a shit head manager is being a shit head, YEA IT F*ckING SCUKS. and make no freaking illusion, that manager IS NOT PAYING ME, the corporation is - THANK F*ckING GOD because if my manager was writing the cheques, I would have quit or the company would have gone under. and the reality is, that dumb asss manager doesn't have the SKILL or the knowledge to MAKE any real money to actually CUT ME A CHEQUE.

That's what the problem is.

Im happy working hard for someone else and learning what I can, etc,etc. What im not happy about is a dumb a$$ loser in a management position making peoples life miserable.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
No it's your wording:

The guy choking him out is ALREADY doing something, so I logically assumed you meant the guy being choked.
And a secondary point being that "situation" in your context implies being in trouble, which the guy being choked is in.

Exactly. You assumed all of this.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
"sit there their trying to act all high and mighty"

If I made a nickel every time I heard a loser say that about "rich people" I would rich...

Truth is your just another negative nancy who wastes time with other negative nancies instead of working on creating something of value to sell to the world.

Your just another person stuck in the rat race bitching about their shit life...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
for all of you that are making posts like this, do you actually work at large corporations???

i actually do.

and yes, i do my job and I go home. I bitch about it with my colleagues on a daily basis.

but you know what i don't bitch about? I don't bitch about the work load. neither do my colleagues.

the only thing we bitch about is our immediate managers.... dead beat losers that don't know shit about shit, but because they are yes man, somehow, after working for the company for 10+ years, etc,etc, somehow found their way into management positions.

they are uneducated. lazy. dumb. incompetent managers.

can i do anything about it? no, I really cant... except for quit... but I need to stack more cash before I can do that. I need a fastlane endeavor, or a new thing all together before I can tell them to go fuk themselves.

SO, i talk shit about them to my colleagues.. we go out for drinks.. we talk shit about our managers together.. it's that simple. to relieve stress, get it off your chest. That's all..

So you sit their trying to act all high and mighty, that some how you know these people, when you really don't. When a shit head manager is being a shit head, YEA IT F*ckING SCUKS. and make no freaking illusion, that manager IS NOT PAYING ME, the corporation is - THANK F*ckING GOD because if my manager was writing the cheques, I would have quit or the company would have gone under. and the reality is, that dumb asss manager doesn't have the SKILL or the knowledge to MAKE any real money to actually CUT ME A CHEQUE.

That's what the problem is.

Im happy working hard for someone else and learning what I can, etc,etc. What im not happy about is a dumb a$$ loser in a management position making peoples life miserable.

I used to bitch with coworkers, now i stick my earphones as deep in my ear as i can to drown out their frankly boring as all hell commentary. I hate being around them at work, so i just try to focus on working on my business.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
RANT INCOMING

So... I am a former slow laner. I took on about 55k in student loan debt to fund my 5 years of college, and had to take out a little bit to pay for grad school. Grad school was mostly funded by grants, though. So the bulk of that was from undergraduate.

I landed a 6 figure job at Intel and started paying down my debt. Then I got laid off. I didn't whine like a little bitch.

Even though I've been laid off, I've been paying it down every single month. I haven't missed one. F*cking. payment.

My wife even offered to pay it off outright, but i refused.

Why?

Because that's MY debt. I took it on, knowing full well what it meant.

I own it, period. I will pay it off and I will be a better man for it.

People that make shit choices and expect other people to pick up the slack make me sick.

/Rant

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I used to bitch with coworkers, now i stick my earphones as deep in my ear as i can to drown out their frankly boring as all hell commentary. I hate being around them at work, so i just try to focus on working on my business.

my squad and I talk shit about management, doesn't mean that's all we talk about. but yeah, deep bro.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
my squad and I talk shit about management, doesn't mean that's all we talk about. but yeah, deep bro.

lol sadly my boss is the best analyst in the department and he's mostly chill so i can't complain about management.

I can only complain about my own youthful ignorance which ended me up at an office job career path...

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
lol sadly my boss is the best analyst in the department and he's mostly chill so i can't complain about management.

I can only complain about my own youthful ignorance which ended me up at an office job career path...
not all managers suck

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015

Look, I did not make this shit up. It was an experiment that my psychology teacher in college did to show that people show natural compassion for people who are distress. They seldom see themselves as the aggressor. Think of all the friends you made at your job just because you saw them get chewed off by the boss. You made friends with your collegues, not the boss. That would be considered asskissing.

It reminds me the story of Kiyosaki when his rich dad tells him: You're the only one that came to ask me how to make money. None of my employees ever did.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Look, I did not make this shit up. It was an experiment that my psychology teacher in college did to show that people show natural compassion for people who are distress. They seldom see themselves as the aggressor. Think of all the friends you made at your job just because you saw them get chewed off by the boss. You made friends with your collegues, not the boss. That would be considered asskissing.

It reminds me the story of Kiyosaki when his rich dad tells him: You're the only one that came to ask me how to make money. None of my employees ever did.

i just think the wording isn't neutral enough in the example. I get what ur saying though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.