The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

27 year old from Singapore

Wendy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 1, 2013
Singapore
Hi everyone! :)

I'm a 27 year old from Singapore. I've read MJ's book, and many others on Kindle too (basically trying to go through as many books as possible). I loved MJ's book the most (by far) and I've been reading the forum without registering for a while now. I love the atmosphere here. :)

Before this year, I was still living with my parents (here people don't move out at 18), who have been hardcore Slowlaners for life and take every chance to remind me that a business is DANGEROUS and to NEVER consider it and that I will go BANKRUPT if I do try.

I am now married (to a husband fully supportive of my beliefs) and finally have my own home (a small 3-bedroom apartment of 1000sqft). Unfortunately homes are really expensive here compared to other parts of the world, and my newfound independence comes with a $1.8K monthly/30 years mortgage.

But I have to say, a mortgage isn't as shackling/preventive as naggy discouraging parents! 6 months into moving in, I am now on the edge of starting my business. Registered the name, started a corporate bank account, website up (but not completely ready yet). Now I'm just short of the equipment which I will be ordering on 4 Apr (this Thursday!!).

I am so excited yet I am also doubtful about my own success, as bad as that sounds. Oh well, the worst that could happen is that my business utterly fails and I go back to being a 9-5 employee, which I'm doing now anyway!

And to apply what I've learnt... I shall try to provide some value or meet someone's need here! Singapore is located in Asia and well-connected by freight/air to most locations in Asia. So I probably have access to products/services not commonly found in Western countries. Laksa paste anyone? Also I speak and write English and Chinese on a native level which sounds useful though I'm not sure how. Oh and I have a Bachelor in Accountancy so I can read financial statements, do accounts and all that jazz.

If there's any way I can help anyone make money while making some myself too, do let me know! I might not be able to help but maybe there's a chance we can work something out!

Once again thanks for reading. I'm glad to be able to share my story here and look forward to exploring this forum further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wadza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 8, 2011
The good thing is you are in Singapore, which is rated as one of the most business-friendly countries in the world :)

I like Singapore, I fly thru on my way to Bangkok and back. Went through those awesome gardens behind the Marina Bay Sands last time. Pretty cool energy about the place.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Welcome, Wendy! I look forward to hearing more about your business. Will you be focusing on the Singapore market or exporting?

Wendy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 1, 2013
Singapore
Welcome, Wendy! I look forward to hearing more about your business. Will you be focusing on the Singapore market or exporting?

My business will be an online art gallery, selling artwork printed on canvas. For now, I will be focusing on the Singapore market, since art is bulky, I haven't figured out how I can provide the products globally within a reasonable time frame, while maintaining my margin.

But of course one day I hope that it will expand. Perhaps through collaboration with people in similar businesses in other countries? Hmm no idea yet but I'll take it one step at a time and see how it goes.

Thanks for your welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wendy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 1, 2013
Singapore
The good thing is you are in Singapore, which is rated as one of the most business-friendly countries in the world

I like Singapore, I fly thru on my way to Bangkok and back. Went through those awesome gardens behind the Marina Bay Sands last time. Pretty cool energy about the place.

Thanks for your warm welcome and nice comments about Singapore! The gardens are beautiful aren't they. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...