The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

24M , quitting everything and working 2days per week

Idea threads

Business4Life

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 18, 2024
Hello everyone,

I really need some advice. What would you have done in my situation?

I started businesses that worked well for a while, then I closed them to start studying.
My studies were disastrous, I hate this lifestyle of learning useless things (I took business at university), people who drink and who don't want more in life.

I couldn't bear going from entrepreneur to that, so I quit.

Now I work in a rich European country, two days a week for about $2,000 a month as a salesman. The two days are stuck together, which allows me to have the week off and travel to the cheaper countries around (France, Germany, etc.).

My question is, I don't want to end up a salesman for the rest of my life: what should I do?

I'm pretty good at programming, but it's not a passion.
I just want to do business, but I'm afraid it'll never get off the ground and I'll end up as a salesman.

What would you have done?

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Start a business in your free time. If you have this much free time, then you have the opportunity to do it.

Or do nothing and spend the rest of your life regretting it.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Sales are the lifeblood of a business, especially your own.

Worrying about staying a salesman is like worrying you'll stay in business.

Enjoy the travel but also utilize this time where your horsepower is high!

Have you read any of MJs books?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Hello everyone,

I really need some advice. What would you have done in my situation?

I started businesses that worked well for a while, then I closed them to start studying.
My studies were disastrous, I hate this lifestyle of learning useless things (I took business at university), people who drink and who don't want more in life.

I couldn't bear going from entrepreneur to that, so I quit.

Now I work in a rich European country, two days a week for about $2,000 a month as a salesman. The two days are stuck together, which allows me to have the week off and travel to the cheaper countries around (France, Germany, etc.).

My question is, I don't want to end up a salesman for the rest of my life: what should I do?

I'm pretty good at programming, but it's not a passion.
I just want to do business, but I'm afraid it'll never get off the ground and I'll end up as a salesman.

What would you have done?

Thanks in advance!

I get panic attacks even thinking about having 5 free days a week! Its a luxury!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
Just curious, what sort of sales do you do? I am in search of a co-founder for my business with a great scope for passive income. I tried the normal route of hiring sales people who were salaried, most of them had only an "employee mindset", and were always trying to "bill me" for their time whereas my offering was more of a partnership. Long story short, they failed and I ended up losing money. I don't mind spending because I feel I am still in my learning phase. In any case, I am curious what sort of sales do you do?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Stop taking so many days off and get to work on something lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.