The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I take a delivery job and working on start up

beniman8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 4, 2017
CA
So here is my story , while I was in college I had a few ideas for a start up and decide to pursuit one of them full time the day I graduated (last summer ) . I posted an ad on kijiji to find a developer still in college that was willing to work for equity . So we started to develop the idea, as I went to market it using the website meetups. Many people told me they were interested and I even got to present my idea in front of a 150 people . So 3 months after working with the developer he introduced me 2 of his other friends who wanted in on the project .so I decided to give each 5 percent equity and I was going to increase it when the project ended.they all agreed and started working on the app. The app was mostly brainstormed by me **I'm an electrical engineer with minor software experience**. All the app dev team had to do is follow my blue prints and finish the product. But it got to a point where we would meet up and they will add their own features because they thought it would make the app better/perfect wich took them more time other than focusing on the basic app .I decided we needed more funding so I took a job for three month to make around 20k to help us.but I had to move away like 5 hours away . I put.my trust on the guys that they will have the app done. By the time I came back they had nothing but a bunch of excuses and the app was no where near done . Some started complaining they are no making any money.To make it easier I took some of the money I made and paid a profesional freelancer to build half the app so that the guys could continue on to of it just to find out they did not understand the complexity of the new code . So I decided to let go of the team and take back the shares of the company. I have an idea now half built and no more money . I was wondering what would you guys do .

Sorry for my English in advance . I'm french

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
So here is my story , while I was in college I had a few ideas for a start up and decide to pursuit one of them full time the day I graduated (last summer ) . I posted an ad on kijiji to find a developer still in college that was willing to work for equity . So we started to develop the idea, as I went to market it using the website meetups. Many people told me they were interested and I even got to present my idea in front of a 150 people . So 3 months after working with the developer he introduced me 2 of his other friends who wanted in on the project .so I decided to give each 5 percent equity and I was going to increase it when the project ended.they all agreed and started working on the app. The app was mostly brainstormed by me **I'm an electrical engineer with minor software experience**. All the app dev team had to do is follow my blue prints and finish the product. But it got to a point where we would meet up and they will add their own features because they thought it would make the app better/perfect wich took them more time other than focusing on the basic app .I decided we needed more funding so I took a job for three month to make around 20k to help us.but I had to move away like 5 hours away . I put.my trust on the guys that they will have the app done. By the time I came back they had nothing but a bunch of excuses and the app was no where near done . Some started complaining they are no making any money.To make it easier I took some of the money I made and paid a profesional freelancer to build half the app so that the guys could continue on to of it just to find out they did not understand the complexity of the new code . So I decided to let go of the team and take back the shares of the company. I have an idea now half built and no more money . I was wondering what would you guys do .

Sorry for my English in advance . I'm french

oh sweety it looks like you got scammed they used up your money and never did nothing to help out, im glad you cut your losses and hopefully next time you wont get people with no experience, as for a job is there any way you could do some flipping of items for profit that would be a lot faster than using your time for money

beniman8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 4, 2017
CA
oh sweety it looks like you got scammed they used up your money and never did nothing to help out, im glad you cut your losses and hopefully next time you wont get people with no experience, as for a job is there any way you could do some flipping of items for profit that would be a lot faster than using your time for money
Yeah I was looking into car flipping or even item flipping but that is also time consuming

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
Could you pm me the app. I might be able to help. I'll gladly sign an nda.

coder4life

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 4, 2017
China
As a long time developer, I would say, "do not start writing one single line of code until you have all the details thought out". Writing code is expensive, and rewriting code is even more costly. It is better to have the complete wireframe and get it reviewed over and make sure it is at least sound on paper, and then you can start writing code.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.