The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

24 year old from UK living in Peru

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
Hi all,

Just thought I would drop an intro on this forum. I'm 24 from the UK and currently living in Peru teaching English online. I just finished reading the 2 books and I have been thinking in this way for some time now. I graduated from university with a degree in Accounting and since then I have worked for a Big 4 accounting firm (hated it), got a job as an intern working for great money in New York City on Wall Street (ironic right; also hated it). Returned home and worked with my friend in his start up in the UK (great business, extremely fastlane and he is 24 and almost a millionaire at this point) however I didn't feel right working FOR a friend of mine as I wanted to do my own thing (I was an employee). Looking for other opportunities outside of the traditional corporate world I set up a dropshipping company selling shit products from China (although interesting, it felt wrong and I felt it wasn't the right business for me as I wasn't really doing anything of value or contributing value to anyone's life, so I closed down the site (nothing gained, nothing lost). Decided to get a TEFL certificate to teach English abroad and that brings me to where I am now. I taught in a school for 6 months (500 dollars a month) and decided to change to online teaching ($1500 a month) and while living in Peru this is very comfortable. I realize that I am very fortunate. I live in a cheap country, make good money for the cost of living, work only 3 hours per day, 6 days per week (5-8am), I have no debt, and around £12,000 GBP in savings. I have done a number of things in my life to go against the curve including: ditching the high paid corporate world in search of something more fulfilling; quitting alcohol as it stopped providing any value to my life; moving to another country to learn the language and teach English. Although my current job provides great opportunities for travel and working from home for a few hours per day, I am not passionate about teaching. Starting my own fastlane business is the next step and I am starting to look for needs and opportunities. One thing I noticed while not drinking was the lack of drinking options for non drinkers in bars and clubs (Yes I still go out) so an adult non-alcoholic drinks company was what I was looking at. This is just an example of one idea as I have changed my mindset to solving problems as opposed to selling shit from China to make a quick buck.

If anyone has any good places to start on the journey (courses to learn new skills etc) or any general advice for someone in my position I would love to hear from you. I won't be very active on the forum as I have recently changed my digital habits after reading a book by Cal Newport called "Digital Minimalism" (highly recommend this read as well as his other book "Deep Work"). I will probably check in once per week.

Appreciate any feedback from people who are taking ACTION on this path!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Do you have LinkedIn?

In terms of what you've posted, you'll be a millionaire if you get into the right market with a good product & support. I've known one other person who has the same chutzpah and they're doing very well.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
Yes I find that problem in bars at daytime too. Sometimes I just don't like drinking Coke, I don't like the pulp, I don't like all the sugar in drinks, coffee will stain my teeth in the long run and water is well, water.

It really sounds funny when I put this into writing, but I don't have a go to drink and always switch because of the stuff I just listed.

Dude if you can solve this problem you're a billionaire.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
There’s lots of non alcoholic “beers” available in most bars now. Heineken do one, San Miguel etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
Thanks for all the kind welcomes to the forum. I have started the process by dis-investing from my original investment portfolio as it did not provide any income only the principle investment was growing or decreasing. I have finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted and will now read the Notable and Gold threads in order to get started on the process. Step by Step and no rushing the process. It feels like have I have found something really worthwhile in these books and in the forum and now it is time to methodically take the action required to live these new beliefs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...