Hello everyone,
I recently joined the forum, so I guess an introduction is in order!
My name is Fil, and I am a 24 y/o guy currently working as a financial consultant in Boston and Dallas. I am handing in my resignation this week to pursue entrepreneurship full time!
A friend introduced me to TMF after graduating from college, but I decided to take a regular job in order to pay off student loans and build a small nest egg for living expenses. It's been almost 3 years since I read TMF for the first time, so taking the plunge has been long overdue.
I am excited for this transition, but I am definitely a little nervous for the inevitable low points of entrepreneurship. However, the way I see it, I'm only getting older, so I want to take a risk now to potentially live a very exciting life in the near future.
I have had several business ideas over the past 3 years, but haven't pursued any due to a combination of long work hours (sometime 80+ per week), analysis paralysis, and general fear of taking the plunge.
I have yet to decide how I will provide value to others. I am currently deciding between pursuing a data-subscription service for professionals in my field (a past client indicated that he would find value in a SOAP web service for a specific type of financial data ) or starting a drone services company to aid municipalities with inspections.
Thanks for taking a look at my intro (hope that wasn't too long!), and hope to talk with more of you soon!
-Fil
I recently joined the forum, so I guess an introduction is in order!
My name is Fil, and I am a 24 y/o guy currently working as a financial consultant in Boston and Dallas. I am handing in my resignation this week to pursue entrepreneurship full time!
A friend introduced me to TMF after graduating from college, but I decided to take a regular job in order to pay off student loans and build a small nest egg for living expenses. It's been almost 3 years since I read TMF for the first time, so taking the plunge has been long overdue.
I am excited for this transition, but I am definitely a little nervous for the inevitable low points of entrepreneurship. However, the way I see it, I'm only getting older, so I want to take a risk now to potentially live a very exciting life in the near future.
I have had several business ideas over the past 3 years, but haven't pursued any due to a combination of long work hours (sometime 80+ per week), analysis paralysis, and general fear of taking the plunge.
I have yet to decide how I will provide value to others. I am currently deciding between pursuing a data-subscription service for professionals in my field (a past client indicated that he would find value in a SOAP web service for a specific type of financial data ) or starting a drone services company to aid municipalities with inspections.
Thanks for taking a look at my intro (hope that wasn't too long!), and hope to talk with more of you soon!
-Fil
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
