The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey there :) Quit the "well paying" software engineer job to pursue entrepreneurship.

Irshad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Jul 17, 2020
Colombo
Hi all, my name is Irshad. I'm turning 25 this year.

It is great to finally be part of the forum. Thank @MJ DeMarco for creating this community.

Two weeks ago (30th June) was my last day at a corporate job. This was the best job I could get in my country (Sri Lanka). I was a Software Engineer in one of the biggest middleware software giants with 500+ engineers. They have a great salary, a gym, pool table, food, even a snooze room (if you feel like shit and want to take a nap). Not easy to get into, I had to pass 7 interviews even with a first-class degree. But working for someone else always bugged me.

I guess you can say I was always attracted to the "unscripted " lifestyle (Though I never called it that way) - I quit my job before reading MJ's books. And the books made me realize I made the right call and helped me fill in a whole bunch of things I wasn't aware of.

Currently working on building a "SAAS". I am competent developer - but I may lack skills when it comes to marketing, sales, etc. Looking forward to learning from all of you, and contribute to the forum whenever I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
Currently working on building a "SAAS". I am competent developer - but I may lack skills when it comes to marketing, sales, etc. Looking forward to learning from all of you, and contribute to the forum whenever I can.
Have you validated your business idea with users that are willing to pay when you ship a beta, or is it an improvement on some existing SaaS?

Irshad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Jul 17, 2020
Colombo
Have you validated your business idea with users that are willing to pay when you ship a beta, or is it an improvement on some existing SaaS?
It is an improvement over an existing saas. I've also talked with people who are willing to pay (customers of the existing saas).

The competitor is not "huge" - (it is a one-man saas). I think I can take him out if I execute well (better product, better pricing).

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I just read today the founder of gmail was a software engineer.
Go go go!

And welcome!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the intro, software engineering is an awesome skill to go Fastlane!

JonathanMiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Apr 4, 2020
Israel
Good luck! Respect the fact you quit a well-paying job as a software developer. I'm myself a developer and it's very hard for me to do what you did. Gives me a bit of inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...