The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 year old finally awakened

rawvegan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
I am glad I found this site. When I read MJ's story there were numerous things I could relate to and automatically found my place.

I am 23 currently working a job in customer service. Did business in university. Have gone from job to job, from venture to venture and never really done much with the ventures. Only up to the planning process, or failed to go further after a few months in network marketing.

I have been reading lots about successful people and listening to audio and videos.

I had my awakening to our reality and my purpose. Thanks to davidicke.com I was able to realize that we live in a self created prison and allow others to control us by only the words we express.

I have started putting a vision board in my room, on my site (look at my profile for the link), gratitude journal i write in twice a day, an organization chart for a business, a jar system for savings.

I have put in a lot of time into my blog which originated at get out of the matrix dot come and will be transforming that to my new site. I think now I need to write down my goals, what i want for myself, my vision, a plan and what i want to be good at.

One thing I have been wondering about is, if my job makes me so unhappy, does it make sense to quit? I live at home with minimal expenses.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome !!

I don't think you should quit your day job right away. You should stay there and use all the extra money you have on any business ventures you come up with instead of being strapped for cash when the time comes to invest in your ideas. just my 2 cents lol..... hope you enjoy it here!!

rawvegan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
Welcome !!

I don't think you should quit your day job right away. You should stay there and use all the extra money you have on any business ventures you come up with instead of being strapped for cash when the time comes to invest in your ideas. just my 2 cents lol..... hope you enjoy it here!!

Well thank you for your reply. I have thought about it quite a bit and came up with options.

Quit and find temporary or part time work
Quit but have a plan of what to do such as a business start up or something to smooth the transition.

any thoughts?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Nice to see some Canadians on board. Welcome.

rawvegan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
Thank you for the links Runum.

Thanks Bilgefisher, we gotta show the world what we are made up. :icon_super:
Actually, my nationality is polish, but I am also a citizen here for over 14 years and love living here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the board! As for the question, I wouldn't quit your job unless your business had the ability to pay your expenses.

You can't grow a business when you're out on the street homeless and hungry.

Understand however, that your business, and its growth, is the ticket out of that crap job and into Fastlane opportunities.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
:Welcome:

I'm in the same boat of being employed and wanting to break free, not necessarily that I hate my job, I just hate the prospect of working hard to make someone else rich(as well as some of the corporate b.s. that comes with the territory- i.e. hierarchies, effort numbers and benefits being cut).

Thankfully there is a forum like this that gives youngsters like us daily motivation to do our due diligence so we don't have to depend on "the man", get comfortable in corporate America(or Canada in your case) and end up stuck in the rat-race for another 5, 10, 20, 40+ years.

Also I know that there are a few other Canadians on here including RichKid who's even younger than us and is a pretty active contributor!

rawvegan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
Well yes, these forums are awesome and I am glad we have them. I am even more glad we have the internet and are able to exchange such large amounts of info.

I think my motivation comes from just going through life and seeing how what I am doing now, is not good enough for me.

:Welcome:

I'm in the same boat of being employed and wanting to break free, not necessarily that I hate my job, I just hate the prospect of working hard to make someone else rich(as well as some of the corporate b.s. that comes with the territory- i.e. hierarchies, effort numbers and benefits being cut).

Thankfully there is a forum like this that gives youngsters like us daily motivation to do our due diligence so we don't have to depend on "the man", get comfortable in corporate America(or Canada in your case) and end up stuck in the rat-race for another 5, 10, 20, 40+ years.

Also I know that there are a few other Canadians on here including RichKid who's even younger than us and is a pretty active contributor!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
One thing I have been wondering about is, if my job makes me so unhappy, does it make sense to quit? I live at home with minimal expenses.

What do you think?

What kind of job do you have? Do you find that you get alot of thinking done while at work? Sometimes I wish I had a desk job again. Because I can sit there and brainstorm about my life and investments and still get paid!!!

rawvegan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
I work in a call center, and it has been busy for a while now so I get maybe like a minute between calls to think, which isn't a lot.

What kind of job do you have? Do you find that you get alot of thinking done while at work? Sometimes I wish I had a desk job again. Because I can sit there and brainstorm about my life and investments and still get paid!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...