The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 year old Hongkonger committed to living life in the fastlane

blestd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 7, 2020
Hong Kong
2nd post (didn't know there was an introductions thread), and I wanted to say thank you again to MJ for his two books. I've read both of them, with TMF shifting my thinking in a new direction and Unscripted (just finished yesterday) bringing about a desperation in me that I had to take action, which I'm starting today! Thank you also to this Forum for providing more fuel to the fire. Hope to see all of us achieve the Fast Lane soon!

As for who I am, I'm a 23-year-old currently working as an analyst programmer. I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with no honours (low GPA) haha. All my life I've went with the flow, barely passing classes due to my previous mentality of "don't work too hard so you'll have an excuse if you're mediocre". Just doing enough projects to pad my CV. Just doing enough to stay at my job. Just doing enough to be... mediocre.

I wasn't completely into the Slowlane life though mindset-wise. When I was a kid, I knew that I wanted to get out of the rat race but my actions didn't follow. I kept on with the script society gave me.I kept putting it off, kept making excuses; "after I graduate" or "when I've saved up enough". Well, I've graduated and I have accumulated a good amount of savings because I naturally don't spend on "useless" things (fancy clothes, gadgets etc.). Living with my parents rent-free was huge as well. So what changed?

Ironically, it was a YouTube video (which btw I was on a lot before due to mental masturbation of "self-improvement" and "entrepreneurship") by James Jani (The Untold Truth About Money: How to Build Wealth From Nothing) that propelled me on this path. He too read TMF and started his YouTube channel making videos because of it. So I read it as well, and wow. It was an incredible shift in thinking for me.

But what really pushed me into action was MJ's second book, Unscripted . The first 2 parts of the book put me in desperation. I had to stop reading because of it. I felt a shortness of breath; a feeling of entrapment filled my lungs. Thoughts of myself at 65 years old still working at a 9-5 job salivating for retirement, hoping a government payout in the form of an MPF pension scheme (401k equivalent of Hong Kong) would all be worth it. Nope. This is not the life I wanted to live. This is not the future I wanted for myself. It was then I knew: "it was time." There were no more excuses to be made, no more self-help books to read. I have to go. I have to commit. Now.

So here I am in this forum because of that commitment. The commitment to be obsessed. The commitment to get free or die trying. The commitment to not just trust the process but to DO the process and LOVE it.

That's enough of the motivational BS haha. Time to work. See you all soon in the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...