The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 Year Old Author looking to scale his business

RynoRych

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 29, 2016
Sydney Australia
Hi All,

I am 23 years old a Master of IT student at University of Sydney.

I have recently written a book and recorded my Audiobook but am struggling with sales. Is there anyway I can scale my business?

Kind Regards,
Neil

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
Hi All,

I have recently written a book and recorded my Audiobook but am struggling with sales. Is there anyway I can scale my business?

Kind Regards,
Neil
Welcome! ;-)

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi All,

I am 23 years old and haven't used the search function of this website before.

I have recently written a book and recorded my Audiobook but am struggling with how i'm about to get my butt chewed out. Is there anyway I can provide value to you guys first before asking for k thanks bye questions?

Kind Regards,
Neil

In all seriousness, you have one post asking for knowledge that's already abundant on the forum. Just search for any thread relevant to self publishing and you'll find all you need i'm sure.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
Hi All,

Kind Regards,
Neil

Welcome Neil,

You can try Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Amazon Kindle or Audible to distribute your work.

The book 'Write. Publish. Repeat: The No-Luck Guide to Self-Publishing Success' by Johhny B.Truant and Sean Platt gives a comprehensive overview in launching a successful self-publishing business.

It contains strategies for both fiction and non-fiction. Marketing and distributing are also included. The book is filled with gems. Give it a read.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi!

1) There are multiple ways to scale your business and all of them can be easily found online without any specific knowledge.
2) I hope you have deep pockets, because from what I know you need a lot of money to kick-off book sales.
3) A proper introduction could have been a nice way of beginning your question.

Good luck with your business and enjoy the forum!

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Hi All,

Kind Regards,
Neil

Give the first few chapters (or the entire e-book) away for free, in return for an email to build a mailing list.

Sell the audio book for a price. Use the list to partner with others in your niche to promote their products for affiliate commission (software, seminars etc)

K-Town

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 21, 2016
Have you considered doing some sort of speaking engagements? You may have to start off speaking for free at first, but people will get to know you. Also, if people are there you already know they're interested in what you're speaking on. I don't know what your book is about, but I'm sure you can find groups who share similar interests. By doing this there is a chance to offer a service, which is speaking on something you're knowledgeable on, as well as selling your product/book. With the engagements comes word of mouth. When that begins happening it can be impactful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...