The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 and New Here.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Hi! My name is Jak, and I'm a 21 year old going to the University of West Florida.

A while back, my Dad bought me a copy of Think and Grow Rich. I read through it a few times and searched out other books with similar information. Eventually I found The Millionaire Fastlane and read it in a day or two. It has really helped solidify my mindset, and it gave me the practical knowledge I needed.

My current goal is to have an income of at least $1m annually before I turn twenty-seven. I am completely against the notion that we humans are supposed to give away all our time just to live on pennies.

To be honest, I am not entirely sure how I intend to get there. Right now, I'm working on a Photo Art website that will bring me residual income, but I know it isn't fastlane material. I just want it to replace my job so that I can have more time to work on my fastlane business.

I look forward to meeting some of you and hearing everything you have to say.

~ Jak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Hahah, thanks. I'm currently going through some of the newest posts and I'll work my way back from there.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thank you! I just read MJ's article "7 Steps That Will Radically Change Your Life...", and I found it very inspiring.
I've downloaded the worksheet, and I deleted my video games from my computer because they were my biggest time stealer.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@Jak - welcome to the forum! You'll learn a lot here!

I deleted my video games from my computer because they were my biggest time stealer.

Mine was the "Injustice" in my phone. :D

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thank you. I'm definitely considering spending some of my savings to buy an INSIDERS pass. I've already read the book and I'm serious about earning my freedom.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@Jak - good luck on your quest! People are here to guide you and give you support when needed.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thank you! I've gotta say, I'm already pretty astounded by the response I've gotten on this thread. I've never really joined any forums before, and I guess I just wasn't really expecting much response.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Welcome!

If you didn't see that post yet, it could be a nice starter for you. For me it was very inspiring: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/com...that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thanks, I had actually skimmed that thread before, but I'll give it a more thorough read now.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Thank you! I just read MJ's article "7 Steps That Will Radically Change Your Life...", and I found it very inspiring.
I've downloaded the worksheet, and I deleted my video games from my computer because they were my biggest time stealer.
Welcome!
I am 21 years old aswell. Also have deleted games. Multiple times, sometimes I play for a day once a year but then again I am like: NO and delete. :=)

The easiest solution is just to delete it.

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
Welcome to the forum Jak. You are in the right forum to begin your fastlane journey. We are all in this together. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of help in any way.

Goodluck.

Vitaliy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 21, 2014
Destin, Florida
Hi! My name is Jak, and I'm a 21 year old going to the University of West Florida.

A while back, my Dad bought me a copy of Think and Grow Rich. I read through it a few times and searched out other books with similar information. Eventually I found The Millionaire Fastlane and read it in a day or two. It has really helped solidify my mindset, and it gave me the practical knowledge I needed.

My current goal is to have an income of at least $1m annually before I turn twenty-seven. I am completely against the notion that we humans are supposed to give away all our time just to live on pennies.

To be honest, I am not entirely sure how I intend to get there. Right now, I'm working on a Photo Art website that will bring me residual income, but I know it isn't fastlane material. I just want it to replace my job so that I can have more time to work on my fastlane business.

I look forward to meeting some of you and hearing everything you have to say.

~ Jak
Whats up Jak, I live here in Gulf Breeze, Florida and own Pensacola Web Solutions :) Wish you luck on your journey!

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
Welcome @Jak! Just keep taking action on getting the freedom you want man. I just recently graduated college with a engineering degree and most of what I learned (book knowledge) I will never use in life. But I had fun and appreciated the experience I gotten in college the most though. So enjoy your years in college man and keep working on taking action on your goals towards freedom so you don't have to rely on a 9-5 job.

I'm new to this forum as well and I read TMF book a few months ago right after I read Think and Grow Rich. All I have to say is that TMF gave me a whole new mindset and perspective on life and business. I enjoy seeing young entrepreneurs as yourself and I that are trying to make that transition and get the freedom we want while providing a value to people.

Just keep it up and we'll all have the freedom and wealth that MJ has. Its fun and great to have that fastlane mindest :happy:

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
@Vitaliy Awesome! It's pretty cool to know there are locals here.

@snowbank I'll be honest, I'm not really sure yet. I love photography, but I also know that going fastlane isn't usually about doing what you love. I'm okay with that. My passion is gaining the freedom to live my life and share it with others. When I come up with a more concrete idea of what my plan is, I'll post it, but I guess I'm here to figure that part out.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
@snowbank I'll be honest, I'm not really sure yet. I love photography, but I also know that going fastlane isn't usually about doing what you love. I'm okay with that. My passion is gaining the freedom to live my life and share it with others. When I come up with a more concrete idea of what my plan is, I'll post it, but I guess I'm here to figure that part out.

why not figure out a service that photographers need?

i looked into doing a lead gen site for wedding photographers a while back. during my due diligence, it seemed a big need for photographers was a better calendar/booking system than what existed. i didn't get into that space, but if you can solve whatever need that was in the space, it'd be a pretty easy niche to make a lot with.

$30/month x 1,000 paying customers = $30k/month, which if automated could probably get you a $1m valuation.

1m % $360k = 2.78 multiple

There's like a gazillion photographers— just figure out what they need that's not being offered well enough yet.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thanks for the advice! I know a few people who do wedding photography, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to talk to me about it.

Cabaret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 25, 2014
Hi, Jak! (I'm also in the 21-club!) Best of luck to you in your business endeavors. :)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
In the mean time, hit the hustle and craigslist threads and start selling. No greater skill that you could have, no matter which path or plan you decide to take. Will also help you make contacts and connections with people that will later open up additional paths and plans.

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Thanks to both of you, and good luck to you as well @Cabaret

@ZCP What do you suggest I look for? I haven't ever really done sales. I'm very outgoing, so I'm not afraid of it all, but where do you suggest I should begin to look for inventory? Or do you mean I should look to buy items and resell them at a higher price?

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Wow! Really, really great stuff there. I'm excited! Can't wait to flip some items :D

Last edited:

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
Welcome Jak, this year I turn 21 too.

I did this too a few months ago. 1by1, at the moment I have 0 PC games ! And I'm reaaaly proud of myself !

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
It's a pretty good feeling. I've begun to realize just how much video games are designed to placate people and make us so content with our meager situations. "I may be financially struggling in real life, but by golly, I'm the richest space captain on asteroid nine."

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Jak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 20, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Awesome! Thanks again. I actually spent quite a few hours last night browsing CL and comparing prices to Amazon. People around here want so much for their cracked ipads! No matter, I'll find my niche.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...