The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20yo from Poland looking to start something

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Hello,

I’m 20 years old from Poland, recently joined the forum and introduced myself, but didn’t get many responses. So I decided to create my own execution thread and look for help here.

After about 2 years of inaction and faking action I’d like to finally start doing something, and maybe this forum will be my first step.

I’m looking for ideas to start my business/making money on my own. I’ve read lots of threads here and didn’t find anything for myself. Like I said in my introduction, I don’t have much money to start with, just the willing to work hard.

If you have any advice for me, I’ll be very grateful. Hopefully I won’t end up like the other guy on this forum that was askholing.

I’m looking forward to your responses, I’ll make sure to answer as fast as possible. Have a great day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
czesc

that might be a start, i like the idea of the beer glasses or angels, you might even be able to make them yourself and get your hands dirty learning the art of sales and marketing.

cold calling, door knocking, sending out flyers, emails, maybe even street selling, social media marketing and my personal favorite.......

rejection and failure :clench:

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
czesc

that might be a start, i like the idea of the beer glasses or angels, you might even be able to make them yourself and get your hands dirty learning the art of sales and marketing.

cold calling, door knocking, sending out flyers, emails, maybe even street selling, social media marketing and my personal favorite.......

rejection and failure :clench:

Cześć!

That idea with glasses is interesting, I will check more on that and try to look after something else.

Thanks a lot for that.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Hey, @Furles!

What's the question you want answered? What's the problem you want to solve?

Welcome to the forums!
Hello Fid,

atm I’m looking for ideas for my own product that I could sell. Idk if there’s a specific question that I’d like to get answered. If you could give me any advice on how to find a product or any idea for a product, then I think that would be helpful atm.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Update: I spent some time thinking of ideas for products and I decided to change my plan.

I want to make some money first. My first goal is to make 1000$/month and now I'm looking for ways to make it happen. Currently I'm interested in web designing and social media marketing. I want to make this 1000$ as fast as possible.

What do you think?
Is it doable if I'm starting from scratch?
What are the other ways than these 2 that I provided?

I appreciate all your comments and advices. Have a wonderful day.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
sell 50 products for 20 bucks

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
sell 50 products for 20 bucks
Haha, good one.

However having in mind time I wasted thinking of ideas for products I think offering a service like social media marketing or web designing might be easier for me to get to my first goal which is 1000$/month. I’d like to know if you think it’s doable.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Haha, good one.

However having in mind time I wasted thinking of ideas for products I think offering a service like social media marketing or web designing might be easier for me to get to my first goal which is 1000$/month. I’d like to know if you think it’s doable.

Sure why not?

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
I’m looking for ways to start making 1000$/month, as soon as possible, all ideas and advices are very appreciated.

edit: I feel like I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do now.

Last edited:

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I’m looking for ways to start making 1000$/month, as soon as possible, all ideas and advices are very appreciated.

edit: I feel like I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do now.
Well...
Like you, I plan to sell a product (inventory costing over $1000) when having no experience or money whatsoever. So I got into freelancing, built my writing skill, and now make 30-40$ a day just sitting and creating content on my computer. (visit Upwork, Guru, PPH, or any freelance website). It really depends on how hard you want to work and how many clients you find (there's no shortage of work).

There's a strategy behind freelancing, and if you do really well, you can position yourself with this $1000+/month income source within a week. I recommend you follow Lex Deville here on the forum and read his tutorial.

The cool thing of freelancing is the skill you build. You always have a place to work.

If instead you're looking for some ways to make an easy buck, you may find useful content at Kevin David's channel: how to make money by watching videos, copying and pasting, drawing lines, listening to music, walking, and so on...
If you look for a safe bet, do freelancing instead.

You don't need money to make money. You may not need experience, not even skills.

I hope that helps! Keep us updated. I'm interested in seeing how you develop from there.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Well...
Like you, I plan to sell a product (inventory costing over $1000) when having no experience or money whatsoever. So I got into freelancing, built my writing skill, and now make 30-40$ a day just sitting and creating content on my computer. (visit Upwork, Guru, PPH, or any freelance website). It really depends on how hard you want to work and how many clients you find (there's no shortage of work).

There's a strategy behind freelancing, and if you do really well, you can position yourself with this $1000+/month income source within a week. I recommend you follow Lex Deville here on the forum and read his tutorial.

The cool thing of freelancing is the skill you build. You always have a place to work.

If instead you're looking for some ways to make an easy buck, you may find useful content at Kevin David's channel: how to make money by watching videos, copying and pasting, drawing lines, listening to music, walking, and so on...
If you look for a safe bet, do freelancing instead.

You don't need money to make money. You may not need experience, not even skills.

I hope that helps! Keep us updated. I'm interested in seeing how you develop from there.

These are some very useful informations for me, thank you. I’ll take a closer look at this tutorial.

The fact that somebody wants to be updated motivates me, so thank you again.

ItchyCalendar0

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 19, 2020
London
Update: I spent some time thinking of ideas for products and I decided to change my plan.

I want to make some money first. My first goal is to make 1000$/month and now I'm looking for ways to make it happen. Currently I'm interested in web designing and social media marketing. I want to make this 1000$ as fast as possible.

What do you think?
Is it doable if I'm starting from scratch?
What are the other ways than these 2 that I provided?

I appreciate all your comments and advices. Have a wonderful day.

Cześć, (Ja też z PL) :)

Prioritising money isn't a good idea I would suggest you to read Unscriped to get a deeper insight into starting something valuable and lucrative.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
Execution is everything. Ideas are bullshit. Marketing is important etc etc. I've read a lot, listened a lot, and done nothing. Someone might tell me to just start, but I don't even know what I could start. It feels terrible being stuck and being a wantrepreneur instead of an entrepreneur. I want to change it so badly, but I don't know how to start and what to start. I'd do things, if only I had any idea.

Writing all of this also feels terrible for me. Part of me is hoping that it might help me somehow.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I need help

Hey man. What have you tried since making this thread?

You mentioned that you have a lot of will to work but not a lot of money to start. It sounds like a service business is up your alley. You also mentioned you wanted to get into web design. Have you made any progress on that?

I recommend purchasing yourself yourname.com and setting up a simple Wordpress website. This will allow you to get started with working on the web design side of things. There is plenty of work to be found from businesses using Wordpress to manage their website and it'll allow you to get working in a live environment while you learn HTML + CSS. This will probably cost you around $100 to get started. If you do take action on this end, I'd be happy to share an API key for a premium theme so that you can make your site look nice and learn on a modern builder without paying the extra $50.

There's other options as well. You can look into paid ads, landing pages, and copywriting, of which there's a lot of gold on this forum if you do want to go all in. Other than that, you could start a local service business like painting, lawn care, or pressure washing.

Figure out what you want to do, what makes sense logistically, and then just start. Well, you've already started and gotten over the hardest part, deciding that you want to. Now you just have to keep taking those next steps.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So much to address in this thread but I'll start with this:

I’m looking for ideas to start my business/making money on my own. I’ve read lots of threads here and didn’t find anything for myself. Like I said in my introduction, I don’t have much money to start with, just the willing to work hard.

If I were 20 again and penniless and stuck with business ideas like you I'd probably work for a food delivery company like Uber Eats just to get some cash but in a fully flexible way.

By providing a unique way of delivering the orders to your customers (let's say giving little origami gifts as your personalized touch) you could increase your tips. This way you'd learn how to hustle and add value plus you'd make money in a fun, flexible way.

In the meantime, you could study various business models (just browse through this forum to learn) and eventually build something yourself.

As for web design as a skill, follow @Fox. This can actually be started with just some education and willingness to work.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This thread is a great example why every single problem is in the mind.

The OP visits a forum for entrepreneurs, asks for advice, does nothing with it, returns several months later saying how badly he wants to hustle, receives some advice again, only to never respond to it and probably never do anything with it for another several months when he logs in again to vent again.

It doesn't matter how much advice you receive or how (allegedly) you want it so badly. The problem isn't your lack of experience, skills, money, time, age, location or whatever. The problem is you. Unless you acknowledge it and work on yourself (NOT on any business because it'll be destined to fail), you'll be stuck in this vicious cycle forever.

Furles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2020
Poland
This thread is a great example why every single problem is in the mind.

The OP visits a forum for entrepreneurs, asks for advice, does nothing with it, returns several months later saying how badly he wants to hustle, receives some advice again, only to never respond to it and probably never do anything with it for another several months when he logs in again to vent again.

It doesn't matter how much advice you receive or how (allegedly) you want it so badly. The problem isn't your lack of experience, skills, money, time, age, location or whatever. The problem is you. Unless you acknowledge it and work on yourself (NOT on any business because it'll be destined to fail), you'll be stuck in this vicious cycle forever.
Yeah, and I’m still here. I acknowledged that I’m the problem and I’m trying to work on that.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Go to your local government.
Ask, what it needs to organize a flea market. Fullfill these requirements.
Look for a place to make a fleamarket.
Organize the fleamarket.
Advertise it at internet, newspaper and other fleamarkets.
Earn 10€ from everybody selling there.
When succeed:
Ask, what it needs to have a kiosk. Get a kiosk and fullfill the requirements.
Run the kiosk at your fleamarket.
Have some good people to help you.

Thats how I started a business 35 years ago.

Repeat in the next town a week later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.