The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Goals and Update

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Its been some time since I've posted on here. A bit of my history.

I've been on here since 2017. I've tried a number of things and a good amount of them failed. Failed in the sense of I've move onto something else and let whatever I was working on fade into nothingness.

Regardless, each time I've dove into a new project It has gotten bigger and better than it's predecessor.

My most successful business was with web design which I started in 2017, 2018 did better than 17, and even if I did a few months 19 was better than 18. I still have my clients and will continue to generate some passive income from that, but I will stop selling websites for the time being.

I've already posted that I've started a new job in the summer and am responsible for a electroplating department in manufacturing. I currently make 72k a year in that position, its not six figures or anything but that was 30% boost in revenue compared to my web design. And it’s a industry that will open up business opportunities down the road because electroplating is a small industry but has massive demand from automotive and military.

Regardless of the success and evaluating the risk I will stick with the security that comes with the job so I can focus on my family's needs. I still have the 'splinter' in my mind, something is still wrong.

So I will continue to do a number of side hustles. I do have a 3d printer and have a pretty simple idea that I'll try and sell a product on esty for the time being.

Now for my goals of 2020….

-Wake up at 4 am.. Everyday ( some days I'll head to work to meet with night shift but other days I'll be doing other things on this list)

-Update my blog daily ( I've had a blog that I just let sit for years… It needs a new theme and I need to add more posts onto it)

-Post on FLF more often (I've not really participated here much lately. I need to start being active on here again)

-I'm going to try again with Youtube… just post a video a week without too much editing

-I'm also going to share more content on Social media and develop my personal brand along with some simple branded products coming off the 3d printer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
-Update my blog daily ( I've had a blog that I just let sit for years… It needs a new theme and I need to add more posts onto it)
-I'm going to try again with Youtube… just post a video a week without too much editing

-I'm also going to share more content on Social media and develop my personal brand along with some simple branded products coming off the 3d printer.
Hey, nice to see you have a plan in place.
Why not focus on just one of these areas and put all your effort towards it instead of splitting your attention among 3 different projects? If you're trying to make money, focusing all in on one tends to yield better results.

James Orman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 22, 2019
My experience is I hated Etsy. I listed over a hundred custom knit baby clothes for my mom and only 1 ever sold. If I could do it again I'd try selling the same items in multiple online platforms to really increase the probability of selling.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey, nice to see you have a plan in place.
Why not focus on just one of these areas and put all your effort towards it instead of splitting your attention among 3 different projects? If you're trying to make money, focusing all in on one tends to yield better results.

@EricFromCanada They are all small things that can take less than 30 minutes each. I've noticed consistency is key to success. If i can stay committed to each one especially in the morning everything that needs to be done will be done because I've already started off on a productive mindset

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
My experience is I hated Etsy. I listed over a hundred custom knit baby clothes for my mom and only 1 ever sold. If I could do it again I'd try selling the same items in multiple online platforms to really increase the probability of selling.

Of course, but you can't expect stuff to sell once you put them on esty. you have to market it and have them linked to the esty store. I plan on building a e-com store once the proof of concept is there.

James Orman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 22, 2019
In the past I've sold items a lot more easily on Ebay. I don't see much of a point of etsy if they don't provide you much help with exposure and take a pay cut on top of that.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

Going through the goals I've set for myself in January. Sometimes you have to adapt those goals to match your current state and to ensure you're staying motivated.

I've observed that my productivity dropped dramatically on those days when I got up super early at 4 am. I logged 8 successful days and the rest were failures but those days were my least productive. So I'm changing that goal to 7 hours sleep every night.

I'm still keeping my FLF posting goal up, I've posted an average of 3 posts a week. Not too shabby. Similar ratio to my blog because when I write on here, I get in the motions of writing and I just keep going and write more stuff for my blog and post on there as well. Sometimes i even cross post so I actually count them towards 2 goals.

I've gotten better at reading but not as much as I wanted. I finished 2 books last month, I was hoping at least 1 a week. I'm shooting for that again this Month.

I'm adding a thing on social media where I will post and reply to comments at a minimum of 1 per day. All I have to do is take 15 minutes of my day to ensure i do it.

Adding 2 new ones. I've also noticed that on the days where I'm sleep deprived, I lose a good amount of willpower.

One of my favorite escapes honestly is gaming on the pc with myself .

When I'm tired I noticed I keep myself awake by playing. I'll be open with you I usually i get sucked in for over an hour and I'm not exactly happy with that so I want to start tracking that behavior. A small experiment to see if i can keep it under an hour.

Another new thing is to just go to the gym.. All I have to do is show up and I can mark it complete, most of the time when I arrive at the gym. The hard work is done. I just naturally go through my motions and start lifting/running.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.