• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! 2015 Meetup Attendee Success Story (Just featured in Forbes)

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by Thenernsauce, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Thenernsauce

Thenernsauce Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $594
    I doubt anyone will remember me, but my name's Alex and in 2015 I attended the meet-up because my client Justin gave me his ticket. At the time, I was a personal trainer working in Dallas and loved the book, but didn't know anything about the community. I was SUPER hesitant about going and didn't book my ticket till the last second. Good thing I went... that meet-up set off a series of events that changed my life forever.

Here's a video of I took at the time:

High quality camera work.

Basic highlights of my story:

• Went to conference in (March 2015)
    • Tried to start some text messaging company that failed (June 2015)
    • Realized I overreached and needed to start somewhere more practical
    • Started a health blog with my gf (Julyish 2015)
    • First blog completely failed and lost money
    • Started a second health blog (Sep 2015)
    • That one made $103,457.98 its first year
    • Started a third blog teaching other people how we did it (July 2016)
    • Now averaging $75,000/m blogging with the combined blogs
    • Will likely hit 100k this month
    A feature on our success story just got published in Forbes and I wanted to share it with the group. I'm glad to see Dave mentioned the Millionaire Fastlane and MJ a few times.

The Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddomzalski/2018/01/18/make-75000-per-month/#db80b4c60598

There's really no secret to our success. Just the process. We didn't create a revolutionary product or invent an app that cures cancer. Lauren and I just worked the process.

Some final thoughts:
    • THANK YOU MJ. Meeting you was very important for my biz success. Seeing you live in your truth as an introvert, genuinely wanting to help people was just rad. Will always appreciate that.
    • Thank you other attendees. At the time, I was just a personal trainer with some pretty hair brained ideas who did not even participate on the forum. But you guys accepted me and taught me a lot. The community was just awesome and I am thankful for you guys (except my roommate who bailed out on paying his half of the room. People don't forget lol)
    • If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer any I can
    I do want to say that I'm not active on here because I just found I get too addicted to reading this thing and spend too little time working the process... In that way, forums like this can be a bit of a black hole of time for me. Part of me feels guilty for not documenting the success with yall or being more apart of the community, but I know myself and it was the right decision for me.

Cheers,
    Alex Nerney

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. BeFound Faithful

BeFound Faithful Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $837
    Awesome, Alex!

What stands out to me is you didn't waste time when something didn't work but learned from it and adjusted—practically. Phenomenal for just 2 and a half years.

Great story!

Thank you for posting it.

Tom.V, Thenernsauce and Raoul Duke like this.
  3. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,882
    Alex,

Your story is a huge inspiration to me as a family man who is waking up at 4 am, while working a full-time job and developing the skills necessary to create a business.

It is great to see that despite your financial success, you are not painting a picture of immediate riches. It sounds like you guys worked hard and persevered until the doors opened for the two of you.

I am going to add both of your blogs to my favourites and will check out your resources very soon.

Are you going to be attending the Fastlane Summit this year?

Tom.V, Andrew J., Xeon and 3 others like this.
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $179,417
    Love this

Notable

Speed+++

@MJ DeMarco

5. Genius01

Genius01 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $858
    Wow!
    Great feature story on Forbes. And kudos to you for a great job.

I like the fact that The "Process" is clearly documented there, and a lot of emphasis is laid on the Process rather than the Event.

And great free publicity for @MJ DeMarco and FLF. That's what you get for helping people turn their lives around.
    I'll always say it that MJ will never be able to fully realize how much he has impacted people's lives with his book and with this forum.
    The appreciation he sees, is just a tip of the iceberg of impact he's had on people's lives.

Will definitely mention him in my own success story someday when I am being featured on Forbes et al.

#Back to the grind.

Tom.V, MJ DeMarco and Dunkafelics like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,616
    Admin Post
    Yes! Love a good success story! Why wait 50 years for stock market miracles!? You can do it the Fastlane way!

Tom.V, Greg R, Andrew J. and 9 others like this.
  7. TKRR

TKRR Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $480
    This is awesome. Congrats for sticking to it and learning where to create value. Also, you are so right about this forum, haha, it's easy to spend a lot of time here, when you really should be working towards your dreams.

Thanks for sharing. Great write up in Forbes!

Xeon and BeFound Faithful like this.
  8. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $22
    I always thought blogging as a business was dead. But you just proved otherwise. Amazing man.

9. VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VIVEKSINGHJADONS Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $140
    It's truly inspiring. What MJ is doing is really incredible.

10. garyfritz

garyfritz Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $3,211
    +1. Major props, Alex. I had no idea success like that was possible in the blogging space.

My current business leaves me with lots of free time, and I'm a pretty good writer. I think I need to go check out Create and Go ...

11. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,017
  12. Blake_Writes

Blake_Writes New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $93
    Incredible story! And so simple. Create and Go just may save me from never writing my first post or creating my first video (I'm terribly guilty of overanalyzing, researching and well, action-faking).

Thank you! The timing is really something.
    I'll see you out there on the dusty blogging trail.

Good luck!