The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Start-Up Competition

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am filing for a process patent soon. A select few will here will know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Damn. I thought this just might be fun. I did not anticipate the vehement response it received from a couple of you. If it doesn't make sense to you and you don't see any value in it, don't take part. It seems to me that if participating in a competition is a waste of time to you, flame throwing on a thread about a competition would be more so. I have found in my life that some people tend to feel more validated about their philosophies, outlooks and world views when they're trashing someone else. I'm sure that's not the case here, but it feels a little like it.

The reason there is no value in this is because nobody cares about winning. You can't have a competition in which nobody cares.

It's like in a fantasy football league, the only people who care are the people winning. I would bet that the bottom half of these leagues have people who never touch their lineup after week 8. The top half will care through to the playoffs because they are getting paid if they win.

However in this case of the contest, there are no standings and there is no prize. So the contest itself is no motivation for people. The people who will enter the competition and see it through will be people who care about their lives and financial situation.

With all that said. If this thing actually gets going. I'll enter it because I just started a new venture last month and I promise that I will be in this until 2014 and beyond. :)

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
nobody cares about winning.

I'm always winning.
Even when I'm losing, I'm winning.
Even when I'm winning, I'm winning.
Even when I'm dead, I'm winning.
Even when I'm asleep, I'm winning.
Even when I'm alive, I'm winning.
Even when I'm awake, I'm winning.
Even when I'm typing, I'm winning.

#winning

/notsrsbutevenwhenimnotsrsimwinning

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Biopahas & Snowbank, good call! Entry fee, winner takes the pot? I'd be for that. It would certainly keep people in it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...