The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Start-Up Competition

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Anybody interested in doing a 2013 start-up competition?

I'm a competitive guy and I think the accountability of a competition would give me a little more push. I know I shouldn't need any more push, but I love competing.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Must be a true start up (no earlier than November-ish)
2. Winner will be decided by first years profit PLUS last month's passive with a multiplier of 12
3. Contestant must be willing to share financial information with a moderator
4. We must have a moderator who is willing to verify financial information
5. Monthly updates made on blog forum
6. Winner will be "crowned" January 31st, 2014

What you win:
Bragging Rights? A trophy that says "2013 Millionaire Fast Lane Start-up Of The Year"

Okay. Any thoughts? Any interest? I'd like to make the tweaks necessary to get this off the ground by end of month if possible. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I think it could be very fun.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
No, I meant that the start-up should be no older than November-ish of last year. We would start the competition on the 1st of March.

• Banned

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Right on! We need to get a moderator in on this and a few more contestants. Do you think the terms are good or would you tweak anything?

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
The only adjustment I can think if would be to push the start out and end out. March 15th and end of Feb. or something. A prize addition of an award banner next to the winners avatar would be kinda cool.

Last competition I was in on here, I crashed and burned and not even epically. Lol

• Banned

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
I agree.

Competition Dates:
March 1st, 2013 - February 28th, 2014

Let's say that to enter your business must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Was created within the last 6 months OR
2. Made less than $20k in total profit last year
This way people who are rededicating themselves to an old business can compete too. You think that works?

A banner would be awesome!

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
This is great, but it only works if we can get a fastlane veteran or moderator to oversee the contest. Do we have any takers?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last competition I was in on here, I crashed and burned and not even epically. Lol

You mean the competition that is still running? You couldn't even stay in it by simply writing a blog post once a month and now you want to join the next one?

I'd recommend you guys start participating in the already established and still running competition by simply posting your progress in a monthly blogpost even if you can't officially join it anymore and then join the next one when/if it comes up in August/September. No need for two competitions running at the same time when 80% drop out because of laziness and false motivation anyway.

Nobody cares about competitions and fake progress/success anyway. What counts is below the bottom line.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Nobody cares about competitions and fake progress/success anyway. What counts is below the bottom line.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
tumblr_lqu1dfHVvS1qh1km4.png

I'm in for this competition although I'm not sure if it's really a competition considering I'm joining in.

20370247.jpg

lol :notworthy:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Welcome to entrepreneurship, the home of insomnia and unicorns.
I wish I had unicorns in my bed, but right now I only have crutches and a knee that is f*cked up beyond measure :nopity:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I wish I had unicorns in my bed, but right now I only have crotches and a knee that is f*cked up beyond measure :nopity:

Heres hoping you meant

crutches

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
this makes NO sense to me. Starting is hard enough, now you want to waste additional time and resources on a made up competition on a forum? To what end? Find an entrepenuer competition with a $100,000 prize or something tangible if you need that motivation to get up in the morning and do the hard stuff. This is like high school counting how many people you kissed.. In other words, quit wasting time and get to work! making up rules and finding a moderator (guess who is NOT going to help) is just procrastinating and taking the focus off SELLING something.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Damn. I thought this just might be fun. I did not anticipate the vehement response it received from a couple of you. If it doesn't make sense to you and you don't see any value in it, don't take part. It seems to me that if participating in a competition is a waste of time to you, flame throwing on a thread about a competition would be more so. I have found in my life that some people tend to feel more validated about their philosophies, outlooks and world views when they're trashing someone else. I'm sure that's not the case here, but it feels a little like it.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Damn. I thought this just might be fun. I did not anticipate the vehement response it received from a couple of you. If it doesn't make sense to you and you don't see any value in it, don't take part. It seems to me that if participating in a competition is a waste of time to you, flame throwing on a thread about a competition would be more so. I have found in my life that some people tend to feel more validated about their philosophies, outlooks and world views when they're trashing someone else. I'm sure that's not the case here, but it feels a little like it.

Have you even looked at the ongoing competition?

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
I did. At this point you can participate but not compete. Like I said, I just thought it would be fun. And as it seemed to be a voluntary thing, I figured it wouldn't be something that pissed people off?!?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I did. At this point you can participate but not compete. Like I said, I just thought it would be fun. And as it seemed to be a voluntary thing, I figured it wouldn't be something that pissed people off?!?

Nobody is pissed off :smxG:

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Right on. Well, I think I'm too new to this community to have started this thread. I'm on my phone eight now, but when I get home I'll link to the current competition for everyone who showed interest here. That way you can join the ongoing one. =)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im in.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Looking forward to hear about the new business kak!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...