The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[2012 Update] Step by Step Keyword Research Video Tutorial

Marketing, social media, advertising

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Hey guys here is a quick tutorial on how to do keyword research using Scrapebox and Google's Free Keyword Tool.

[video=youtube;WVft5X-alSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WVft5X-alSI[/video]

2012 Updated version on how to do Keyword Research - Step by Step!

1) Open google's keyword tool.

2) Open new window and go to a web directory for ideas (I used "negotiation" for this video tutorial).

3) Type the keyword/niche you want to research, open advanced settings put 10k as max exact search and 300 as the minimum exact search. This is because the low hanging fruits tend to be between those metrics. (Make sure to put the setting on EXACT).

Take the results, sort them by the most searched, "save them/copy them" transfer them into notepad and remove the [ ] ... by typing CTRL H and the putting the two signs in 1 after the other and replace them with nothing.

4) Copy the list over to Scrapebox, open the add on called "google competition" - if you cant see it, then its because you have not installed it yet. Here is a link to their channel where you can see how to install it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyT3GtE74wU .

Don't use proxies (unless they are private) otherwise it will be VERY slow. Press "load from Scrapebox" and make sure to change the setting to "EXACT".

Press "START" and then export the data as .CSV and remove the keywords that have more than 100k - 200k results (if you are newbie).

5) You should now have a list of keywords that all have between 0 and 100k - 200k competition (depending on what you decided to keep). Copy those keywords to Google keyword tool again and press search... and now you have a list of keywords that have between 300 - 10k exact searches and no more than 200k competition.

Now go and build yourself a site around those keywords and make bank!

Enjoy!:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Last step ..... Once your have found your list, check the front page of each keyword (without quotes) and if you see the top 5 results are full of authority domains with PR 5+....Age 2 +, 100s of thousands of backlinks.... then consider dismissing it. As it will be VERY tough to outrank them - unless you have some kind of trick up your sleeve (i.e experience) :D

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Hey good to see you on the forum, I've read a few of your posts on BHW.

Personally, I don't bother messing with finding the number of search results in Google, I've never found that it makes any difference; instead I just check the competition out in Market Samurai. But good tutorial for the new guys!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Hey good to see you on the forum, I've read a few of your posts on BHW.

Personally, I don't bother messing with finding the number of search results in Google, I've never found that it makes any difference; instead I just check the competition out in Market Samurai. But good tutorial for the new guys!

I always look at those metrics.... it tells me how quick I can rank... the fewer people I can see trying ranking for the keyword (i.e the lower that figure is)... the easier/quicker it will be to rank for the keyword.

:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.