The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2011 B & P Presentation Topics

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Camel-2.jpg

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
For me, the two i am thinking about doing, one or the other (or both if time permits)

#1 How i went from $0 to over $250 a day in less than a month with affiliate marketing in some form of detail and how the same thoughts of scale on the web can be the difference of you looking for your next 1k/day visitors or the next 20k/day

#2 Use of programmatic automation to streamline tasks, do your math, and keep you up to date without doing much of anything.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I would present on this platform..

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

I can talk for an hour on this subject.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
B&P stands for "Beer and Pancakes".

About 6-7 years ago, a group of us met in Kiyosaki's office for a gathering and introduction to each other. After a bad situation occurred, and thanks to MJ's forum, we started meeting at a hotel in Scottsdale.

We tried to come up with a name for it at about the same time that MJ came up with these icons: :cheers::smx7: and the B&P was created.

We are meeting this week in Scottsdale to share our knowledge and learn from each other.

There usually is beer at some point, and also pancakes. But never at the same time. Well... who really knows what goes on behind closed doors??

Flying out at 10am!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Didn't see a thread yet- figured it'd help for suggestions on what people want to hear about from the people who are going, who is/isn't presenting, etc...

1. Biophase
2. Snowbank
3. Markettech101
4. Lighthouse
5. Russ H
6. Globalwealth
7. SaraK
8. PhxMJ
9. SteveO
10. RealOG
11. Kung Fu Steve
12/13. Mr and Mrs Runum
14. Cactus Wren
15. Davidla
16. Jaykla
17/18.Blfbob & mini-bflbob
19. MikeC
20. CoryC
21. Jbar
22. Montexan

List updated by Runum 2/1/11

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
I'm at a loss on what to present this year.

RE is sucking, due to cost of PM.

Internet is VERY busy work for me... not sure I feel like a success at it, but I have learned a ton.
Went from sites like Bath Mat Set to my newest... Smoothie Recipe, Milkshake, Margaritas, Slushie, Fruit Smoothie

We did have an interesting check forgery at work I could discuss...
So, I can talk about not making money in RE, internet or finance. Which do you prefer? :coco:

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Couple ideas I have-

One's similar to the 'EV of business: Why it's risky not taking risks' part of last year's presentation, but focusing on a different part of the equation and explaining why most people are playing the game the wrong way, and how to make sure to play it the right way, one's a live case study of a business I'm about to launch, going through the steps of how I look at a potential opportunity and why I decide to launch it, and one is the outlining process of trying to expand and create a large company(or bundle of companies) as opposed to running 1 small business, and how I'll be attempting to do this.

I may end up doing some sort of combo since they're closely related topics, but if there's something people are more interested in/not interested in that'd help me decide how to put it together.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I will present, but still undecided on topics. Some I am thinking about:

1 - General overview of asset protection planning

2 - More specific topics related to asset protection planning, ie. for RE investors, for home owners, for small business owners, for equity investors, etc.

3 - Options trading

4 - New business venture I am starting - discussion on the business plan

5 - Politics, sex and religion

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Internet is VERY busy work for me... not sure I feel like a success at it, but I have learned a ton.
Went from sites like Bath Mat Set to my newest... Smoothie Recipe, Milkshake, Margaritas, Slushie, Fruit Smoothie

So, I can talk about not making money in RE, internet or finance. Which do you prefer? :coco:

•How about how to work w/employees?
•How to monitor them
•How to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing
•How to incentivize them
•How to deal w/problems and disputes when they arise.

(admitedly, these are thinks *I* want to know-- might not be so for the rest of the group!) :banana:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Couple ideas I have-

One's similar to the 'EV of business: Why it's risky not taking risks' part of last year's presentation, but focusing on a different part of the equation and explaining why most people are playing the game the wrong way, and how to make sure to play it the right way, one's a live case study of a business I'm about to launch, going through the steps of how I look at a potential opportunity and why I decide to launch it, and one is the outlining process of trying to expand and create a large company(or bundle of companies) as opposed to running 1 small business, and how I'll be attempting to do this.

I may end up doing some sort of combo since they're closely related topics, but if there's something people are more interested in/not interested in that'd help me decide how to put it together.

Sounds awesome. I love case studies, if that helps your direction.

-Russ H.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
•How to monitor them
•How to incentivize them

(admitedly, these are thinks *I* want to know-- might not be so for the rest of the group!) :banana:

-Russ H.

I would like this a lot as well

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I'd rather hear about Bob's camels.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I would agree on the employee thing. Russ, if we tag team Bob think he'll give in?

I could always sit on him.

But he prolly won't be much good for anything after that. He'd b flat.

-Russ H.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'd be real interested to hear about the school and how you've been scaling it.

x2!

My topic - Coat tail riding.

For real? I'd love to hear about the MH's and how that business is working out!

From what i know about the interweb, you may not think you are an expert but your experiences will be largely different than mine, thus helpful to hear!

Couple ideas I have-

awesome idea!

5 - Politics, sex and religion

LOL, go with this.

•How to monitor them
•How to incentivize them

-Russ H.

Also a good suggestion, like the internet, everyone's interactions with handling employees is so different is alwasy good to hear other ideas/perspectives.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
It's official- I will be registering by the end of the week(just have to complete a few clients and get our merchant acct setup).

That said, I will obviously be presenting something on taxes and will have to do it on Sun.

Please give suggestions as to what you would like to know... I don't want to talk about Slowlane tax planning strategies ;)

Not to mention, the sooner I know, the more I can consult with my dad to make sure that this is the best B&P presentation ever!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
See Clint, peer pressure can be your friend...

Do you know anything about the implications of using a SD IRA/Roth for RE investing for tax purposes?

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Well once my registration is official, I should be off the hook for buying a round of beers ;)

As far as self-directed IRAs and using them to invest in RE, I know a little bit about it, but will consult with my dad as it looks like this will be a good Fastlane centered tax strategy to discuss :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm not sure if anyone is coordinating who is presenting, for how long, and what day. I do have ATW's spreadsheet from last year. I will be willing to coordinate the presentations if needed.

Edit: BflBob is the coordinator. :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I offered to do it, and have started trying to collect info.

I just need the contact info from Kenric.

OK, no prob Bob. I didn't see it. If you need any help let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.