The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$200 Per Week Online Passive Income...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
My goal is to make $200 a week online in passive income. You have to crawl before you run right? My goal is to earn $200 per week to fund future ventures. (I'm only 19, still living at home, just got my Real Estate Licence though)

I will accomplish this goal within 30 days.

The plan? eBooks. I have little money at the moment because I'm paying fees so I can start Real Estate. I am going to write some "How To" guides and publish them. I need to make $28.57 per day to accomplish my goal. So if I sale an eBook for $3.99 I only have to sell 8 per day.

I will also learn from this experience. I will learn how eBooks work, as this will be my first one. I will also learn some marketing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Step 1) sell one

Start there. Good luck.
Thanks, and yes for sure. I completely agree, the first step should be to sell 1, then 5, ect. Lot's of people make the mistake and say they are going to make a million dollars in 6 months with no small goals.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
$3.99 is too high for how to guides.
I plan for my eBook to be quite extensive, and it's a niche, which I have an advantage in. I think it's a fair price, as long as my information shows enough value to be justified at that price, Which it will.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I priced one of my eBooks too high and it f*cked up the fresh publish momentum.
How long were your eBooks? How long did they take to write? Did you use a pen name? Sorry for all the questions!

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
Research for you below (podcasts). Real Estate will be tough:

Here's a amazon search: 1-16 of 12,065 results for "real estate ebooks"

but not impossible. You might be thinking this already but I suggest deep-deep diving into a real-estate subject (ie: how to buy your first house with over $xxxxx student loan debt or buying a house after bankruptcy). Notice how @Glacier 's book:

Athletic Body in 90 Days with Calisthenics- 21 has sold the most copies? Even though the audience for the abs book is much-much larger, this book is selling the most because it has a very specific title and less competition.

With that said, if your book is unbelievable (you get tons of reviews), your marketing is genius and a little luck you could obviously make a killing by writing a general book on real estate.

http://life-longlearner.com/stefan-pylarinos-interview/

http://www.stansberryradio.com/Jame...To-Go-From-0-40-000-a-Month-Writing-From-Home

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Decided to use Glaciers advice and am going to price it at $2.99 instead of $3.99. I believe it will get more sales this way. I'm also going to design the cover myself using Photoshop, the designer I talked to wanted to much.

tekcraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 21, 2011
Canada
Graphics...99designs (more expensive) or fiverr (cheap)

Pricing...your ranking is determined by your sales but I believe there is a way you can start off free (to boost sales numbers) and transition to paid while maintaining some of your ranking. I heard that in a podcast somewhere but can't remember exactly where.

Hopefully my random ramblings are somewhat helpful

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Book is basically done, just need to get a good cover page. Going to start the publishing process sometime tomorrow once I get this cover page done. Then going to start marketing it, and starting the second book. Can't wait! Be an action taker, not an action faker. It's easy to get lazy sometimes, just remember, if you don't do anything...your life is going to stay the same. Act now!

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Publishing the book later today on amazon, I just messaged some facebook pages related to the targeted niche and am trying to see if they'll post the book on their page. It's been less then 24 hours and I have a book done ready to be published, while getting marketing situated before release...all within 24 hours! Absolutely crazy what you can get done if you work hard and put your mind to it. The good thing about eBooks is once they are published and your done marketing them, they still make you money over a period of time! Thinking of ideas for my second book, thinking about targeting the same niche.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Book is now in the publishing process on Amazon, could take up to 12 hours before it becomes available.

SJVC

Go Make It Happen.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jun 27, 2014
UK
Best of luck with this product.

Are you good a cover designer though? If you are then great, but the cover will have a big impact on your conversions. You can get some really good looking covers done on fiverr, I just got some done and was surprised at the end result.

Also, did you decide to go broad or niche with this ebook in the end?

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
My goal is to make $200 a week online in passive income. You have to crawl before you run right? My goal is to earn $200 per week to fund future ventures. (I'm only 19, still living at home, just got my Real Estate Licence though)

I will accomplish this goal within 30 days.

The plan? eBooks. I have little money at the moment because I'm paying fees so I can start Real Estate. I am going to write some "How To" guides and publish them. I need to make $28.57 per day to accomplish my goal. So if I sale an eBook for $3.99 I only have to sell 8 per day.

I will also learn from this experience. I will learn how eBooks work, as this will be my first one. I will also learn some marketing.

$1000 a month....... because you're 19 and you just got your real estate licence? how in the world do you plan on helping anyone ? just curious, serious question.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
$1000 a month....... because you're 19 and you just got your real estate licence? how in the world do you plan on helping anyone ? just curious, serious question.
What are you asking? Are you asking how my book is going to help anyone? It has nothing to do with Real Estate. Are you asking how i'm going to help someone as a Real Estate Agent? I'm joining a team with another member who is very good at what she does, she is also a broker.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
About to watch some Netflix and go to bed, so today I got the book published, and it's not live on Amazon. Amazon says it takes sales up to 24 hours to update, so i'll see if it has any sales mid-day tomorrow. I've done some minor marketing and hoping it has a couple sales. I'm going to start the outline and then the next book tomorrow.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
You finished an entire extensive eBook in 24 hours?

Something tells me the quality isn't quite there.
I worked quite hard on it, I barely got any sleep. I'm determined, and the quality is good inside the book. It's not very long though, hence the price $2.99, it's cheaper then a red bull. My next book is going to be a little bit longer, and I plan to start it tomorrow. Might take 48 hours to finish, depending on how much I sleep and how I decide to do the cover.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.