The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 years old- I've seen the future and I need to change it

waveman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 3, 2017
South Africa
I suppose it's very fortunate my life was messy and that for two years in a row, I could not reach my goal of studying overseas. I nearly accepted $40,000 in debt to make it happen. Good thing I didn't have the heart.

Now, through some luck, I landed a job doing accounting. I've got a nice view of what a post-degree life is like- I've seen the future. I don't want to be here. I don't get paid well. I get more and more responsibilities from other people, essentially doing their jobs, but get told I'm "not doing enough to get a raise". I've at least learned how corporates work, so I keep my innovations to myself. Been seeing way too many people overworked, trying really hard, being innovative and all, yet they never, ever get a raise. They do mindblowing things but never a proper reward.

I need money so I can pursue my goals, and a lot of it. Not just that, but time. And under no circumstances will I get either if I have to work like this 8 to 5 every single day. My current plan is to continue working here, so I can raise enough capital to get my business off the ground. I want to get into Excel consulting- selling reporting and accounting sheets/packages, consulting on dashboards, reporting, macros and formula optimization. Hope to learn good strategies here to make this business a success!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...